It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Or Obama? Who Benefits More If Ron Paul Decides To Run?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Ron Pauls support is confined to small group. If he were to run third party it would have little effect on the general election.

Yup, Paul is just too insignificant to matter. A fart in a wind storm. Brilliant analysis.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
uhm put this way

if ron paul is written in
obama/romney wont lose votes

the vote counters would flip a coin heads or tales and decide who to give pauls vote to

left or right...

their campaigns are payed for generally by the same people
so they bi###es to the same people who wanna screw you guys over anyways

america the soon to be 3rd world country
no matter how u guys wash it

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Neither.
I am an ex democrat. I voted Obama last term (though he wasn't my first choice, I liked Kucinich). I did it to avoid Palin. There are probably as many disenfranchised dems as their are freshly awakened Republicans.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Not really. Ron Pual supporters are a large number. The reason it never showed in the polls is because they are all young voters, and aren't in the habit of voting in the primaries. Primaries are predominantly voted on by the extremely elderly. I should know. I work the polls every year. I know who was there. And the elder end isn't on the web, isn't getting news outside of a newspaper or the main news sources. Heck, some of the elder Republicans don't even watch FOX, lol.

The reason RP got the Caucus response is because these people went to the Caucuses, when they wouldn't go to the Primaries. Seriously.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Ron Pauls support is confined to small group.
reply to post by MrSpad

That's just wrong. Plain and simple. He has massive support. More than any other candidate. The thing is the media supported GOP cadidate will always have the upperhand in votes because the inactive, unsupportive, uninformed, and uncaring party voters will just come in cast their vote for whomever they are told will beat the dems and then they will forget about it for four years. You are a smart person you know better. Anyone with eyes can look at the packed buildings, and packed stadiums at every single Ron Paul event and KNOW he has huge support. It's honestly undeniable.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Ron Paul won't run third party. It's too late. There is A LOT to do ... exploratory committees and signatures and getting on ballots. if he hasn't got all that in place by now and if he isn't running ads ... he isn't running.

Thanks FF.
Yeah, I kinda figured that it was too late, but wasn't sure.

Mainly wanted to see how his followers felt about him running and how that would affect the election results.
Seems to be mixed, yes they would vote for Obama, no they would not vote for Obama...

I guess the next question to ask, given this scenario, is whom would he pick as his running mate?

Is Stockdale still alive?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR

Or course Obama. Ron Paul has stayed in every single GOP primary to the end, to make sure the "true conservative" doesn't win. RP, also with foreign donations was able to end his campaigns with surpluses, while the others ended theirs with deficits. Ron Paul reminds me of Ross Perot '92. Like Obama said early on in the campaign season, 2012 elections will be much like 1992.

Calling Mitt Romney a conservative like calling a chimpanzee an acorn. Romney is neither a conservative, moderate, liberal, neocon, progressive or anything. His whatever he thinks he needs to be. All he wants is "president" on his resume. The man has absolutely no core beliefs except making money and that includes his Mormonism, which he claims devotion but cavalierly and happily tosses even that overboard if it gets in the way of his investments.

Call Ron Paul whatever you like, but the man MUST be respected for living as he talks...for decades. He is one a very, very, very few authentic people in the Congress.

His greatest problem and failure though is his dogged belief in the two party system.

As for if he ran, the point is moot. It is too late.
edit on 28-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

I'm a Ron Paul supporter and neither I, nor any other Dr Paul fan that I know, would EVER cast a vote for Obama...

I'm sorry, nothing against you, but I find this a bit difficult to believe

Folks, is this true?

Very untrue. He may be saying that because most of the people he knows are republicans. Several people I know (myself included) are Obama supporters who would have voted for Ron Paul had he gained the nomination.

He is much more liberal than Obama where it counts and much more conservative than Romney where it counts. No matter which side of the fence you sit on, he will represent you better than your guy will.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I'm a Ron Paul supporter and neither I, nor any other Dr Paul fan that I know, would EVER cast a vote for Obama...

Folks, is this true?

100% true.

It's not like a football game where you cheer for the quarterback because he is on "your team." People who support Ron Paul do so because of his stance on the economy, the Federal Reserve Bank, the Constitution, war, etc. Both Obama and Romney are diametrically opposed to Ron Paul's views on those critically important issues. Romney is a textbook sociopath. Obama is a proven liar and a documented murderer. Either will continue the destruction of the economy, the loss of liberty, and endless wars.

For a true Ron Paul supporter, choosing to vote for Obama or Romney is like choosing to have your neighborhood infested by the Crips or the Bloods. Either choice is not in your best interests.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Sometimes it's easier to walk away from a question when any answer is neither right nor wrong. This is one of those times.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Folks, is this true?

Very untrue. He may be saying that because most of the people he knows are republicans. Several people I know (myself included) are Obama supporters who would have voted for Ron Paul had he gained the nomination.

He is much more liberal than Obama where it counts and much more conservative than Romney where it counts. No matter which side of the fence you sit on, he will represent you better than your guy will.

