It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forcing Children to Protest is Child Abuse - Parental Indoctrination

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by Pedro4077

I agree, but I would also argue that nearly all forms of religion are also indoctrination since most children follow whatever religion their parents push on them unless they are highly intelligent and seek their own answers as adults; at which point they may end up deciding to follow the same religion as their parents but only after they have the ability to make an informed decision does it stop being indoctrination. I would say most people tend to follow in their parents foot steps religiously for one reason or another. If one believes that this can effect the outcome of where one's soul goes after death then this should be considered just as serious.

As you said, let kids be kids, but this doesn't simply apply to protest.

Nicely put - Religion is the biggest offender.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Ok wait:

So you're saying i may not teach my child what i believe.

Instead, i should teach my child what you believe?

Over my dead body.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dnepropetrovsk
That is all well and fine but remember "indoctrination" is a two way street and that does not make you modifying your child's behavior any different than the way the people in the OP do. So if your child starts using racial slurs teaching him not to is just as much "indoctrination" as making him hold a sign.

Those two are not the same thing at all. Giving a child a sign that says "god hates fags" and telling them to hold it at it a protest it putting your child in the line of fire. They may or may not understand what the sign means to other people. All they know is mom/dad told me to hold this. However, if a child is using racial slurs, teaching them why its not okay to use them is not indoctrination. If you tell a child these words are used to make people different from you feel less than human, the child then learns. So they now know what it means to use those words. At the end of the day its up to the child whether or not they want to use them, if they know their parents are not okay with it, they will do it with friends. Its not indoctrination its teaching. Btw, nice try at promoting bigotry.
edit on 29-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
While it's extremely offensive to see those images... every parent indoctrinates their children into something, it's called raising your children. Religious people indoctrinate their children into their religion of choice. Everybody indoctrinates their children into their societal and cultural norms. I personally don't like to see a child wearing a tee-shirt that reads "ready to die" but I also don't like to see children forced to go to church/temple/mosque etc... but, they also are not MY children.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
Ok wait:

So you're saying i may not teach my child what i believe.

Instead, i should teach my child what you believe?

Over my dead body.

No i'm saying that it would be best to leave the kids to be kids - if there is a chance the protest may become violent.

Some kids should not even be taught about certain issues (abortion), until they are maybe 10+.

Let them have their innocence/cartoons/imagination before dumping adult issues on them.

They should be singing "The Wiggles - Hot Potato Hot Potato" - Not "Bob Marleys - Redemption Song".

That can come latter.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Its not indoctrination its teaching. Btw, nice try at promoting bigotry.
edit on 29-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

You mean it is not indoctrination when you agree with it
edit on 29-8-2012 by Dnepropetrovsk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join