It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Best Vehicles for the End of the World

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

10 Best Vehicles for the End of the World

Nuclear winter. Worldwide economic collapse. Zombie takeover. We all have a favorite apocalyptic situation that we occasionally find ourselves pondering. One very important question: What vehicle do you want as your trusty steed?

MSN Slideshow

Amazing vehicles here

My Jeep made number 3, well kind of

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee but I have altered it.. 6in Lift Kit, Oversized Tires, Skid Plates, ETC

Let's face it, no vehicle is going to be the "do all end all" but if you can get one to where you are going to set up your permanent camp, it can be invaluable.

Pickups, SUV's, Fourwheelers, Military.. I would personally stay away from "soft tops" as they provide little to no protection from environmental issues and are very easy to break into.

Semper
edit on 8/28/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Ill take my 20** Ford Explorer V8 XLT.

That thing has some push, could blast through a mob of zombies just fine, i shove my way through jaywalkers in SF daily. Nearly no dings.

With the moon roof too of course, so the boys could have better shots. Would have to reinforce that with steel or something when its closed though.
edit on 8/28/12 by Vicker because: added

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I'll take my Land Rover Discovery. She'll go off road, run over zombies, push down fences, and her dual sun roofs would allow what ever aiming activities. All with comfort and style.

My second choice would have to be number 6, the VW bus. I know, I know. But they are easy to work on and won't ever over heat and I really, really like cooked food. Not so good off road.

Maybe it could be the second vehicle in my caravan.
edit on 28-8-2012 by froglette because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
First: Why run for large distances? It depends on the kind of apocalypse, so if there is everywhere the same SHTF, you could just stay at home. Use a light, silent vehicle like a mountainbike. You have to carry heavy weights (deer, beer kegs, etc..) - use a car.
But what kind of car? It should fit the situation. Large and a gas-guzzler? Small and fast? How many people have to be transported?

I can't recommend anything. In fact, I would try to stay in my well-known neighborhood. But it really depends on the circumstances, I guess.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The vehicles on that list are mostly useless. With the exception of a few. I think i'll keep my Dodge ram 2500 with the Cummins 5.9 turbo diesel 4x4. It can push down, pull down or run down just about anything.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by YachtDoc13

With an Allison tranny the're unstoppable. Plus u have way more options for fuel. I own one myself.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Sailboat. Bicycle. Horse.

There won't be any fuel. Duh.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I would choose this bad boy...

latino.foxnews.com...

I know, it's not off the shelf, but hey... I'm sure me, the A-Team and Macgyver could knock one up in a few hours

edit on 28-8-2012 by II HAL II because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

My Mountain Bike and My Canoe are my definite GO TO modes of transportation after the Jeep

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
How does this not make the list
Land-Rover Defender

vegetable oil not a problem.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Mister1k because: additional info

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Nuff said

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Sailboat. Bicycle. Horse.

There won't be any fuel. Duh.

I don't get how none of those were on the list, since they kept mentioning fuel shortages. Why, that article wasn't about vehicles at all! It was about cars!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
If fuel is still available I'll place my bets on a Unimog. Plenty of variations have been built over the past decades... The video is of the modern version but plenty of used and reliable oldies are out there.

No fuel.... I'll have to go with a Mountain Bike

Surly Pugsly/moonlander or Salsa Mukluk Rocks, Sand or Snow and 4 inch tires!!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Im not sure what, but most likly NOT a vehicle with 200 cylinders... ill stick to economy cars or electric. Last thing you want is get out of your car for refuel and .. .. Head shot!... i mean that is if there is any gas left in the world.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Not sure i get this? Surely, if it is the end of the world, no vehicle would be any good? For the simple fact there wouldn't be a world (as we know it) for a vehicle to operate on?

However, for the sake of argument, i would say horse or foot. But then i live in the UK so distance is relative!

Sorry for being a killjoy at the start but i always get a bit confused with these threads, simply because of the premise behind them. It's a bit like the doomsday bunkers.........what is the point? If the world is collapsing, who wants to be the only survivor? And that's if the bunker isn't destroyed itself, which it probably would be if the world really is ending........
edit on 28-8-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Everyone keeps saying how there will be no fuel. Next time you drive down the street look around and take notice of all the McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, etc, etc, etc... Any place that fries anything is a source of fuel. All you need is a multi-fuel or bio diesel rig.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by YachtDoc13

But if the world has ended, there won't be any fuel. Or people. Or animals. Or anything else.

Just a space where Earth was.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

If you are going to go electric then I hope it's solar charged.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Then I guess the vehicles we choose will not matter much...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by YachtDoc13
reply to post by Flavian

Then I guess the vehicles we choose will not matter much...

I don't know, wonder how hard it is to make a spaceship...........something to float when the world goes boom............(just been watching "Up" with the daughter).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join