It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

glad to participate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Greetings everyone,

I am new enough around here, and thought it was time to just do an into before its unfashionably late.

I grew up in Southern California in a traditional Christian home, I was read the bible by my father nightly, and had an incredible personal relationship with god. As i grew into a young adult, I started to realize that I was probably Gay and I talked to my father about it. We prayed, and went the next Sunday to church and spoke with our pastor about it. After praying about it, and reading scripture about it, I was asked to leave the room while my father and him spoke. I found out in the car ride afterwards that we were asked not to return. After being a member of Calvary Chapel church my whole life, I felt my relationship with god was forcibly severed. This threw my life into a tailspin and left me looking for the pieces and answers until this day.

Even though the event itself was traumatic I am so thankful to have been dismissed if you will, and given the opportunity to search out the truth, and learn to love myself.

You will likely see me commenting on social issues, political issues, or how slanted the media is. I tend to see the MSM and Politics itself as the only conspiracy worth thinking about on a daily basis, because its absolutely rotting the lives of billions on this planet daily.

I hope to continue having conversations that challenge my current view of the world. Thanks for allowing me to give a lil insight into the person behind the posts.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Welcome to membership. God did not sever His relationship with you, short-sighted, narrow minded, men chose to end their relationship with you, and your Father too, it seems.

We all need to question our beliefs and find our way, answer the big questions for ourselves, it is a wonderful journey, I hope you find some fellow pilgrims here to help you in your quest.

I am sorry for your experience with your church, it sucks.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thank you for the kind words

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SamLuv

Welcome!
If your glad to participate, we're glad to have you!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Hello to SamLuv

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from & to add your thoughts to right now. Once you have achieved a minimum of 20 post replies, you'll be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

discuss personal illicit drug usage,

Does this mean Posts about Marijuana Legalization are against the rules?

new topics

top topics

join