It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Isaac Live Feed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I know, I know... it's fox..

rootsbd.com...

Here is a live news feed of updates surrounding the just recently categorized hurricane Isaac. Hope everyone down there has evacuated or taken necessary precautions. They say it's a slow moving storm that will reach its strongest point tonight into tomorrow morning.

People down there are in for quite a stormy night tonight

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
We have a few live cams around town if anyone is interested.
www.nola.com...
At the moment everything is pretty quiet, but the wind is slowly picking up.

edit on 28-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

Here's one of Bourbon St. It refreshes every 3 min.s
tropicalisle.com...

edit on 28-8-2012 by tanda7 because: fix the link

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If the eye does not pass over Grand Isle, it's not likely to have the eye pass over New Orleans, because of the way these storms hook. That means the Eye would have to be to the East of me (Houma). If it hits Houma or Thibodaux, with the eye, New Orleans is only going to get the East Side (Mind you, bad side of the storm to be on).

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This live cam has a pretty good view of the river front.
www.wdsu.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
If the eye does not pass over Grand Isle, it's not likely to have the eye pass over New Orleans, because of the way these storms hook. That means the Eye would have to be to the East of me (Houma). If it hits Houma or Thibodaux, with the eye, New Orleans is only going to get the East Side (Mind you, bad side of the storm to be on).

Yeah my Girlfriend is in Biloxi waiting for the bad stuff to hit

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm in Baton Rouge and we are starting to get some pretty strong gusts now....getting dark too. I'm going to try to get some video, although I don't have a great camera....gonna try though.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm in Metairie and we are getting gusts and a little rain.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but I enjoy seeing nature in it's raw state. I hope you all stay safe and everyone lives through this.

I'm a Katrina survivor who was injured during the storm. Don't take chances you don't have to take. Katrina almost killed me. I'll update for Metairie if things get worse.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Hey, stay safe John....I have family in Marrero and Algiers and they say it's getting a little rowdy now.....some squall lines starting to come through now.....but it's just the beginning. I'm in BR and we are getting some occaisional strong gusts, so I guess it's on the way.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Just thought I would share this sunset I just caught. When hurricanes approach, they cause the most beautiful sunsets.....by chance, as I was watching this one, a rainbow appeared just above it. It was so much brighter in person though....the sunset was a deep red....

join