It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So YOU think there are structures on the Moon?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I do think NASA would share findings, because I can't see a reason for them to hide it. They put a LOT of money in to what they do, I can't see anyone benefiting from them hiding things. I'm certain that they do have confidential information, but I think that anything this big would be made public.

Because then they would have to admit that Aliens exist and if they exist they will have to admit that UFO's are real, and if they admit that UFO's are real then they would have to admit that anti-grav and/or other energetic means of propulsion exists. And if they admit that, well there goes the strangle hold Big Oil has on the world. There are lots of reasons to hide it and Big Oil would definitely benefit from the facts being hidden.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hiding "evidence" of stuff on the moon, is risky IMO, since it is so close to us. Our tech changes so fast, we'll be able to see what is there, rather than force drawing "shapes" out of the blurred images fed to us.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

True, but they are betting that it will be sombody elses problem to deal with not theirs. Much the same way, our (Americans) .gov continues spending my grandkids money from tomorrow, for short term gain in the present. It is seen widly throughout all recorded human histories. Peopld won't worry about it if the think it won't be their problem to deal with.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Apology accepted (I assume for your jumping to a conclusion?) I've seen the link.

A "very large portion" does not equal "everything"

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Of course there's buildings there.
Where else are tptb gonna run to then nukes start dropping

edit on 28-8-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Funny how the coordinates of the alien spaceship of the alleged Apollo20 mission are not in high-def, while a little bit on its right we have a much clearer resolution...
Check lat:-17.3 Lon:117.62

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GiangyNY

It doesn't look like LROC has imaged the the area of the space ship hoax. They are using an image from Apollo 15 for that area.

AS15-M-1720

Good thread here...

Apollo 20

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The moon is artificial and its more obvious the more you know about it.

There is a pretty good book called "Who built the moon". It has lots of very interesting facts about our moon that will make you understand why its rational to question weather it could be the result of natural processes.

And once you realize its artificial, you will start to wonder about the reason for it, and there you go, down the rabbit hole.

edit on 28-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Once I see those golden arches on the moon then i will believe we have been there. Lord knows us americans can't live with out our Micky D's.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimitiveWorld

"Once you realize it's artificial"?

Not much danger of that happening on my end.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
There has been a lot of evidence for artificial structures on our moon. No "smoking guns" in my opinion.

However, the LROC pictures, and all other lunar photos, are hand-picked for public consumption.

My question is... If NASA did find, or ever will find a smoking gun, would they share it with the public?

My guess is "no".

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility, if you think about how old that rock is, that some eye-openers could be up there.

I do think NASA would share findings, because I can't see a reason for them to hide it. They put a LOT of money in to what they do, I can't see anyone benefiting from them hiding things. I'm certain that they do have confidential information, but I think that anything this big would be made public.

There could be huge military benefit, among many others, that would be kept secret.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

The point of building structures, i.e. bases, on the Moon would be to save energy. With 1/6th the gravity it takes alot less to land and take off from the Moon than it would from Earth.

This is the same reason NASA was thinking of building a base on the Moon to help link up with other missions to the other planets in our solar system, that and for other purposes like mining helium3.

NASA's planned moon base announced last week could pave the way for deeper space exploration to Mars, but one of the biggest beneficiaries may be the terrestrial energy industry.
Link

As far as the reasons for the secrecy behind something like this, if it is even true, is several. Many credible astronomers and scientists in this field of study have in the past claimed that evidence of extraterrestrials would need to be hidden in order to not create a panic. This is an old statement yet one that I have heard Michio Kaku recently make claim to.

P.S. I linked C2C for reference. I originally heard Michio Kaku make such a statement in a documentary. I found this statement and others like it to be self contradictory and hypocritical of him. Thumbs down for Michio Kaku in my opinion.

Also keep in mind that it is NASA's directive to explore other worlds and the space around them, not look for intelligent life. There is a big difference between these two. Any directive looking for life is at best organic chemicals or microbiological.
edit on 8/28/2012 by Devino because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/28/2012 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GiangyNY
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Funny how the coordinates of the alien spaceship of the alleged Apollo20 mission are not in high-def, while a little bit on its right we have a much clearer resolution...
Check lat:-17.3 Lon:117.62

As i said most of the Moon is now in hi-res and NEW areas are added to all the time that area will get pictured in high res when the LRO passes over it.

Also are your co-ords right

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimitiveWorld

The moon is artificial and its more obvious the more you know about it.

edit on 28-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Yes you have to look with a 20 km height and it comes in the middle of the screen, slightly North. Then you can zoom in..
I got the coordinates here and they work. I made a screenshot But don't know how to paste it....

Apollo 20 coord.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Sorry my previous reply was actually for you

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Here is the screenshot

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Why is it when you leave the page, the longitude coordinates shift? Every time I leave and head back its a different longitude coordinate.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
Also keep in mind that it is NASA's directive to explore other worlds and the space around them, not look for intelligent life. There is a big difference between these two. Any directive looking for life is at best organic chemicals or microbiological.
What's the big difference, meaning how would NASA's missions be different if they were looking for intelligent life, and more importantly, why would they do so when it seems unlikely?

astrobiology.arc.nasa.gov...

Goal 2: Explore for past or present habitable environments, prebiotic chemistry and signs of life elsewhere in our Solar System.

Determine any chemical precursors of life and any ancient habitable climates in the Solar System, and characterize any extinct life, potential habitats, and any extant life on Mars and in the outer Solar System.
They don't specify any intelligence level. In the 1950s intelligent life on Mars or Venus wasn't yet ruled out, but today it seems unlikely they would find intelligent life.

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
2 what good would come from exposing tech originating outside earth? So the north koreans can use it to make a super weapon? Or maybe iran?...

Also I don't believe aliens have ever come to earth, as it is a long trip, and the requisite energy would be nearly infinite. That doesn't mean I am against all possible proof though either, a closed mind gets you.
Gotta agree that defense agencies like advanced tech and don't want to share it and give away the advantage or "gasp" fall behind.

But also I've never seen any evidence of alien visitation in our solar system. I do think the monolith on Phobos is one of the most interesting features I've seen so far in the solar system, and as Aldrin said some people might think aliens put it there, but I've seen no evidence for that.

If they were covering stuff up, I would have expected them to cover up that monolith, and they haven't. It's probably natural but it doesn't look all that natural, it looks like the alien monoliths in 2001 A Space Odyssey. I haven't seen a feature quite that interesting on our own moon yet. However the new LRO imagery is nice.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GiangyNY

First there was NO Apollo 20

Second do YOU really think that's not part of the surface but a spaceship

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join