It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So YOU think there are structures on the Moon?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hi All

Many on here believe claims by people like John Lear,Richard Hoagland , David Icke and others re pictures posted claiming evidence of structures on the Moon including every thing from roads, bridges, buildings, earth moving equipment etc etc.

Well we now have a handy little tool for looking at those areas in much better detail.
The LRO ACT-REACT Quickmap.

LRO Quickmap

See image below

Now this is a simple quick way to get started
Layers menu select location overlay tick long/lat so its dispalys on the map
Instrument Footprints select LRO NAC footprings (they show on map as red oblong boxes)
Select Base Maps tick LRO WAC+NAC Mosaic.

Bottom right shows long/lat position of your cursor on screen.

Once you have done that use the scale at the left of the map to zoom in.
Pick an area of interest zoom in and if a hi-res image is available (red oblong ) you can zoom in to see surface detail.

Now along the top menu bar if you click the Magnifying glass next to all LRO products you can they search for images to download.

It's like selecting an area in a paint/photo editor left click your mouse and drag a light blue box is created see image above.

A list of images for that area is then created on screen which you can scroll through you can select and download some are huge files so take care.

Most of the images are 60/50cm per pixel and are better quality than the zoomed in pictures we are subjected to on here on a regular basis.

Now we have this resource my challenge is the all the Lear/Hoagland/Icke believers on here select area they make a claim about that has been pictured by the LRO and lets see the supposed structures shouldn't be a problem to find these objects now.

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Those that believe, base their belief on the assumption that lunar pics (and that includes ones from the LRO) are edited. objects airbrushed...etc. So I believe this is a pointless thread.

But cuddos for the effort.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It would seem really pointless to have structures on such an anti-life place when the earth is so close.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Looking from a human perspective...for sure. If one is to entertain the idea of an alien race once visiting earth, it would make perfect sense.

but that's just me.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
It would seem really pointless to have structures on such an anti-life place when the earth is so close.

Pointless, unless the Moon is billions of years older than the Earth (which it is) and originated outside of our solar system (which it did)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the info. Fascinating stuff.

But yeah, anyone who believes the crap about structures on the moon won't accept anything that undermines their carefully constructed fantasy.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

But it is totally beautiful INSIDE the moon!!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

by that same way of thinking ... its pointless having a floating structure (space station) orbitting our earth ... when they could just live on the earth ...

Its pointless having expeditions and building bases on the polar ice caps ... when they could just live nearer, or in a city ...

open your mind ...

there are numerous strategical reasons for having a base on the moon .. depending on who you are and what youre doing ... a station in close proximity to earth for monitoring earths inhabitants remotely (out of reach) ... or for mining purposes etc ....

or all the reasons i cant think of ...
edit on 28-8-2012 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Segenam

by that same way of thinking ... its pointless having a floating structure (space station) orbitting our earth ... when they could just live on the earth ...

Its pointless having expeditions and building bases on the polar ice caps ... when they could just live nearer, or in a city ...

open your mind ...

there are numerous strategical reasons for having a base on the moon .. depending on who you are and what youre doing ... or for mining purposes etc ....

or all the reasons i cant think of ...
edit on 28-8-2012 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

Not the same at all, we are studying outside our atmosphere, if a race is advanced enough to get to here then it doesn't make much sense, other than being undiscovered, but that wouldn't matter since it would have been a long long time ago. Open my mind? I think I have examined this idea deeper than you have, I've just come to a different conclusion.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01

Pointless, unless the Moon is billions of years older than the Earth (which it is) and originated outside of our solar system (which it did)

Where did you get this from? We don't know how the moon formed, but the most popular theories involve the moon being created around the same time as the Earth, and being made from the Earth.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
for my money, there are many 100% artificial structures on the moon. and no, i can't prove it. it's what i think.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
Those that believe, base their belief on the assumption that lunar pics (and that includes ones from the LRO) are edited. objects airbrushed...etc. So I believe this is a pointless thread.

But cuddos for the effort.

I know but lets see what excuses we get for not even trying!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01

Got any proof for those claims then

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
for my money, there are many 100% artificial structures on the moon. and no, i can't prove it. it's what i think.

Well go look for them and post what you find!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
There has been a lot of evidence for artificial structures on our moon. No "smoking guns" in my opinion.

However, the LROC pictures, and all other lunar photos, are hand-picked for public consumption.

My question is... If NASA did find, or ever will find a smoking gun, would they share it with the public?

My guess is "no".

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility, if you think about how old that rock is, that some eye-openers could be up there.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
There has been a lot of evidence for artificial structures on our moon. No "smoking guns" in my opinion.

However, the LROC pictures, and all other lunar photos, are hand-picked for public consumption.

My question is... If NASA did find, or ever will find a smoking gun, would they share it with the public?

My guess is "no".

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility, if you think about how old that rock is, that some eye-openers could be up there.

I do think NASA would share findings, because I can't see a reason for them to hide it. They put a LOT of money in to what they do, I can't see anyone benefiting from them hiding things. I'm certain that they do have confidential information, but I think that anything this big would be made public.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I can't see a reason for them to hide it

NASA is funded by the U.S. government.

My assumption regarding hiding things is history-based.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I can't see a reason for them to hide it

NASA is funded by the U.S. government.

My assumption regarding hiding things is history-based.

I know, but why would it benefit the government?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

My guess is "no".

Sorry but a very large percentage is now covered by the LRO if you actually bother to look at the link!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You thinking is flawed based on only 2 known observations.

1 everyone freaked and ran for the hills after war of the worlds played on the radio, so the public has shown it needs to be coddled and cared for by mom, the .gov is happy to oblige.

2 what good would come from exposing tech originating outside earth? So the north koreans can use it to make a super weapon? Or maybe iran?

Your obviously not trying very hard here man, I can come up with many good reasons.

1 aliens no matter how advanced would want to get out of their tiny little space ships at some point and relax in a more natural environment.( needs a base for that)

2 aliens no matter how advanced would still need supplies.( needs a base for that)

3 aliens no matter how advanced would need repairs to their tech at some point.( needs a base for that)

4 if they are watching and proding man along a certain desired path, they would need tens of thousands of years. Many differing kinds of tech, and many differing skill sets. ( a base easily makes all of these conveniently located right on the moon)

5 the moons rocks we brought back have several "odd" qualities not found on or in the earth.

You honestly going to try to say that just because they are technologically advanced to us, it makes them "godlike" in their abilities to not need supply, or replacement workers, or repairs, or any other of thousands of things that we in our technological baby ssteps can see would be necessary?

Cmon man, at least pretend to be objective here.

Also I don't believe aliens have ever come to earth, as it is a long trip, and the requisite energy would be nearly infinite. That doesn't mean I am against all possible proof though either, a closed mind gets you. No new knowledge, it only helps you reinforce a flawed perception of the world, excluding all data that doesn't fit your preestablished profile of the world at large.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join