It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We saw something last night....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Something out of the ordinary, the Wife and I live in Surrey , on the border of south London, and at about 9.30 GMT last night I noticed as I sat on the sofa by a window a light slide past at I don't know what altitude but at first I thought it was a plane as we live on the flight path of Heathrow but the colour of it is what got me enough to point it out to the wife.
It was a line a neon blue in colour with one white flasher light at either end, the flash flashed twice at one end then the other and there were no green or red lights as you'd expect on a normal aircraft or helicopter, the blue itself was mesmerising and the flight of the craft was steading and straight but it seemed to be heading over towards Heathrow and the speed seemed to corralate to an aircraft and not a blimp but the colours were all wrong.
Does anyone know whether or not it was an aircraft or have seem something similar? and no it wasn't Chinese lanterns as we get a load of those around the area, and it definatley wasn't the police chopper that usually flies about.
I.m not under the impression that Aliens have landed but I would like to know if anyone has heard of an aircraft that is of a blue neon colour, it was dark so the colour stood out to me and I checked online aircraft liveries and none of them matched. as who would light up the whole fusalage of an aircraft?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Something out of the ordinary, the Wife and I live in Surrey , on the border of south London, and at about 9.30 GMT last night I noticed as I sat on the sofa by a window a light slide past at I don't know what altitude but at first I thought it was a plane as we live on the flight path of Heathrow but the colour of it is what got me enough to point it out to the wife.
It was a line a neon blue in colour with one white flasher light at either end, the flash flashed twice at one end then the other and there were no green or red lights as you'd expect on a normal aircraft or helicopter, the blue itself was mesmerising and the flight of the craft was steading and straight but it seemed to be heading over towards Heathrow and the speed seemed to corralate to an aircraft and not a blimp but the colours were all wrong.
Does anyone know whether or not it was an aircraft or have seem something similar? and no it wasn't Chinese lanterns as we get a load of those around the area, and it definatley wasn't the police chopper that usually flies about.
I.m not under the impression that Aliens have landed but I would like to know if anyone has heard of an aircraft that is of a blue neon colour, it was dark so the colour stood out to me and I checked online aircraft liveries and none of them matched. as who would light up the whole fusalage of an aircraft?

prolly ..

a drone
edit on 28-8-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
from the sounds of it, a drone seems like a possibility, how big would say it looked?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
it was a ufo

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by DataWraith

prolly ..

a drone
edit on 28-8-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

Do you mean probably?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This might be worth pointing out, last night at roughly 10-11pm (BST) the sky in the south-west from me lit up extremely bright for a brief second. I'm in bristol, and this would have been towards south wales direction. Didn't see any travelling objects/lights, just a huge glow/flash in the sky. Looked kinda like an explosion.

I didn't think nothing of it at the time, until i spotted this report in the morning about a bright meteorite which exploded over south-wales:
hisz.rsoe.hu...

A meteorite the size of a golf ball exploded over South Wales last night, according to reports. At around 11.10pm, people across the UK reported seeing a bright light travelling across the skies which allegedly exploded near Cwmbran. Police said they were not aware of the incident, but dozens of Twitter users and people on meteor forum Meteorite News said the bright light stayed within view for between three and eight seconds as it travelled. Nathan Jones from St Athan, writing on Meteorite News, said: “After about eight seconds I lost line of sight due to houses. “I saw an object, I can’t specify what, with a heat trail behind. It was orange and white and very bright, and also seemed very close, not that I could see. “Never seen something so amazing in my life. It looked like it was skimming through the atmosphere due to the curved path it was taking.” Hannah Sabido said it looked like a “bright white ball with a long bright tail and possibly a green hue”. She said: “It became more orange towards the North East, giving off orange sparks before bursting out. “There was no sound distinguishable above background. It began brighter than the moon. It was first noticed as a very bright glowing light behind cloud, ravelling very fast.” T Doran, of New Brighton, Wirral, Merseyside, wrote: “We were on the beach walking towards the sea wall, facing the South East and it travelled from right to left across the sky. “It just appeared in the sky, then the view was obscured by the sea wall. “It was silent, a large orange and white globe with a long straight green tail.”

Could be related? Looks about the same timeframe too. You may have seen the same thing, i'm not sure if we are in meteorite hotspot at the moment, but it would be logical for several meteorites to come down within the same night i guess.

PS: Which direction was this thing traveling?
edit on 28/8/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chemicalbrother

yes..

I was at work and needed to reply quickly ..

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Although some have stated it was a drone ( one of ours?) I doubt it as you wouldn't want to draw attention to it if it were for covert means, and it looked like a blue neon police light coloured cigar with one flashing white light at either end, so it doesn't conform to normal everyday aircraft. and it was heading towards Heathrow from a westerly direction as if heading from the city of London to Heathrow,, it didn't dart about but held a steady course, I will try to get a basic picture up on here to describe if I can work out how to store pics on ATS.
And definately NOT a meteor.
edit on 30/8/12 by DataWraith because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Just to add I also saw something strange last night in the sussex area. It was under the moonlight..looked like how you would see an "invisible" spaceship from a movie. I'm guessing it was just a cloud but it was weird enough for me to stop and look for a minute or so.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
SOLVED!!!

I read this thread the other day, then saw this on a fishing forum Link

I guess that answers your question

edit on 30/8/12 by Ashishin_no1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashishin_no1

WTF was that? looked like someone in a neon leotard with a rocket held in each hand?..
My one didnt look like that although the colour is close there were no sparks or trails, just a crisp flashing light at each end above a solid blue line.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Perhaps airplanes are using them new LED lights?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TitanBCE

I did think that but aircraft usually have one green light and one red light on opposite wings to show which way its travelling, this one had one white light at each end.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Clearly a rational answer is never going to satisfy you, you have been provided every known logical conclusion avaliable and still dismiss.. nobody here will be able to identify what you saw, if you had provided a photo of some form it would of been easier but without one its impossible. If your fishing for the 'you saw aliens' answer your wasting your time.
edit on 1-9-2012 by therovers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

I really suspect it was an aircraft, especially when you said it was headed towards heathrow and pointed out the white flashing lights, which would be the strobes.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by therovers
Clearly a rational answer is never going to satisfy you, you have been provided every known logical conclusion avaliable and still dismiss.. nobody here will be able to identify what you saw, if you had provided a photo of some form it would of been easier but without one its impossible. If your fishing for the 'you saw aliens' answer your wasting your time.
edit on 1-9-2012 by therovers because: (no reason given)

I have never asked for reassurance from anyone that I saw Aliens, in fact I was asking FOR a rational answer that of if anyone knows of a terrestrial craft that has a lit blue neon cigar shaped body and 2 WHITE flashers one that each end???.
The goodyear blimp I WILL dismiss as this thing moved far too fast for it to be that, and most if not ALL aircradft I have seen over my lifespan have a RED and a GREEN light one on each wing to dictate direction, the thing I saw had neither.
And my position from Heathrow all the aircraft I see head towards me AWAY from the airport, this thing headed towards it, IF I had the time to grab my camera I would have taken a photo but all I can do is supply a drawn image of what we saw, IF I can figure out the ATS way of attaching images.......

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I would have to agree with the majority rule here and say you and the Mrs. had probably witnessed some type of drone test. Although I do find it odd that they would illuminate the entire fuselage of a drone.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
that's the same as I saw in daylight....looked like field propulsion on a cigar shape one a medium neon blue that's just pretty in color

join