It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ellen Barkin Hopes Hurricane Kills 'Every Pro-Life, Xenophobic, Gay-Bashing SOB' At The RNC

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee

You mean you are not fiscally liberal? Lot's of people are not fiscally liberal. But the minute you think taxpayer funding of abortion should be mandated you lose the fiscal conservative focus.

Do not interpret.

I meant exactly what I typed.

As I've told you before - - I do not discuss my politics on ATS.

Personal belief on Abortion has nothing to do with fiscal.

As with the insurance companies providing free birth control. The pre-ventative is cheaper then the alternative. (pre-ventative in abortion would be - - government not having to pay for a living unwanted child)

END - - no further mention of abortion or communism.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

What do you mean you don't discuss your politics here? What's all that pro Gay marriage and equality stuff you say in almost every post? As soon as we are talking legislation it's politics. And it is fiscal the minute we are talking about funding programs.
edit on 28-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

cmon Annie she isn't hoping to cleanse the souls of RNC delegates. She just wants them gone so she and her friends can go on their merry way without any fuss and muss.

Anyway, she really just wasn't thinking when she hit the RT button methinks.
edit on 28-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

cmon Annie she isn't hoping to cleanse the souls of RNC delegates. She just wants them gone so she and her friends can go on their merry way without any fuss and muss.

I don't have any problem with what she said.

I have a problem with those making it a huge issue - - - and inserting words she did not say.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hold on, let me get this straight. This Ellen person used the the term "pro-life"? That's it, we're taking away her Liberal card.

As for her rhetoric, I'm reminded of a 19th century political cartoon. It concerned disarmament and was titled "After You". Remember Pat Robertson publicly saying someone should set off a nuke in Foggy Bottom? I do.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If you don't mind that I leave the discussion of abortion and gay rights and get back to Barkin? People are quite right that she is not a leader of the party, she probably has some small influence in the culture, but not as much as many. So I looked around for a minute and found these:

Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., accused Bush of purposely responding sluggishly to Hurricane Katrina. Frank called it "ethnic cleansing by inaction," a "calculated ... policy" to induce displaced New Orleans residents to leave the state, making Louisiana a more solidly red Republican state. Frank said, "So by simply not doing anything to alleviate this ... crisis that was so greatly exaggerated by Katrina, they let the hurricane do the ethnic cleansing, and their hands are clean."

"And I thank you professor very much. I’m going to be engaging you with those very powerful numbers that you have offered on what the tea party recognizes, uh, or is recognized as. Might I add my own P.S.? All those who wore sheets a long time ago have now lifted them off and started wearing [applause], uh, clothing, uh, with a name, say, I am part of the tea party." (Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee)

"Well, Thomas, I think the next act be dragging women out of patient rooms into the streets and screaming over their bodies as they get dragged out of getting access to women's health care. That's what I feel like is occurring today with the legislation that is on the floor," Rep. Jackson Lee said on MSNBC.
Is it unreasonable to call for the national condemnation of these comments at least as much as Akin's?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

I don't have any problem with what she said.

I have a problem with those making it a huge issue - - - and inserting words she did not say.

hahaha you are the one reinterpreting her Retweet to make it sound like a baptismal cleansing lolol
2nd

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
If you don't mind that I leave the discussion of abortion and gay rights and get back to Barkin?

Thank you Charles.

Quite Right you Are!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Dear Annee,

Forgive the possible insult, but you're a sweetheart. Ok, back to Barkin. I don't think it's a big deal. It seems a little like "Kill the Ump!" at a baseball game. This one could have easily been left alone.

But what is behind the crazy anger of our leaders? Is it that they're human, too, and just can't control themselves when they speak? I hope not. As someone has said, it sets a bad example and, I think, tends to drag the country with it. Is there any solution, or are we headed to the time when violent actions replace violent words? We're starting to see some of that and I'm worried.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
She should be charged with uttering threats.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by guohua

You can bring up as many sources for liberals being asshats as you can conservatives. Doesn't mean that one person's comments are expected to represent millions of people.

Stating that they are is ignorance at it's finest. The problem is not the story, it's the rhetoric used.

You jump the bandwagon and accuse ALL liberals of this sort of remarks in your OP.

Yes, All Hail The Peace Loving Left,,,, They would never wish and Harm to come to any one or group of people, The left only wants peace, Total Government Control of our lives and of-course the Largest Welfare Country ever
Only if they are allowed to keep their monies and we bow to their every Whim!

Is that relevant to the story? What purpose does that comment serve other than to inflamme the other side and bait other members into a discussion about left vs right, instead of this woman's deplorable comments?

It isn't and it doesn't.

~Tenth
edit on 8/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

So where is your outrage over the forums, democrats and the media connecting Atkin's comments to the entire GOP? I havent seen a single post from you on that.

