It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashes and Star-like objects that move strangely in the sky explained

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thanks again for all the replies, and general interest in my thread. Sorry I couldn't reply to everyone last time, but had to go away for a few days, and I needed to get some sleep - on the plus side I've been getting a lot of practical experience in the field of "sleep deprivation" in the last few days/week

reply to post by BASSPLYR

It may be that you saw a satellite to begin with, and then when you lost the satellite, a meteor appeared in just the right place/just the right time to look as if it was the same object (the satellite) that you saw at first. Or it could be that as you lost the first satellite (it could have disappeared into Earth's shadow), your eyes simple picked up another satellite overhead... I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "teleported".

It may well be that you saw the same satellite on subsequent nights. That is certainly not uncommon, but many satellites can look superficially similar, so the only way to tell for sure would be to identify the satellite.

Having a few satellites visible at the same time is also nothing strange. The sky is a very busy place.

If there is a next time, perhaps try to identify the satellite as I suggested in the OP

Jaellma - as GezinhoKiko said, what you described fits the description of satellites.

charlyv - Good post

I think you are right that "Stacked Aircraft" is also responsible for may UFO reports as well.

One thing that should also perhaps be mentioned here, is that "Stacked Aircraft" will only appear this way low down in the sky (certainly no higher than 45 degrees altitude) as most commercial aircraft tend to descend gradually.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FireballStorm

I absolutely agree with users - 'skywatch' and 'justjoemusic'. Today I faced same to same exact situation, as described by both of them. I was searching all over google, you tube and all other forums if anyone else happened to see the same like what I saw today with my naked eyes for around 45 mins or it is just my eyes which are tricking me. Start like things moving in the sky. I absolutely agree with all the comments/posts of 'skywatch' and I don't agree too that it is a Satellite. I am not even sure of what i sthis phenomenon. May be UFO or something similar I believe.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I saw 5 star like objects zipping across the sky when i was 17, now 43 yrs old. They zig-zagged in unison, stopping on a dime, instantaneously moving at an unimagineable top speed, all together spaced apart a distance difficult to gauge but rather far apart I'd say compared to what one may see at an air show. If it was man, the government sure does have some incredible secrets they are keeping.

a reply to: vbkutti

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
cool thread....we still have the camera flashes seen peripherally....
ufo's...real orbs ya betcha....iridium flares...so cool to see a 15 second long one, cigar shaped mother....400 feet long personally confirmed...but those camera flashes almost seem to come from ground level within 8 miles don't they??
I mean sometimes
edit on 22-8-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hi Joe and greetings from Croatia

I live in the town of Pula, Istrian peninsula, Croatia and i have seen many objects in the night and day sky like you did but i want to tell you about an event i experienced about 6 months ago.
It was around 2am when me and my girlfriend were leaving my friends building and i got the "feeling" i have to look up at the sky. i saw a transparent cloud in the sky and a tiny (as it looked from my perspective) star like object- a dot in the middle of the cloud and as soon i layed my eyes on it, it vanished without a trace i half of a second!!! Why it has disapeared so quickly as soon as i looked at it and was it "looking" back at me...? That felling to look up- an intuition or maybe "it" wanted me to look up i really have no explanation except it felt really spooky yet i felt no fear or discomfort. i believe in the spiritual world and have experienced a lot of stuff regarding that so my only question is: what was that and why it was looking back at me? I find no other explanation of it dissapearing in like warp 20 speed as soon i made eye contact. My girlfriend didnt saw it as she was walking to our car but i did and am i glad it all happened and maybe one day i will find out what was that curious little bright dot in the sky looking back at me.

Feel free to contact me if you like

best regards

Alen

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Hello I see every night when look up with my Telescope or binoculars Someting like a Star or Flame moving around there sky ( moving times when there Night is Coming Moving out Erly Morning And I'm 100%Sure isn't a Satelite,Flare or Plane if I got Expensive Camera I will Proof to you all. ( look for Daniel Elo on YouTube,Facebook or anyone wanna see this bring your telescope or camera and we can make some pictures I'm from ( East London )thanku

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I used to think I saw UFO's ( apart from 1 sighting which was very and another which my be some sort of high up military drone ?) but I used to see these stars moving and then they just faded out after 15 seconds etc and knew they wouldn't planes as no flashing lights and then read up they were satellites as some would go in the same direction ever after a minute or so ???.
Then one night I saw one explode and a shooting star came out of it.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I used to think I saw UFO's ( apart from 1 sighting which was very and another which my be some sort of high up military drone ?) but I used to see these stars moving and then they just faded out after 15 seconds etc and knew they wouldn't planes as no flashing lights and then read up they were satellites as some would go in the same direction ever after a minute or so ???.
Then one night I saw one explode and a shooting star came out of it.

Anyone care to let me know more about what I saw.
edit on 29-12-2016 by 808Funk because: Added bit.

<< 1   >>

join