It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK Final Speech - Curious behavior/Symbolism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I thought some here who are into the symbolism surrounding these sort of events might find the ending of this video interesting.

The following is edited clips from an event where Kennedy spoke shortly before he was assassinated. There is nothing said that people haven't already heard Kennedy say before... and originally I simply found it interesting and candid (the full version has a lot of extra footage).

There is an exchange at the end that I found potentially curious.

A gentleman tries to offer Kennedy a hat and says:

"We couldn't let you leave Forth Worth without providing you with some protection against the rain." (emphasis original)

My curiosity was piqued in relation to the suggestion many have of who the "Rainmaker" is, and what many suggest Kennedy was trying to do at the time to the hidden government powers.

Kennedy declines to put the hat on, and requests the man who handed it to him to put it on. The man does and everyone has a good laugh. As Kennedy goes to sit down some requests from the audience for him to put it on causes him to get up.

At this point he seems a little uncomfortable... and examines the inside of the hat. Then after a little hesitation tells everyone he'll put it on Monday if they all go to Washington to watch him. It's a seemingly benign thing to do, but he was definitely not going to put that hat on.

Next the man who handed him the hat brings over a pair of cowboy boots and says:

"To protect you against local enemies... in the manner that you are protecting this nation against our foreign enemies... and to keep the rattlesnakes on Vice President Johnson's ranch from (pause)... striking you." (emphasis mine)

"We won't ask you to put them on... here."

The reference to snakes combined with the assertions some have had of Johnson being a part of the plot, etc.

The whole thing struck a chord with me regarding the idea of hiding "rituals" in plain sight. Something that could look normal on the surface, but for those who recognize the symbolism going on underneath an entirely different understanding would be there.

Or perhaps the hat was lined with explosives and it was a failed first attempt, so they had to go to plan B in Dallas.

edit on 28-8-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Very weird indeed, Who was this man? what was his motive for the hat and the boot? Friendly gesture or symbolism hidden in plain sight, intended to make him realise he was going to be attacked, Curious to say the least.
edit on 28-8-2012 by The0nlytruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by The0nlytruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
those dang Texicans sure enough are a personable bunch....huh!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
those dang Texicans sure enough are a personable bunch....huh!!!

Originally posted by The0nlytruth
Very weird indeed, Who was this man? what was his motive for the hat and the boot? Friendly gesture or symbolism hidden in plain sight, intended to make him realise he was going to be attacked, Curious to say the least.

Giving a hat and boots to someone famous when visiting Texas isn't an uncommon friendly gesture though not a specific tradition. As far as I've been able to figure out the guy was the head of the Chamber of Commerce.

I wouldn't have initially thought anything of it except seeing Kennedy's reaction + the word choices + the timing. I've witnessed events where I knew the two people were talking about something deeper than their surface words, but were keeping up appearances due to being in front of an audience.

Kennedy is known for being averse to hats, so it could be simple bashfulness.

edit on 28-8-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Re-adding this video to the thread as the original video linked was removed:

new topics

top topics

join