It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Or Obama? Who Benefits More If Ron Paul Decides To Run?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I'm pretty sure it's too late for Ron Paul to run independently.

There are deadlines to get on ballots...and for most states that deadline has already passed. Ron Paul would have to run under a party at this point...and the Libertarian party already has their candidate.

There still is the Americans Elect "party"...but I'm not sure if that fizzled or not...I think they got on all 50 states ballots...but they never confirmed an official candidate.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by RELDDIR

Sorry RON PAUL, you CANNOT get SUPPORT from your OWN PARTY when you are always attacking the "true conservative." RON PAUL DID NOT ATTACK MITT ROMNEY, as much as he did others in the GOP primary.

The problem is that the Republican party has been taken over and no longer stands for what it did when Lincoln was a Republican. The HBO series "The Newsroom" did a great show yesterday about how the Republican party is a mere shadow of itself, taken over by religious fundamentalists and obstructionist politics. Highly recommended.

Its a show f0r entertainment. Maggy and Phil the main characters are constantly drunk
and high 0n pills and pot having sex in offices and this is where to get political information

they showed where ron paul is a racist with his news letters he printed with racist dial0uge

link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by RELDDIR

Sorry RON PAUL, you CANNOT get SUPPORT from your OWN PARTY when you are always attacking the "true conservative." RON PAUL DID NOT ATTACK MITT ROMNEY, as much as he did others in the GOP primary.

The problem is that the Republican party has been taken over and no longer stands for what it did when Lincoln was a Republican. The HBO series "The Newsroom" did a great show yesterday about how the Republican party is a mere shadow of itself, taken over by religious fundamentalists and obstructionist politics. Highly recommended.

Its a show f0r entertainment. Maggy and Phil the main characters are constantly drunk
and high 0n pills and pot having sex in offices and this is where to get political information

they showed where ron paul is a racist with his news letters he printed with racist dial0uge

link   

In no small part from Lou Dobbs, the independent voters outnumber the combined total of repubs and dem's by 8 to 1. America would benefit most by Ron Paul running independent.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
So if he could/did run, he would canibalize the Republican votes. I think most Libertarians/Tea Party voters that are a huge part of his supporters would tend to be Republicans and not Democrats. Although there would be a small number of independant and democratic voters that would switch to him.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Polls have supported both potential outcomes.. so I guess it'd be up in the air. But people who say "a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama" are wrong.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

and high 0n pills and pot having sex in offices

First of...there is not "Phil" in The Newsroom...so he can't really be a main character. Second...Maggie has never been high on pills or pot in the show nor has she had sex in the offices.

I think you haven't seen the show...maybe you heard a synopsis of it from Rush Limbaugh???

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I thought RP said he wouldn't run as an Independent?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

Its a show f0r entertainment. Maggy and Phil the main characters are constantly drunk and high 0n pills and pot having sex in offices and this is where to get political information they showed where ron paul is a racist with his news letters he printed with racist dial0uge

What show are you watching? The main character's are Mackenzie and Will (well played by Jeff Daniels). Maggie was a secondary character. Will was high once, otherwise there wasn't a lot of drug use (includes alcohol), certainly not constantly. And yes, it is a show for entertainment and yes, they hammered Ron for the newsletters. Regardless, it made a very good point last night about the Republicans. A point which I have held for a long time prior to the show coming out. If you can't see that the Republican party has been taken over by religious zealots and political obstructionists, you need new glasses.

Also, the show used real quotes from real Republican politicians.

edit on 27-8-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

I use to think that.

Problem is, I don't see any Romney supporters. None. There might be a few on this website but they sure aren't vocal about it. In real life I have yet to see a Romney bumper sticker. Only reason I know what to look for is because I google imaged it.

There are Obama supporters tho. A big one already commented on this thread.

The media is trying to sell the illusion of Romney being a contender because Obama is already slated to win.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You Heard It Here First!!!

