It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deaf preschooler asked to change name sign, sign looked like gun

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Well obviously the only logical solution is cutting of the boys hands lest he sign something offensive. Im clutching my pearls so hard theyre turning to dust.

Well it is the quiet ones you have to watch out for...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I agree this is not only Ludicrous - it's gone Plaid !

These letters can also resemble a Gun and a cross hair. I demand the school stops using these dangerous letters Right Now !

F J L P T X Y Z

b d f h i j k l p q r t x y z

That lower case R is especially frightening.

edit on 28-8-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnepropetrovsk

I havent laughed so hard in months thank you! That was priceless.

I really hope someone gets a swift kick in the butt for this nonsense. I hope the little guy doesnt think he did something wrong.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The story is frightening.

I don't know what's in the heads of those administrators.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is ridiculous, what is threatening about that???? Could see the point if the sign was punching a clenched fist into the opposite hands open palm like he wanted a fight but I just don't see their point.
Is it because if the fingers are crossed it looks like a gun barrel??? If that is the case then anyone pointing to anything at all with an outstretched index finger and a thumb in any position other than wrapped in close to the palm is making gun shapes.
Perhaps they should be more concerned about education and educating the other kids as to what his sign means. Sheesh!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I watched the video twice and I don't get it. What kind of weapon are they saying he's miming? The closet thing I see are a pair of scissors? Are scissors not allowed in school anymore?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
When society reaches the point where paranoia and fear out weighs the right of the deaf to say their name, in the language they are forced to use, it is a sad day for our Country.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This has to be one of the most idiotic things I ever read. It's the kids name and he says it the only way he knows how. Forcing an impressionable young child to change his name because of a disability he has can be harmful to his self esteem and confusing. This is ignorant and prejudice. Anyone that agrees with this ruling should not be around children. They should be fired on the spot. Completely insane if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Because Im a bad and lazy member I didnt watch the video at first. After watching it Im even more irritated and confused. I have never seen someone pantomime a gun with crossed fingers. I think I spelled pantomime wrong. Meh.

Even if the sign were finger pistols, which is what I thought proir to watching video, I would still think this very stupid.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

I watched the video twice and I don't get it. What kind of weapon are they saying he's miming? The closet thing I see are a pair of scissors? Are scissors not allowed in school anymore?

Any pointing of fingers is considered gun play.

student suspended for "finger gun"
6 year old suspended for "finger gun"
8 year old suspended for "chcken-finger gun"

Signing the letter "H" is a terroristic threat in that it is emulating a gun.

Geniuses run the country.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It is not that serious. It is incompetence. It is ignorance. It´s fear mongering. But not that serious.

Why, you might ask. Well, because by law standard, It´s unthinkable to order someone to change his name just for policy.

The only mention violates his fundamental rights. You see, there is a reason everyone has a name, address, nationality, among other juridical concepts. that makes you unique and able to excersice your rights. That is one of the reasons every civilized country in the world has a vital record office.

So that is the reason they are asking the boy´s parents, not ordering it. What I mean is that only a Judge can order to change his name. But only if a much more powerful reason than a hand sign exists.

I will say it again. It is incompetence. It is ignorance. It´s fear mongering. But not that serious.

Hope I made sense.

Regards.

edit on 28-8-2012 by AstralAlien because: Formatting

edit on 28-8-2012 by AstralAlien because: formatting

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

His name sign on the one hand looks like the way almost all little ones point at things...so OMG, I am having a hard time it is beyond stupid!...No kids in lower grades should be allowed to point at anything!!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnepropetrovsk

I think we are in trouble in this nation. There is something missing....

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

His name sign on the one hand looks like the way almost all little ones point at things...so OMG, I am having a hard time it is beyond stupid!...No kids in lower grades should be allowed to point at anything!!

Perhaps this preschool teaches the kids to point with their chins, since they aren't allowed to point with their fingers. Or perhaps they aren't allowed to bring anything to anybody else's attention at all, to avoid the dangers of inadvertent pointing.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

star charli....yousaid something is missing these days, I agree...friggin; logic and the good sense God gave us has LEFT THE BUILDING....

could someone get me the phone number to call to get this all straitnd' out
edit on 28-8-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

edit on 28-8-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahweh is our new king

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
LAWSUIT!

I just love a good lawsuit in the morning. It smells like... MONEY!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Here in the Good ole U.S.A. people sue for the most ridiculous things. This is one of those rare cases when you actually want the victim to sue the brains out of the oppressor.

Like some one said, did they just actually sit down to discuss this "issue"? "Hey guys, look. The placements of those fingers when looked at a 95 degree angle resembles a gun. If that kid concentrate hard enough, he might actually shoot someone. I know this because I took a training with TSA."

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Zero tolerance policies are retarded.

They remove the responsibility of those in charge of having to do any kind of free thinking on their own.

Its a cop-out for being a responsible administrator and using common sense.

No zero tolorance policies are not retarded.

Some actually serve a good purpose.

Bullying for one. It was a zero tollorance for bullying that got the person (who followed me to four locations and cost me four jobs), to finally get fired from her own high profile position after being caught out bullying.

Zero tollorance has it's place in sociaty.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
obviously, sign language needs to catch up with the times,
nope, not the administrators, not the teachers, not the overly political correct systems we live in, not the 60 kids or people around the kid signing,, nope the whole damn sign language system needs an overhaul, we wouldn't want someone to feel threatened by a childs hand, wet themselves in public because they almost got shot with invisible bullets and make a complete fool out of themselves now do we? that could be embarrassing, but i mean what kind of parents makes their kid sign his name with a gun, what idiots, you know they probably got it out if that sign language book for jihadist, for sure!! we need a new war,
A WAR ON SIGN LANGUAGE!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join