It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So YOU think there are structures on the Moon?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Honestly no, I am sure it was a hoax, but it would be nice to see this rock formation in high def one day, to kill any last fantasy

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GiangyNY

Honestly no, I am sure it was a hoax, but it would be nice to see this rock formation in high def one day, to kill any last fantasy

That will happen the problem is the LRO hi-res pictures have a very narrow field of view but one of the orbits will take it above that area then everyone will see.

Whats shocking with all the claimed images posted on here over the years from Lear etc of what were supposed to be buildings, factories,roads,machines etc etc the believers haven't turned up with an image

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Agreed; not only, they claim as false the pics of the LEM and the rover recently published... Therefore, what we don't see is true but what we can see is false...

edit on 29-8-2012 by GiangyNY because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2012 by GiangyNY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Hi Arbitrageur.

What's the big difference, meaning how would NASA's missions be different if they were looking for intelligent life, and more importantly, why would they do so when it seems unlikely?
I think the big difference is in how they look and where. You bring up a good point with the object on Mars' moon Phobos. If NASA were interested in looking for evidence of intelligent life past or present (astro-archeology) I would think they would look very closely at places like Phobos and the Face on Mars. How many images do we have of the Cydonia region since the 1975 Viking mission? I find myself still being curious about the Face, Perhaps a HiRez image of that location would put curiosities like mine to rest.

I understand that it seems silly to look for signs of intelligent life within our own solar system because it appears exremely unlikely but it is very difficult to find something when you are not looking for it. To point out a comparison, it was not long ago that water was thought to be absent from our solar system everywhere except Earth and the occasional comet. The irony is that water is found just about everywhere except on comets. The whole "dirty snowball" thing just doesn't hold up to the evidence.

From your Link.

Objective 2.1
Mars exploration

Through orbital and surface missions, explore Mars for potentially habitable environments, as evidenced by water or aqueous minerals. Study Martian meteorites to guide future Mars exploration. Develop the methods and supporting technologies for the in situ characterization of aqueous minerals, carbon chemistry and/or life.

I may be wrong but what I gather from this is that NASA is limiting its search for life to favorable enviromental conditions, chemistry and microbiological. My point here is that not only is NASA not looking for intelligent life but even if they did happen to stubble upon it they would ignore it as to not freak out the religious population, it might cause mass panic.

You and I, and most ATS members, might be ready for evidence of intelligent life outside of Earth but I don't think that can be said for the majority of the people that live on this planet. indisputable evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence might be just what we need here on Earth.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Hi Arbitrageur.

What's the big difference, meaning how would NASA's missions be different if they were looking for intelligent life, and more importantly, why would they do so when it seems unlikely?
I think the big difference is in how they look and where. You bring up a good point with the object on Mars' moon Phobos. If NASA were interested in looking for evidence of intelligent life past or present (astro-archeology) I would think they would look very closely at places like Phobos and the Face on Mars. How many images do we have of the Cydonia region since the 1975 Viking mission? I find myself still being curious about the Face, Perhaps a HiRez image of that location would put curiosities like mine to rest.

We have had hi-res images of the so called face it's a HILL

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01

Originally posted by SpearMint
It would seem really pointless to have structures on such an anti-life place when the earth is so close.

Pointless, unless the Moon is billions of years older than the Earth (which it is) and originated outside of our solar system (which it did)

Can you back that up with science? The moon is not older than the Earth, and did not originate outside our solar system. I can back up my words.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Well we now have a handy little tool for looking at those areas in much better detail.
The LRO ACT-REACT Quickmap.

A usefull tool for kids.

LRO ACT-REACT Quickmap is The latest Photoshop tool.

edit on 18-10-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Well being a kid yourself you will be right at home then !

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by SpearMint

Looking from a human perspective...for sure. If one is to entertain the idea of an alien race once visiting earth, it would make perfect sense.

but that's just me.

Common sense asks why highly advanced aliens would set up bases on the moon when their technology allows them to come and go as they please right here?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join