Actually, most of the people I know, are AMERICANS! And most of them have a brain in their head, and use their ability to reason, and see what this country has become, REGARDLESS of which party controls Washington DC. We are concerned about, and support our Country, not our former political parties.
These are the basic beliefs of a true Ron Paul supporter. And if we seem fanatical about these beliefs, then shame on you, for being so blind to the charade, that we appear so different.

He did not ask, how many Obama supporters, would vote for Paul, if he were on the ballot, but maintain support for the current POTUS, were Paul not on the ballot. I'm quite sure that there are Obama fans that have been alienated by his deceit. As there are those who feel he can do no wrong. The OP was not addressing the latter. And the prior, most likely, would not re-align with their previous pick.

I'm not completely against Obama and all of his policies! It's the ones that we do differ on, that precludes me from ever supporting him.

For America!!! And Americans!!!

NOT special interests...regardless of which side of the aisle their lobbyists and puppets frequent.

edit on 8/28/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: clarification

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
reply to post by MrSpad

Not really. Ron Pual supporters are a large number. The reason it never showed in the polls is because they are all young voters, and aren't in the habit of voting in the primaries. Primaries are predominantly voted on by the extremely elderly. I should know. I work the polls every year. I know who was there. And the elder end isn't on the web, isn't getting news outside of a newspaper or the main news sources. Heck, some of the elder Republicans don't even watch FOX, lol.

The reason RP got the Caucus response is because these people went to the Caucuses, when they wouldn't go to the Primaries. Seriously.

So lets say he has a large group of hidden supporters that do not take polls or vote and are some how hidden from from everyone. If they do not vote then they might as well not exist. Pauls supporters are Pauls supporters. They vote Paul even if he is not running. So if Paul runs or does not run as a third party it is a non factor as the people who would vote for him if he ran are not voting for anyone else if he does not. In the end it would not help or hurt either party if he ran again. Last time he ran as a 3rd party he got .05% of the vote. I do not understand this demand that Paul has lots of popular support when clearly he does not. Do Pauls supporter need some kind of vindication for their beliefs? So what if most people do not support him. If you do then more power to you. Is that not enough?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Folks, is this true?

I feel the same way. I would rather write him in and it not count than vote for either of those two clowns.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
reply to post by MrSpad

So lets say he has a large group of hidden supporters that do not take polls or vote and are some how hidden from from everyone. If they do not vote then they might as well not exist. Pauls supporters are Pauls supporters. They vote Paul even if he is not running. So if Paul runs or does not run as a third party it is a non factor as the people who would vote for him if he ran are not voting for anyone else if he does not. In the end it would not help or hurt either party if he ran again. Last time he ran as a 3rd party he got .05% of the vote. I do not understand this demand that Paul has lots of popular support when clearly he does not. Do Pauls supporter need some kind of vindication for their beliefs? So what if most people do not support him. If you do then more power to you. Is that not enough?

Well I guarantee he has more than.05 this time. You can't base anything off numbers for "the last time"
edit on 28-8-2012 by planefixer because: spelling

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Why even beg the question when the reality of the election is both men have the same end goals and both represent the further repression and snuffing out of liberty. Compound that with both parties efforts to manipulate votes and voters through intimidation, false information, tampering, a dishonest media with an agenda and ultimately the electoral college usurping all voting rights of the populace.

I won't even vote, the first time I voted in my life I wrote in Ron Paul and hoped that enough debate would be stirred to move enough people to see how dysfunctional, dishonest and corrupt the system is and start a sea change in it. I feel honestly that people would rather be part of the bread and circus of our nation in flames then make things right before we spiral into despotism and a third world of citizens rights to be shortly followed by a third world of humanitarian conditions.

Looks like people will only wake up when they finally begin to suffer heavy blows from their decisions.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
He is not running, just gave an interview, says he wont support Obama but is undecided about Romney.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

So lets say he has a large group of hidden supporters that do not take polls or vote and are some how hidden from from everyone. If they do not vote then they might as well not exist.
Agreed.

Pauls supporters are Pauls supporters. They vote Paul even if he is not running. So if Paul runs or does not run as a third party it is a non factor as the people who would vote for him if he ran are not voting for anyone else if he does not.
Not quite. Some of them that voted for his supporters in the Caucuses are going to vote the lesser of 2 evils in Mitt Romney. Or Obama, depending on which end of the spectrum they are. I am one that's tired of voting the lesser of two evils. Some RP folks haven't reached that point.

Do Pauls supporter need some kind of vindication for their beliefs? So what if most people do not support him. If you do then more power to you. Is that not enough?
It's never enough to lose, but who others support is honestly their business, in the end. I can only object so long before they have to walk in and vote the polls. I'm sure, some RP supporter needs some vindication, but to me, that's just plain asinine.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'd like to see RP give full support to Gary Johnson. They share very similar views.

Those of you not happy with the decision and the choices you have...I seriously suggest looking at the Libertarian and Constitutionalists parties. In truth, it may be no more than a "protest vote" but...if you don't vote what you really think and believe...you are betraying yourself.

I AM a Libertarian. I would have voted for Ron because he has many Libertarian principles. I gave up on the Repubs years ago and I have never seen eye to eye with democratic philosophy. Some things I can agree with...others...not so much.

Take a minute and watch this if you haven't already...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join