I say that something MAJOR is going to turn the 2012 Presidential election on it's head, before November gets here!
And it may just happen, or at least begin, this week.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Well, there's nothing in Obama that I can get behind. He's crazy. That being stated, I'm a RP supporter, and for the first time, I'm not going to even try voting the less of two evils. You still get evil when you do that, and I'm done.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
You Heard It Here First!!!

I say that something MAJOR is going to turn the 2012 Presidential election on it's head, before November gets here!
And it may just happen, or at least begin, this week.

What I just heard a few minutes ago certainly has me feeling a little hope. Just a little, but for Mark Levine to rip the Republican party, Romney and his lawyers for changing the rules at the RNC to not allow"Ron Paul" people, "Whoever" almost made me drop my spatula. He's the Republican's Republican type of guy so the dissent, especially from someone very anti-Paul, is surprising.

I'm pretty sure it's the first time I've ever agreed with Levine, as he usually spouts lies and hatred.

Will it have any effect? Probably not, but one never knows. Getting called out by one of their own is quite sad, even if it's months too late IMHO as this has been going on for more than just this election cycle.

I think I would rather swim with dangerous snakes than be in a room with politicians or their banker overlords. I would feel safer with the snakes.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

You really don't believe that do you? There's something about Ron Paul that sets my trouble radar off the same way it went off with obama.
This is just my opinion/ theory here. If it looks like Mr. Romney is going to over take obama, then I "think" you'll seem RP announce that he's going to run independent, take votes away from Romney and obama gets the win.
I mean, really, why is RP still out there if he isn't gonna pull an independent run at sometime.
The only thing I'm trying to figure out is the why?
Again, it's just something about RP that just doesn't feel right about him. I'm not thrilled with Romney, but I'd rather him then the disaster in office now.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Ron Paul won't run third party. It's too late. There is A LOT to do ... exploratory committees and signatures and getting on ballots. if he hasn't got all that in place by now and if he isn't running ads ... he isn't running.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Yes, I couldn't agree with you more. I've observed Ron Paul over the years, and I think I know him better than his supporters. I won't be surprised to see Ron Paul announce his bid for Presidency as soon as Romney poses a threat to Obama. If this happens, Ross Perot should be his VP.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There's always American-Elect.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Paul had been saying he had no intention, no plans for making an independent run. While he has been a candidate for the Republican spot, a hopeful for receiving the Republican nomination, that is the stance he had to take. Otherwise, to phrase the question differently, it would be like asking him if was giving up as a Republican candidate. There is no way to answer that question in the affirmative or indicate there was the slightest consideration of doing so without pre-conceding a defeat. His answer to that question has always been carefully stated and leaving the option open for him to consider an independent run at a later time, after all other courses of action had been exhausted, naturally.

He has tremendous momentum for an independent run at this time. Doing so could possibly blow the doors wide open to quash the old two-party paradigm and modernize American democracy. I expect some Old-Party types already have "mechanics" on retainer sensing the changes this could bring about if he makes a full run. Fair winds Dr. Paul.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Ron Paul won't run third party. It's too late. There is A LOT to do ... exploratory committees and signatures and getting on ballots. if he hasn't got all that in place by now and if he isn't running ads ... he isn't running.

Would that be to say that it is also too late for Romney? Seeing that he has not received his party's official nomination yet the timing of the conventions would be cutting it awful close then. Not all election years have a pre-nominee so well-determined in advance.

I don't know the cut-off date for getting on the November ballot but would have to assume it is still open. Is there no chanc at all for an upset at either big party to experience a convention upset? The vice-presidential pick still has to be submitted with the presidential candidate. Is Biden still a sure thing for the Dem VP? Paul's network of support could efficiently handle whatever details may still be lacking, it would seem.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Ron Pauls support is confined to small group. If he were to run third party it would have little effect on the general election. Besides this entire exercise has been to set up Rand in a better position. Ron cuts some deals to move Rand up but, to his base he still has integrity for not selling out. Its like they way he has always voted. He has a history of adding earmarks and pork barrel items to bills he knew would pass and then would vote against them to be able to claim he never supported pork barrel spending. He is a master at doing the same thing other politicians do while at the same time creating the illusion to his supporters that he is not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join