It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli court: American protester Rachel Corrie's death an ACCIDENT !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Haifa, Israel (CNN) -- Nine years after an American activist was crushed to death by an Israeli army bulldozer, an Israeli civil court ruled Tuesday that Rachel Corrie's death was an accident.

Rachel Corrie, 23, was killed in 2003 while trying to block the bulldozer from razing Palestinian homes

This is so sad and an insult to the entire human race but im not surpise by the verdict
rulling this an accident is excusing the murder of an innocent peacefull young American
they know what they did but dont care and they want people to forget her
but she will never be forgotten ! she sacrified herself to protect the innocents
she had a message of peace and the IDF crushed her with a bulldozer

do they have any ounce of honor ??

Rachel showed nothing else then kindness and courage
because she knew in her heart she was doing the right thing .. helping the oppressed

The soldier who did this will maybe not be punished now by the human law
but by God himself .. Rachel Corrie is now in heaven
and this soldier when he will die .. the pit will be waiting for him
eternal damnation for a murderer and his boss who ordered him to go ahead is no better
they knew she was right in front with a loud speaker

Link

Corrie, 23, was killed in 2003 while trying to block the bulldozer from razing Palestinian homes.

On Tuesday, a judge in Haifa said the family has no rights to damages.

Corrie, an American peace activist and human rights defender, was nonviolently protesting the demolition of Palestinian civilian homes in Rafah, Gaza, when she was fatally struck. She was working with the Palestinian-led International Solidarity Movement when she died.

The Israeli Ministry of Defense said in 2010 that it regrets Corrie's death. "But she was in a known combat area, so the (Israeli Defense Forces) does not have responsibility," a spokesman told CNN. "The case is with the court, and they will make their decision."

Corrie's parents have searched for answers in their daughter's killing.

"The more we found out, the more likely that the killing was intentional, or at least incredibly reckless," father Craig Corrie said in 2010.

"As a former soldier, I was even in charge of bulldozers in Vietnam ... You're responsible to know what's in front of that blade, and I believe that they did."

edit on 8/28/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Snap!

Why did it take 9 years for the court to deliberate this?
edit on 28-8-2012 by abdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by abdel
reply to post by Ben81

Snap!

Why did it take 9 years for the court to deliberate this?
edit on 28-8-2012 by abdel because: (no reason given)

did we just post the same thread at the exact same time ?

took them 9 yrs because they wanted people to forget about her
wait until the dust return to the ground
its a old tactic from bad governments

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
This is so sad

sad for the parents, but when you become an apologist for palestinian terrorists, and play in front of heavy earthmoving machinery you are just silly

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
And that's what happens when a frail human body tries to take on several tons of machinery.......hopefully lessons were learned.

Tragedy all round sadly.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Racheal Corrie was apologising to no one. She was trying to prevent more illegal destruction of peoples homes. It takes a lot of balls to play chicken with a bull dozer, try it sometime.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

This is so sad

sad for the parents, but when you become an apologist for palestinian terrorists, and play in front of heavy earthmoving machinery you are just silly

she was a HERO .. trying to defend old palestinian houses
im an apologist for the terrorist .. do you really believe that ?

the IDF is way more terrorist then Saddam, Gaddafi, Amhadinejad, Assad and Kimmy Jr
all combined together and by FAR

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but isn't this the very core of the issue.

Americans sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.

Think about it, if America's foreign policy was such that we didn't bank roll Israel at every corner, how much easier would negotiations on all sides be if say it was a level playing field there?

Its all blow back from America pushing its will abroad through any means.

From overthrowing the democratic government of Iran to modern day.

This women case was sad, but its a macrocosm of what goes on in a much broader sense.

Someone feeling they have a right to inject themselves into a situation they have no right being in, in the first place.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

reply to post by spoor

Racheal Corrie was apologising to no one. She was trying to prevent more illegal destruction of peoples homes. It takes a lot of balls to play chicken with a bull dozer, try it sometime.

Exactly ! .. the illegal settlements .. building illegaly on the Palestinian land and still going on
Israel has broken thousand of UN resolutions on this issue
also destroying many palestinian garden with their waste is disgusting
what kind of human would do that to others .. evil humans

Rachel got more balls then a complete IDF battalion thats for sure

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

reply to post by spoor

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Sad, but she knew the consequences. I respect her convictions. Even if I, or anyone else, might believe its misguided, or wrong.MHO

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Someone feeling they have a right to inject themselves into a situation they have no right being in, in the first place.

