It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"""Israel will be gone by next year"""

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
An Egyptian political science professor told an Iranian TV station that, with Allah’s help, “Israel will be annihilated” by 2013.

In an interview with Iran’s state-run Arabic news channel Al-Alam last week, Professor Gamal Zahran, head of the political science department at Egypt’s Port Said University and a former Independent MP, said: “Jerusalem is at the heart of the Palestinian cause, and the Palestinian cause is the cause of all Arabs and Muslims. The elimination of the Zionist entity is beyond debate, and the only question has to do with the circumstances.”
SOURCE

Either this is another crazy fanatic guy or he knows about something that is already going on

edit on 28-8-2012 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What a load of crap. im sick of israel, but the arabs pull the same crap that israel does all the time. Why cant they give peace and freeedom a chance

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
if this is true then I'm pretty sure it's just political posturing........tensions are running high and nobody can appear to look weak......it is going to get very nasty at some point that is inevitable.....

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This will only push Netenyah closer to an airstrike on Iran.

Over the years this has been "predicted" at ATS....I have remained relatively non commited to whether they would or wouldn't strike, although always leaning to "one day, they probably will". They did it with Iraq and Syria, so the presedence is there.

I am starting to think this "strike before the elections" talk is more then talk, and very well could happen. Hold on, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yeah good luck with that.
Attacking a country with Nuclear first and second strike capabilities usually is not the healthy thing to do.

linky

Many have wondered for years about the exact capabilities of the submarines Germany exports to Israel. Now, experts in Germany and Israel have confirmed that nuclear-tipped missiles have been deployed on the vessels. And the German government has long known about it. By SPIEGE

Should someone be stupid enough to launch a full scale attack on Israel they will be in for a surprise, a very rude & painful surprise.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Phroziac

Why cant they give peace and freeedom a chance
?

Really ! This is your question ? On a conspiracy site ? G, I don't know. Why doesn't OP make a longer thread and explain a few things ? Put some meat on the bone OP.

Look for all the right reasons this guy would say that. The truth being the No. ! discard.
edit on 28-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I`d love to put some meat in the bone but my english isn`t that good

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQ6666
reply to post by randyvs

I`d love to put some meat in the bone but my english isn`t that good

Well, that is the only good reason. But you seem to be doing great ! You sure your lil fingers didn't get tired ?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
By this Sunday evening, the answer to that nutcase's insane genocide upon an innocent population can by verifified.

It will be a significant evening, even if it will be an akward dinner, which the world will finally know whom are genuine to humanity and whom are the hypocrites.

It is the end of the farcical if not due to its seriousness - the Non-Aligned Meeting held in Iran, with the Egyptian president Mursi, of the Muslim Brotherhood - neighbour of Israel, there and a witness to the event - UN secretary Ban Ki Moon.

Whatever that is said and declared, will hold ramifications to the world for 2012 the next morning.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You sure your lil fingers didn't get tired ?
....LOL, yes I`m sure. I can read well, speak so so but not so able to write. It`s get frustating when I try to express my opinions and end up being missunderstood .....

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The first thing one must do is consider the source: Times of Israel.

Is there an agenda there? Extremely likely. It makes me immediately suspect.

The second thing one must consider is the actual words used and their translation (which i am personally unable to do) and the actual context in which they were spoken.

This seems to me to be just another propaganda piece that Israel is trying to use to justify their aggression toward Iran, saying that "See, Iran wants to destroy us and wipe us off the map. They keep making threats to our poor peaceful nation."

Had it come from another source i would consider its veracity (in regards to it being an actual threat as opposed to a hypothetical) much more than coming from The Time of Israel.

Not buying.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Because they refuse to see their ideologies as compatible. Because they insist on seeing the world as "us vs. them"....

hell, we could be talking about Democrats and Republicans.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Maybe you`r right and this is just propaganda but there are plenty of other sources about this news:

www.google.com...:pt-PT
fficial&client=firefox-a

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Oh yeah.

And Israel has not a thing to worry about - there aren't Islamists, in Iran, in Egypt, plotting it's destruction.

And you morons in the west who give support to these bastards should be held just as responsible if anything happens to Israel.

This nation is innocent, and here you have Islamists - terrorists - militant bullies - playing political games in order to induce indolence.

Irans planning to nuke this country, forcing Israel into a catch 22: either they do nothing, and they get nuked. Or they do something, and enter in a war they may not come out of.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

You are insane. There are hundreds of pieces like this at Memri. You think it's all taken out of context?? Are you serious???

