It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it begins....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The U.S. FDA has given approval to the implantation of the infamous (on ATS at least) Verichip. It is supposed to be used on hospital patients to store medical records in hopes to speed the ability of caregivers to access their medical records. I for one, am terribly sceptical about such a device and there is no way on earth I would allow myself or any of my family to be chipped. I can see this as being a first step, medical patients, then say, military people, then it is decided that all Americans must have this in order to aid Ashcroft (or whoever is in power at the time) to guard against terrorists.

Opinions? Thoughts?
here is the link to the CNN story.

Looks like ElavatedOne beat me to the punch and submitted this to ATSNN. If one of the forum mods wants to try to merge the 2 threads... be my guest.. MUUUUUUUUUAHAHAHAHA

[edit on 13-10-2004 by observer]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Thread merge is bad...mmmkay?

Scary stuff...inevitable....and scary. Many in the military are chipped right now, some realize it, some don't...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Chipping has been around for a while, Vets use them on dogs where owners install the chip and if the dog is picked up by a dog catcher without a collar then they just scan em and Presto!

Fido is back home planning his next escape...

I personally dont think its a bad idea. If people had it then is invloved in an accident or is lost walking the streets with amnesia they can be scanned and all their vital info can be captured.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
and your whereabouts could also be monitored 24/7.

I value my privacy, maybe you don't.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Many in the military are chipped right now, some realize it, some don't...

How do you know if they don't?

I'd think that most parents of the hundreds of children that go missing every year would find these things useful.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone

I value my privacy, maybe you don't.

same, but i have nothing to hide so i couldnt care less to be honest

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Chip away as far as I'm concerned. If you want every detail availble to anyone with a chip reader the go right ahead. But, if this thing becomes manditory and is required by law, then we'll have a problem. What I see happening is the medical insurance co's will require it in order to be covered. Then, as it becomes more a more popular, it will just become commonplace until they are chipping at birth.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
its not a question of having something to hide or not.

After you are chipped....you give up ALL PRIVACY.

That is something that i will never submit to, nor will my family.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

What makes you think they can't already track you whenever you want?

You can easily be tracked through a family member, friend, boss. Even your cell phone can give up your exact location. Once your in the circuit, you can't get out. Chips are really just here to help, I really don't know why you're so nervous about them.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Pssst! Hey. Over here!

SHHHHSSSSHHHH!

*looks around*

How'd ya like to get a "clean bill of health," know whadda mean? Wink, wink! nudge, nudge! Know whadda mean?

Want to get rid of your MC-382 cancer genome? Wanna be declared a genetic octegenarian? You're life insurance goes down by 75% when you've got the LL-121 marker!

For $100 UN-credits, you never had a broken arm, ya hear me?

Whaddya say, kid? 250 UN-credits and it's all yours. Just step into my office, we don't even need to remove the chip. we can "amend" your files from here. Just stick your butt up against this shiny mirrored CPU, and I'll type in the proper entries. . . .

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It's not the privacy or medical reasons that concern me about this it's the biblical indications it has.

All shall recive the mark of the Beast, and none shall buy or sell without the mark.

I know thats not a word for word quote but you get the gist of it.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I like what the doc had to say about selling a "fixed" chip for cheaper insurance. Kinda reminds me of Gattaca.

There are alot more people than we know that are programmed and/or work for a covert gov't. You can count among them psychiatrits, doctors, scientists...to name a few.

Computers are an amazing creation. There are a number of very small gadgets out there that can store huge amounts of info. So why would there be need for an implant to record your medical history? Are these doctors' assistants getting that lazy? There is simply no logical reason to put an implant inside you unless their actually getting more serious about the EM/RF programming project. People are finding ways to avoid the programming and the (covert) gov't is becoming worried.

I betcha this chip is designed to pick up certain frequencies, especially those given out by the cell phone towers. I'm not overly worried or even paranoid, YET, but wait and see. After a couple of years of being on the market, find s/one that has one of these and see how she or he acts.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Some of you that condone this amaze me. I see the conditioning has worked very well. Enjoy

Kansas is going bye bye

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
1984 only 20 years later....

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
By the way, its not a tracking device it displays your blood type and if you're allergic to anything and a couple vital information. Not what school you went to and how many teeth your cat has.

What if you're in a car accident or getted mugged and are kicked unconscious in a foreign land with no id...?

It has benefits. If it is always implanted in the same place then medical response crews would immediatley know twhere to look and get all the info quick stix. People dont really feel like telling there whole medical history after being hit in the face by a dashboard.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem
By the way, its not a tracking device it displays your blood type and if you're allergic to anything and a couple vital information. Not what school you went to and how many teeth your cat has.

What if you're in a car accident or getted mugged and are kicked unconscious in a foreign land with no id...?

It has benefits. If it is always implanted in the same place then medical response crews would immediatley know twhere to look and get all the info quick stix. People dont really feel like telling there whole medical history after being hit in the face by a dashboard.

u have a point, and that point is what will get the ball rolling,, everything has a good and bad point, its a lure and yes its a good idea, so was nuclear power, but like all things its a product and the point is to get it in the door, mabey the hospital can be alerted if u fall down or have a heart attack, once we all have it and its a commonplace they can offer great upgrades like clearing your credit history if u accept the upgrade to credit for it, or imagine if your child was kidnapped, we could track them down,, imagine all the lives saved,, there will be enough reasons to convince the masses to have it, for example how many of u have credit cards?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
It will be like on minority report.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   

It has benefits. If it is always implanted in the same place

Yeah, like the hand or head?
This entire topic was discussed ALONG time ago, just open your bible to the last book.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   

It's not the privacy or medical reasons that concern me about this it's the biblical indications it has.

Yeah, like the hand or head?

Do you mean a big 666 on the back of the neck? That'll be a little obvious...

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Do you mean a big 666 on the back of the neck? That'll be a little obvious...

Talk about simplistic...

If you are familiar with Revelation, then it should not be too hard to figure out the connection that many people make between the mark and the chip. Maybe you didn�t notice, but that book was very symbolic. Even if you don�t agree, you should be able to see what people are talking about and therefore not waste time and detract from the thread with smart ass comments. It would take not another thread, but another website to discuss all this with you, so I suggest you google it.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by cavscout]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join