For example. From one of your "paragons" of journalism.

CBS's Charlie Rose Pesters Santorum: What Does Akin 'Say' About the GOP 'and Its Image?'

CBS This Morning anchor Charlie Rose on Tuesday pestered Rick Santorum about Todd Akin and tried to goad the former Republican presidential candidate into bashing Mitt Romney. Highlighting Akin and his gaffe about rape, Rose needled, "What does that say to you? Does that say something about the party and its image?"

Rose followed up by pushing the former senator, who will be speaking at the Republican convention. The host demanded to know the "the differences today between Rick Santorum and the governor, in terms of how you see the world and how you see the particular issues that he will address?" After Santorum side-stepped the question, choosing to attack the President, Rose badgered, "Speak to the differences you have with [Romney] coming into this convention."

edit on 28-8-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
So where is your outrage over the forums, democrats and the media connecting Atkin's comments to the entire GOP? I havent seen a single post from you on that.

"Where is your outrage?"

It's clear that this is what you want; you want people to be outraged. Bickering. Divided. Spewing hateful rhetoric. You just love it don't you?

So transparent.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Why would I do that? The vast majority of the GOP, including Paul Ryan, actually agree with him on some level.

They were just outraged that other people were outraged. What Akin did was political suicide and you'll notice that the GOP only disagreed until they realized that they felt the same.

So sayin that Akin represents the majority of Republicans in power on his abortion stance, isn't false, it's true.

The current GOP abortion platform is insane, and I'll applaud any newscaster who states it as such. Just like the liberals idealogy on the EPA & Guns is insane.

And stop attempting to lump me under some liberal/conservative banner. I fall under conservative for most things, some liberal for other.

As for my post. I have not actually commented on the Akin thing as far as I can remember. If I have I probably made fun of him and said nothing about the established GOP line of thought.

My paragon? Are you done with attacking my character or acussing me of having ideology I don't have?

It gets old pretty quick.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That doesn't sound like a bad thing.

Where can we place our bets on this hurricane wiping out the intolerant, bigoted, right wingers???

Nice to see so many of them whinging on this thread though

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Annee

Dear Annee,

Forgive the possible insult, but you're a sweetheart. Ok, back to Barkin. I don't think it's a big deal. It seems a little like "Kill the Ump!" at a baseball game. This one could have easily been left alone.

Oh anything is OK from you Charles (on a personal level - - we'll leave ideologies out of it
)

I was driving west most of yesterday toward Southern California. Every station I listened to was making jokes about the storm wiping out the RNC. Yes - it could have easily been left alone.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Love her hate, for it piles our treasures high in heaven .

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Dear tothetenthpower,

If I've been forgiven for our misunderstanding, I'd like to express some confusion about your most recent post.

The vast majority of the GOP, including Paul Ryan, actually agree with him on some level.
What you mean by "some level" isn't clear to me. If you mean that some restrictions are placed on abortion, then it's the majority of Americans that agree. If you're talking about no abortions except for the life of the mother, then only about 22% of Americans agree, not enough to make up "The vast majority of the GOP."

They were just outraged that other people were outraged. What Akin did was political suicide and you'll notice that the GOP only disagreed until they realized that they felt the same.
Well, it was a good thing they were outraged, wasn't it? You seem to be implying that now they are defending him. I haven't seen that. I must be misunderstanding you.

So sayin that Akin represents the majority of Republicans in power on his abortion stance, isn't false, it's true.
I'm not sure who the Republicans in power are. I suppose you mean elected officials. Hasn't just about (with a couple of exceptions) everyone in the GOP condemned him? If you mean on abortion policy, then see my earlier comment in this post.

The current GOP abortion platform is insane, and I'll applaud any newscaster who states it as such. Just like the liberals idealogy on the EPA & Guns is insane.
It's the same plank they've had for a dozen years. They don't even mention rape or incest in the plank, because there is no vast majority opinion on it. If by "insane," you mean "outside the mainstream," then it's the Democrat plank of no restrictions on abortion of any kind for any reason, and the government must pay for those who can't afford it, that is "insane."

Anyway, cut me some slack for possibly misunderstanding you, and I'd enjoy be straightened out if necessary.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

As a no-good, dirty leftist liberal pig I do wish for peace and equality for all mankind and I do feel humans should take better care of the only planet they have. Having said that, I'm also not against the extermination of vermin. Hate-mongers, fear-mongers, pro-war, pro-torture, anti-environment, gay-bashing, xenophobes.... I got no problem with these types being swept away by a violent hurricane. It is less intolerance, more chance for peace and equality...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

As a no-good, dirty leftist liberal pig

Did I miss something or what? I never called you that or are you calling yourself the above.
edit on 28-8-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yeah and conservatives NEVER oh NEVER EVER EVER say anything that sounds like death threats to their ideological opponents!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join