It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man trying to create Bigfoot sighting killed in Montana: (People amaze me...)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

KALISPELL, Mont. – A man dressed in a military-style "ghillie" suit and apparently trying to provoke reports of a Bigfoot sighting in northwest Montana was struck by two cars and killed, authorities said. The man was standing in the right-hand lane of U.S. Highway 93 south of Kalispell on Sunday night when he was hit by the first car, according to the Montana Highway Patrol. A second car hit the man as he lay in the roadway, authorities said.

"He was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting," Schneider told the Daily Inter Lake on Monday. "You can't make it up. I haven't seen or heard of anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him."

Text

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Momma always said ..... What the hell. Get a life... no pun intended.. well maybe. First, being stupid on a public highway can get one killed.

Standing along a highway pretending to be Bigfoot... you just increased the danger factor by 75%. And then add alcohol, add another 25%.

Well, sorry to see this happen but.... I guess people will do anything to get attention. Rest in peace.

edit on 8/28/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I can see it now...

First car. Hey man look, Bigfoot...I'm gonna that that sucker...I'll be famous.

Second car. Damn, we just ran over Bigfoot....wonder if he'll fit in the trunk...I'll be famous

Des

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Awww. Poor fella. This is so sad, I'm going to refrain from any snide remarks.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
LOL!

Serves him right for being a hoaxer. People like this deserve anything they get for creating hoaxes which discredit the legitimate incidents.

Even karma has a sense of humour.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Unless the man told somebody what his plan was, and then that person has told the police, how do we know that he was trying to induce a bigfoot sighting?

Surely a bigfoot or some kind of primate costume would have been a better idea than a ghillie suit?

If he didn't tell anybody what he was up to, then the reason for him being there has gone with him to the grave.

Just saying....

Gnobody

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by anon72

Awww. Poor fella. This is so sad, I'm going to refrain from any snide remarks.

I live in an area where the Finding Bigfoot TV show came to film for several days. After they left, the woods behind my home on this mountain were full of drunk yahoos hunting for Bigfoot, with guns. Even I knew better than to go outside in my big dark winter jacket with a fur lined hood.

I feel sorry for the guy, and especially his Family...but come on...that was not a very bright thing to do.

Des

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
"Flathead County officials identified the man as Randy Lee Tenley, 44, of Kalispell. Trooper Jim Schneider said motives were ascertained during interviews with friends"

Ah, well, thats how they knew....

CX

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Darwin award anyone?

CX.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
/super conspiracy hat

...what if he was a lost foreign sniper travelling along the major access point to his intended target.

RIP fake Sasquatch. But really let this be a couple lessons to everyone.
Don't walk along the highway in dark attire.
Don't attempt to hoax people.
Don't walk along the highway in dark attire to attempt to hoax people.

I know I learned from this.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gnobody
Unless the man told somebody what his plan was, and then that person has told the police, how do we know that he was trying to induce a bigfoot sighting?

Surely a bigfoot or some kind of primate costume would have been a better idea than a ghillie suit?

If he didn't tell anybody what he was up to, then the reason for him being there has gone with him to the grave.

Just saying....

Gnobody

I was thinking the same thing. My husband has joked for years about dressing up as Bigfoot as a prank but I told him he would get shot! This is Montana and people are not lacking guns.
I am also a Bigfoot beleiver. We have had some unexplainable events happen on a few hunting and camping trips around these parts. Let me tell you if my husband is spooked out...woory!
But this was a horrible event for all involved. No joke!

edit on 8/28/2012 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well if nothing else it proves that the Sasquatch is far more intelligent than the humans that seek him.

Not only does the human dress up to be an idiot and fake sightings, but he gets hit by not one, but two cars. Bigfoot 1 - Human 0.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by restlessinMT

Just saying....

Gnobody

I was thinking the same thing. My husband has joked for years about dressing up as Bigfoot as a prank but I told him he would get shot! This is Montana and people are not lacking guns.

I am also a Bigfoot beleiver. But this was a horrible event for all involved.

Tell your Hubby not to do it. Here is a thread I posted last year on how some people get Bigfoot fever...

Idiots hunting Big Foot shooting in woods behind my house.,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Montana...yep, they'd pull guns for sure....

Des

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
To the guy in the suit.

Way to go champ!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

"Flathead County officials identified the man as Randy Lee Tenley, 44, of Kalispell. Trooper Jim Schneider said motives were ascertained during interviews with friends"

Ah, well, thats how they knew....

You've got to wonder about friends who would think this was a good idea. Why didn't they at least try to talk him out of it....

Des

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Most of my family lives in Montana.. I had to look it up and see if it may have been one of my drunkard relatives. Im NOT joking.

made me think of this! FAST FORWARD TO 7:57.... hehe! The only TV series show thing I ever really enjoyed.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

STAR for the best reply! Loling: Bigfoot 1 Human 0

I hadn't thought of it like that but you're right.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I get that it may have been hard for cars to see him.

Was it hard for his to see or hear cars?

If he was jumping in front of cars to freak people out he chose a poor course for his life.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Because we all know teenage girls secretly abhor the Sasquatch.
edit on 28/8/12 by IntoxicatingMadness because: The Grammar, it burned!

edit on 28/8/12 by IntoxicatingMadness because: Grammar wars: The edit strikes back.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Police believe alcohol may have been a contributing factor?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
According the the story, the first hit was from a 15 year old girl and then a 17 yr old girl ran over him while he was down.
I guess in Montana its legal for a 15 yr old to drive, alone and at 1030 at night?
I blame her.

“He was in the right-hand lane of travel and the vehicle was unable to avoid him and struck him,” Schneider said of the first vehicle driven by a 15-year-old girl from Somers. A second vehicle driven by a 17-year-old Somers girl also struck Tenley as he laid on the highway

Link
edit on 28-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join