So why werent the palestinians standing in front of the bulldozer to protect the house?

or better yet, why not persuade one of the Israeli's to lie in front of it as per HHGTTG

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by benrl

So why werent the palestinians standing in front of the bulldozer to protect the house?

or better yet, why not persuade one of the Israeli's to lie in front of it as per HHGTTG

one mistake she did .. underestimating the IDF
when she was standing there in her mind she though the driver would never step on the gas
knowing she was there

the lesson learned here .. dont underestimate evil
because they dont care if you die if you stand in their way of destruction
supporting the palestinian side made her a terrorist in the IDF view

they probably put some bad ass bulldozer driver that dont care
to be sure to finish his job and kill anyone who try to stop him
some IDF soldier would have never do that .. yes i believe some IDF soldier still have hearts
compare to the killer bulldozer driver

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Maybe there were no Palestinians in front of the dozer because they knew how cheaply their lives were valued by the I.O.F. they would have been arrested,shot and left in the desert, whereas a foreigner has more rights than a inhabitant and their death should cause a stir, unfortunately too late.
I totally agree that there should have been Israelis in front of it, the more the better.
edit on 28-8-2012 by abdel because: polishing the turd

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I totally agree that there should have been Israelis in front of it, the more the better.

Hmmmm.

Are you saying that if it was Israeli people, being killed, you would be happy with it? Or are you saying if more Israeli people, show up at these demolitions, then maybe Israelis, in general, will question it, or stop it.. I only ask, because I have seen people on ATS, value other peoples lives, callously. Honestly, if you take what happened, at face value, someone died. Having more people there would just have had the same outcome. MHO
edit on 28-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I was being facetious, it's just that death in Palestine seems to be the norm. I would like to see more Israelis fighting on behalf on the Palestinians but I can imagine the stigma that is attached to anyone in Israel speaking out against their government, they'd be seen as traitors because the whole region has been polarised.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
From Jpost :

Haifa court rules against Rachel Corrie family in suit

The Haifa District Court on Tuesday ruled against the family of Rachel Corrie, the American pro-Palestinian activist struck and killed by a bulldozer in Gaza.

In the verdict, Judge Oded Gershon invoked the principle of the combatant activities exception, noting that IDF forces had been attacked in the same area Corrie was killed just hours earlier.

Thats their excuse .. because they have been attacked hours earlier !
lamest excuse ever

they dont even try to lie better so the familly can make closure
this verdict will make things worst

Will Obama cut the billions dollars free aid to Israel each yrs now ?
its not like Americans need all that money .. oh wait !

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I was being facetious, it's just that death in Palestine seems to be the norm. I would like to see more Israelis fighting on behalf on the Palestinians but I can imagine the stigma that is attached to anyone in Israel speaking out against their government, they'd be seen as traitors because the whole region has been polarised.

If even 1 Israeli would be standing beside Rachel at that moment
the driver would have backed off for sure

Thats what you were saying and its true
Israelis and Americans are suppose to be brothers and sisters
crushing her with no remorse and then saying its an accident
mean Israel is NOT an american ally but an enemy of the state

Obama should take action and grow some balls
Romney is worst and dont have any balls at all

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

If even 1 Israeli would be standing beside Rachel at that moment
the driver would have backed off for sure

and how would the driver have been able to identify a israeli?

Israelis and Americans are suppose to be brothers and sisters

And they both fight terrorists...

crushing her with no remorse and then saying its an accident

It was a accident, it was foolish of her to listen to palestinian terrorists and stand in front of heavy nachinery

Obama should take action and grow some balls

So you think Obama should help Israel fight Palestinian terrorists....

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I dont know. Hard to use the word, "facetious", by claiming "the more the better". That's not humor, regardless, if someone has become hardened to the violence in that region. Kind of cold.

BTW

There are plenty of people in the region, that are working at it, and are definitely not letting those ills, affect them, by giving up, and saying "oh well", its the norm.Both sides need to find common ground.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well, I'm not going to apologise for my sense of humour but death in Palestine is the norm, life for Arabs is very cheap there.
Excellent vid, I support One Voice but there is not enough international support for the Occupied Territories, most people on the vid were from that region. This is why we need people like Rachel Corrie, her case brings to light many wrongs in that area. Foreigners won't listen to Arabs, they must hear it from a countryman in order for it to sink in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join