How do you mistranslate the statement "by next year, God willing, Israel will be annihilated" - how is that taken out of context? That was one continuous clip; if that alone is the exact arabic wording, it is clear what is being discussed and intended: Israels imminent destruction. and To boot - what makes your claim even more ludicrous, is that it is coming from a religious fanatic Islamist: someone who very much wants Israels destruction.

People like you - amoral apologists - seek to distort the reality and culture existent in the Arab world: you want others to believe that they wouldn't talk this way about Israel in their own media; but they DO! And this is REAL.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQ6666

Maybe you`r right and this is just propaganda but there are plenty of other sources about this news:

www.google.com...:pt-PT
fficial&client=firefox-a

I'm not saying that comments weren't made. Read my reply again. Due to translation and context meaning is not cut and dry. I bet that the word "annihilated" is one of many possible words that could be used in translation of the original, and probably one of the most severe that *could* possibly distort the original message. Just saying. It's likely a pick and choose the translation that best suits your own agenda.

Either way, it *is* propaganda (by either party), simply because Israel is using it to influence attitude in its ongoing building of justification at striking Iran and its constant provocation in the region and assault on Palestinians.

Israel likely would be severely devastated if it decides to assault another ME nation (such as Iran).

And of course the western media, too, will be all over it, demonizing Arabs, Persians...

Lookin' at different perspectives, especially from a ME perspective should the US say something similar.

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

About time IMHO. I mean, I would like isreal to exist if they didnt treat others like pond scum. But since they treat others like pond scum they fully deserve to be treated the same way, dont you agree?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

You are insane. There are hundreds of pieces like this at Memri. You think it's all taken out of context?? Are you serious???

How do you mistranslate the statement "by next year, God willing, Israel will be annihilated" - how is that taken out of context? That was one continuous clip; if that alone is the exact arabic wording, it is clear what is being discussed and intended: Israels imminent destruction. and To boot - what makes your claim even more ludicrous, is that it is coming from a religious fanatic Islamist: someone who very much wants Israels destruction.

People like you - amoral apologists - seek to distort the reality and culture existent in the Arab world: you want others to believe that they wouldn't talk this way about Israel in their own media; but they DO! And this is REAL.

Yeah, i'm insane, because i don't see Israel as the perpetual victim.

How does one mistranslate the professor? Because he spoke in English, right?

Have you even translated languages from one to the other? I suppose not.

I am not an "amoral apologist" but a logical realist, and the realism exists because of Zionist/Israel behavior in the region and their apologists who seek to ignore Israel's aggressive bullying, which contributes to them being so disliked in the region.

That's like blaming the picked on kid for standing up to the neighborhood bully.

I mean, really.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Are you working for the devil or something?

Why do you assume - from the beginning - that anything said against Israel is either a distortion, but, if it is not a distortion, it is being used as propaganda by Israel in their attack against Iran.

What is the LOGIC in Israel's feeling threatened by Iran?? It's their nuclear program; its the prospect that this shi'ite regime intends to nuke Israel, or pass it off to Hezbollah who will smuggle it into Israel.

Is that not a legitimate threat? YES it is!

Now, let us return to your "logic"; Israel just wants - for no particular reason - to attack Iran? As if they have something to gain - and not out of a need to prevent the Iranians to proceed in their plans against Israel?

This conversation between this professor and Iran's media is an ISLAMIST conversation. What's acknowledged - and acknowledged because the parties speaking are religious, and the subjects spoken about - Jerusalem, Palestinian nationalism - which the professor emphasized was intimately linked with the defense of Jerusalem (therefore sacralizing the Palestinian cause) are religious, easily pinpoints the precise nature of their intentions: to destroy Israel.

Islamists cannot countenance Israels existence in Dar Al Islam. This Egyptian professor - speaking as a representative of Egypt's newly elected Islamist government (which has undergone some shaking as of late, in the military and media) speak honestly: there's no dearth of understanding in Islamist circles - in Iran and Egypt - that Israel must be destroyed.

The fact that you don't even acknowledge this, opens you up to accusations of playing the role of the devils advocate - of serving as a apologist for these lunatics regardless of the real threat they pose to Israel.

You are sickeningly immoral to even suggest - given who is saying this and where it is being spoken - that this is being taken out of context. It is IN CONTEXT - because Islamism is already on record with their intentions towards Israel. To whitewash that, is only to play the part of the invidious western onlooker who wants to enable them.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
if allah put israel there...why would allah take it away?

i'm more inclined to suspect Iran and Syria will vanish long before Israel.

just sayin'...seems obvious IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join