It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source says government ammo purchase story a disinformation campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

New information has been received indicating that the widely circulated story concerning a massive ammunition purchase by various civilian agencies of the federal government is part of a disinformation campaign designed to "smoke out" citizens who fear that the government is gearing up for a confrontation with the public.

Source

This isn't a foreign concept, but maybe someone knows how to check with manufacturers on orders like this.

Mods:A search of this came up empty, please delete if duplicate.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Oh crap. You mean that 2 million rounds I just bought was unnecessary? Where's my receipt..

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I'd hang on to it if I were you.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If this is true, I am wondering what the chess logic is. Elite government types typically have some plan that goes at least 5 moves ahead.

Any ideas?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
In other words its already been shipped to the Syrian Rebels. Now they can deny they ever bought it. There no pallets of ammunition around here. Next a video will show up like Bush did. Nope not under the rug. Nope not in here.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I doubt the story is fake. I suspect the story saying it is fake is fake. .gov has all the ammo they could ever need. Wouldn't you, if you were in charge?

I don't buy ammo to fight the .gov, I buy ammo to keep the looters out of my house when shtf, and to shoot paper at the range with. Keep 1000 rounds on hand, and you should have no worries.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I AGREE!!!!
In my humble opinion I think this is a move to flush out the shaky folk who have no organized structure.
The "man" is basically seeing if we will flinch.
I think personally that if I were to have done this, I would have bought up multiple billions of 7.62x39.
For two reasons, these are the ammo used by the "enemy" and it is a rifle round.
To the idiot that cares to use a pistol on a moderately trained rifleman...... well I got some bad news for you.

I'm not really worried about the fat tsa guy from the airport storming my home.
However, this type of a psy-op is treason if found to be true.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
the examiner? ... I could write a story and claim an informant and publish on the Examiner..

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yes. It's quite likely that the story is fabricated, but it could just as easily be a truth. I only brought it up to for two reasons. First to see if anyone could come up with something to back up the claim. Ideally, someone who knows how to obtain information from ammunition manufacturers about government orders, or such a major order. Second, to walk through the thinking behind such a plan by the government. What would their ultimate goal be? It wouldn't be as simple as just trying to flush out the 'patriots.'

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Likely, utter and complete nonsense...

I know people who don't have a conspiracy bone in their bodies that came to me and asked my opinion out of concern on the matter.

If this was a campaign to flush out the crazies, then they netted a whole lot of normals....

On second thought, that does sound about the right level of competency and outcome in the execution of a government program.

edit on 2-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

top topics

join