It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical Zero point energy and things that would hypotheticaly come with it.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
BACK to the original question:

Whether or not a device works, if a method was found to provide energy, freely or at an extremely reduced 'cost', it would be immoral and unethical to try and patent it.

The whole point of "free" energy is release people from the burden of having to pay for it.

The only purpose for a patent is to stroke your ego, or to keep others from profiting off of it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
BACK to the original question:

Whether or not a device works, if a method was found to provide energy, freely or at an extremely reduced 'cost', it would be immoral and unethical to try and patent it.

The whole point of "free" energy is release people from the burden of having to pay for it.

The only purpose for a patent is to stroke your ego, or to keep others from profiting off of it.

Actually, it's very moral and ethical to patent inventions that you believe to be of great benefit to humanity. It's a good way of ensuring that no one "evil" can do what you just described.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
reply to post by FromTheAlphaAndOmega

I know free energy is a horse beat to death, then ressurected and beat some more.
But flight was approached since our creativity was sparked as a speciecs. It was laughed at disregarded and dismissed. Until two clever brothers from ohio began fooling around then voila. Its was thought humans couldnt travel faster than 30 mph becaus the air would be sucked away. Even computers and cars had haters back in the day. So keep it up man.

This is a common misconception. The Wright Bros expanded on scientific research and thinking of the time, it was only a handful of people who dismissed it outright.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
energy could be free right now, hydro-electric power is clean and safe and nuclear energy research should be headed towards making is smaller and more powerful.

electricity travels at the speed of light.

there is no need to to build a nuclear reactor 3 blocks from a populated area.

they could be built in remote wilderness and deep underground to contain any accidents.

greed, politics and money are the trifecta of the worlds problems.

it is why you have an electric bill instead of a government tax statement outlining what percentage of your taxes are used to pay the labour and cost of running and electric plant.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
energy could be free right now, hydro-electric power is clean and safe and nuclear energy research should be headed towards making is smaller and more powerful.

How could it be free now? We have a lot of nuclear energy and it's nowhere near "free". And it's not clean.
We have also a lot of hydro-electricity, and it is also nowhere near "free". It's "clean and safe" in terms of pollution, but it's not good for the environment. Nor can you scale it up as you wish either.

electricity travels at the speed of light.
there is no need to to build a nuclear reactor 3 blocks from a populated area.

The speed (?!?) is not the problem. The longer the distance, the bigger the losses.

they could be built in remote wilderness and deep underground to contain any accidents.

Sounds like a lovely surprise for future generations, too. Also, wilderness today is not wilderness tomorrow.

greed, politics and money are the trifecta of the worlds problems.

As are bad ideas.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So just to be clear OP you think you've cracked a way to harness ZPE?

You plan on doing this with your machine which may or may or may not be solid state and with no moving parts.

As far as getting your invention out there in the public domain as far as i have read by declaring it on pubic sites and etc, this should in theory make it immune to being patented.

However I highly recommend securing a patent if you have the funds though just to keep it safe from unscupulous operators who will patent your device and a

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Wow, you got some ideas going, haha. They make me want to take physics in school. But sadly, my school doesn't offer it.

The concept that this hypothetical ZPE device is based on is kind of hard to grasp at first, but I think I got it, only took me about a half hour.

It's hard to explain, but I'll try, mostly 'cause it'll help me understand it better.

The OP said:

Said hypothetical device would consist of a crystal of 1/3 carbon nano tubes and 2/3 silicon grown around 2 carbon steel compression probes and a carbon steel rod none of which are touching anything but the crystal.
Said hypothetical device would have been designed for another worm hole project to be dialed by calculating a set of 6 bodies of mass intersecting with a 7th in the center as a zero point echoing together to create intersecting magnetic fields alternating like Ac electricity.

He also said that this was "based on the fact that carbon nano tubes have a piezoelectric effect."

“Piezoelectricity : Electric polarization in a substance (esp. certain crystals) resulting from the application of mechanical stress

"Photogalvanic : Of or pertaining to the production of electricity from light."

BN nanotubes are pyroelectric, piezoelectric and photogalvanic media. The photogalvanic effects occurs because excitation of the electrons with light polarized along the tube direction produces a charge current on the tube wall with a direction determined by the tube chirality.

In a post later on the OP said that, the “chevrons” (the probes in the rough draft drawing) would consist of six spherical AC magnetic balls, sensor/probes that echo back and forth with a seventh in the center."

--The mechanical stress in this device would be caused by the magnets (now that I think about this doesn't make sense, but alas, it might make sense later on)

---The stress caused by the magnets would cause the piezoelectric effect, thus causing the excitation of the electrons in the tube, (the OP explained this) which in theory we’d be able to convert to AC or DC power…

Like I said, it's a tough concept to grasp, if you don't get it, that's fine...not much you can do about it, unless someone can simplify this more. Which, I might add, is doable, I think...it would just some time.

~fort

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I would have to say the best way to make sure this isn't suppressed it to spread it as far and wide as you can, in as many places as you can, even places that don't make much sense.

Bury a time capsule, Faraday cage a hard drive in a lead container, mail it in physical and digital form to as many people/places as you can.

Put it up for free download is as many places as you can. Infest the entire "information" infrastructure with the information but do so simultaneously or as closely synchronized as possible so people wishing to suppress don't catch an early lead and "stop you" before you get started. After all that is accomplished start educating as many people as you possibly can on how it works, why it works, and how THEY can utilize this independently...(ie: make it or reconstruct it themselves)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OP your question is about the greed and the patent system.

Besides you really think certain governments would have third world countries no longer dependent on fossil fuels? and risk having them "catch up" sooner rather than later. Free energy would facilitate that and they don't want that.

Governments in general don't want ppl to have things for free. Nothing is ever free. I personally believe Telecommunications could be free, or at least text messages could be free, but that won't happen.

www.masternewmedia.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Well ok your right on that , well played sir. I missed the mark on that one but I still think my point was fairly clear.

I believe we should encourage others that have good intentions. I understand free energy at this point in our history prob wont happen, but Ill still try and give the lad a pat on the back. Look at antibiotics, that was an oopsy that benifited humanity.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I may be being very stupid here, but how exactly can we grow all this stuff in our garages? I understood nanoparticles were nano-sized and they have to be seen with microscopes. What recipe do I need ? Where is the pdf file which tells us how to go about all this? :-)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I know they have water snakes,,. is that what people mean by hydro electricity or are they speaking of dams?

but imagine large open areas of ocean ( near shore in some way) covered with a flatish water snake,, that stored energy every-time a wave, waved under it, and at the same the whole top was coated with solar panels?

another idea I had which Is a lot more expensive and not sure if it would work or not but id like any feedback of how dumb it is.,,..,.

satalite with gyroscopes and magnets that are caused to rotate fast,every time the satellite spins .,. tons of heavy magnets aboard,, that circle the earth in orbit..,. the movement of the orbit causes the magnets to spin against each other,,, there can be thousands or more of small ones set up,, more larger ones,, .. this can orbit for years,,, can store tons of energy,,also the outside wrapped in solar panels.

also is there any drag in space? can the force of the satellite moving through space be converted to energy in any way? or is this the concept of capturing particles or "zero point energy"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join