It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing snowflake images that you have never seen before.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Amazing stuff that, thanks for posting.

Reminds me of cymatics for some reason

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
wonderful... love this kinda stuff..
you never know what nature is gonna throw at you.

and has anyone noticed how familiar looking that last 'chisseled' one is?

What does it remind you of??

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

It does have similarities to Cymatics, the fact that crystals follow the patterns of the molecule in snowflakes is mirrored in other facets of nature.

Metallic grains experiments showed manipulation of the grains by shaking can result in a

tunable laser.

He believes the tunability is a result of the poorly understood properties of granular materials, in which grains are individually solid but can also flow as a group like a liquid or a gas. This split personality may be why patterns form in sand dunes, even though each sand grain moves randomly. Similarly, the beads in the laser moved randomly when they were shaken, yet exhibited patterns in their distance from each other that changed with shaking frequency. "Randomness has a richness, in this sense," says Conti.

I think the patterns in crystals and grains acting intelligently, as a group, whilst being individual is very interesting and possibly holds many clues to the nature of the universe.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Sublimecraft, it's interesting that you brought up crop circles. Before I got to the end of your post where you mentioned it, I was thinking the same thing. Some of the precise angles and shapes in those flakes reminded me of the circles. Maybe intelligent (non manmade) design is responsible for both.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I have seen these before.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Looks absolutely majestic.
It gives me a spiritual feeling when I look at such beautiful patterns and formations in nature.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Does this not show the Great Designer? That He would design even snowflakes in His world? Proves to me of God's existence! Praise God!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

OK - the suspense is killing me. It does look kind of familiar but I cannot put my finger on it!

-storm trooper moulding
-some sort of sculpture
- your Avatar

- the number 6

I don't know - I give up - what does it remind you of?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

The complexity and intricacy of the structures is remarkable. nature never ceases to amaze. Thanks for the post.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It looks like the A from ATS in the logo at the top of the screen...I seen it when it was first posted, it has good similarity.

Maybe you were pretending you didn't realise though huh?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
8) amazing !!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

The coolest thing about crop circles I have heard is that they actually coincide well with the rise and fall of the aquifers underneath.

connecting this thread and that bit of knowledge raises and eyebrow with the possible connections.

b

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

lol - here I am over-analysing the hell out of it as if its an IQ question or something - all the while staring me in the face - where is that rock? - I'd better go crawl back under it and hide my embarrassment.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious - "can't see the forest through the trees" seems apt for me here.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I think the OP is trying to show us that the structures on the moon are nothing more then formations created by nature. The famous pictures of craters on the moon depict anguler formations very much like the ones in the snowflakes. And one snowflake looks like a face and we have all seen those on the moon and Mars. This is a great post, maybe everyone should lighten up a little bit and see that it is possible to have strange formations created by nature. At the same time I wonder why so many pictures of the lunar surface have been smeared and why we havent "been back." 2 cents added, have a great day

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

edit on 30/8/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I love this thread!! I am an art geek... Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful pieces of art. Snowflakes have always amazed me. I bought my first piece of artwork for myself, a few years ago. Thank you for posting these.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join