It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Or Obama? Who Benefits More If Ron Paul Decides To Run?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is something I can't quite seem to put my finger on.

Sure Ron Paul is a Republican, so if he were to run as an Independent, one would almost assume that all registered Republicans would then have have to choose between Paul or Romney.
Right?

This would in turn split the vote on the right, resulting in Obama being declared the winner.

But something tells me this would have an opposite effect.
With Ron Paul out the race, I would assume most of his supporters would be inclined to vote for Obama?
That would then be a complete disaster for Obama, losing his much needed votes if Ron Paul decided to run.

So which is it?
Who would benefit more, and who would have more to lose, if Ron Paul decided to run as an Independent?

..and why?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I'm a Ron Paul supporter and neither I, nor any other Dr Paul fan that I know, would EVER cast a vote for Obama...
I would rather write-in RP than do so...
As for Mittens to get my vote, it would essentially take a major change in some of his policies, some form of proof that he would fulfill them, and a RP endorsement, but I seriously doubt any of that will happen!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If Ron Paul were to receive the Republican nomination he would steal anti-war democrats from Obama. If he runs as an Independent he will take his base away from the Republicans, get the anti-war democrats and many Independents. If he doesn't run at all, his supporters will either write him in or vote Gary Johnson. The anti-war democrats will then go back to Obama where they are comfortable. That leaves Mitt in a rough spot, of course the Republicans can always admit their mistakes in how they have treated Ron Paul and his supporters and give him the nomination, and if that were to happen Ron would crush Obama. But for a Ron Paul supporter Mitt and Obama are equally bad in their own ways, so they really don't care which loser destroys this nation.
edit on 27-8-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Or course Obama. Ron Paul has stayed in every single GOP primary to the end, to make sure the "true conservative" doesn't win. RP, also with foreign donations was able to end his campaigns with surpluses, while the others ended theirs with deficits. Ron Paul reminds me of Ross Perot '92. Like Obama said early on in the campaign season, 2012 elections will be much like 1992.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR

Or course Obama. Ron Paul has stayed in every single GOP primary to the end, to make sure the "true conservative" doesn't win. RP, also with foreign donations was able to end his campaigns with surpluses, while the others ended theirs with deficits. Ron Paul reminds me of Ross Perot '92. Like Obama said early on in the campaign season, 2012 elections will be much like 1992.

Mitt Romney is not a conservative.

Ron Paul is a conservative.

Some people are to blind to see this.

Mitt Romney received foreign donations from Israel, what foreign nation did Ron Paul receive donations from?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt

I'm a Ron Paul supporter and neither I, nor any other Dr Paul fan that I know, would EVER cast a vote for Obama...

I'm sorry, nothing against you, but I find this a bit difficult to believe

Folks, is this true?

link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

Did you vote in any of the GOP primaries? It's a complicated process, unlike the Democrats. Ron Paul made sure the Democrats had the upper hand in every election by making sure the strongest candidate doesn't win. I saw a lot of Ron Paul debates. I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT MY FINGER ON HIM.

link   
They made a deal with Paul, if Romney wins, bet that bottom dollar he is
getting a spot in the cabinet. Chairman of the fed. Paul running as an independent
will not happen, Paul has stated this over and over.

Ron Paul On Run As Independent: “Everybody Knows I Have No Intention Of Doing That

Paul says no at running 3rd party. Is he a liar

Calling dr. paul a liar>?

Why would Paul even want Obama to have a chance at re-election,
he knows what is at stake.

Every american loving person is now
ABO

ANYONE BUT OBAMA

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Did you vote in any of the GOP primaries? It's a complicated process, unlike the Democrats. Ron Paul made sure the Democrats had the upper hand in every election by making sure the strongest candidate doesn't win. I saw a lot of Ron Paul debates. I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT MY FINGER ON HIM.

He stayed in because he is the better candidate. It's unfortunate that people allow the media to decide what a stronger candidate is.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Folks, is this true?

There are anti-war democrats that would vote for Ron Paul, if they can't vote for him they will go back to where they are comfortable, voting Democrat. But most of his base is Republican and Independent.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Sorry RON PAUL, you CANNOT get SUPPORT from your OWN PARTY when you are always attacking the "true conservative." RON PAUL DID NOT ATTACK MITT ROMNEY, as much as he did others in the GOP primary.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Romney can't win period! Even if RP wasn't at all he'd still lose.... He's a nobody, no plans, no passion, nothing that would make anyone vote for him... The only vote Romney has going for him is the NObama vote and that's not going to carry him through the election... I don't like Romney/Obama but you can't blame RP for Romneys obvious shortcomings, the guy is a dud..........

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Sorry RON PAUL, you CANNOT get SUPPORT from your OWN PARTY when you are always attacking the "true conservative." RON PAUL DID NOT ATTACK MITT ROMNEY, as much as he did others in the GOP primary.

So you pass on Ron Paul who is a conservative and go with a guy that isn't a conservative, because Ron Paul didn't attack Mitt Romney for not being a conservative? Is that what you just said? I don't understand your logic.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Obama would win.

The real people in control of the decisions would never allow Ron Paul to win. They control everything.

Be honest with yourselves. If you set your own paycheck, would you pay yourself more? If you set your hours, would you work less? If nobody was watching you, would you just browse the internet all day?

Of course you would!

It's human nature to do these things. The greed and power goes unchecked these days. Why do you think tax returns are hidden? You've heard the statement "Money can buy you anything". In the political world it literally can buy you anything. All you need to do is pay for your face to be in front of as many people as possible, say what they want to hear so they vote for you. After you get elected, it doesn't matter anymore.

Just for fair measure, I'm a Ron Paul supporter. I'm writing him in.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Easy, Ron Paul always relentlessly attacked my favorite GOP candidate in every possible primary election cycle. He violated Reagan's 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican. I am not amused by Romney, but he will get my vote. en.wikipedia.org...(Ronald_Reagan)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Folks, is this true?

I think it is very true that many Democrats and/or Obama supporters would vote for Ron Paul if he were on the ballot, particularly GOP nominee. No "true" Ron Paul supporter or one true to the cause of personal liberty and self-ownership would be likely to vote for Obama - unless Romney starts speaking up about his intent to augment the Drug War or promote other anti-liberty measures and otherwise scares the liberty movement with Republican brand authoritarianism.

No one in the liberty movement would support neither Obama nor Romney, though Paul would likely attract some of their voters from either side.

edit on 27-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
BTW, Ron Paul's biggest donor: www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

The problem is that the Republican party has been taken over and no longer stands for what it did when Lincoln was a Republican. The HBO series "The Newsroom" did a great show yesterday about how the Republican party is a mere shadow of itself, taken over by religious fundamentalists and obstructionist politics. Highly recommended.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Easy, Ron Paul always relentlessly attacked my favorite GOP candidate in every possible primary election cycle. He violated Reagan's 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican. I am not amused by Romney, but he will get my vote. en.wikipedia.org...(Ronald_Reagan)

Everybody has the right to vote in whatever way they think is the best. If you would rather look past a person's polices and vote for a different reason, have at it. You aren't getting a conservative that's for sure, but you have the right to pass on the true conservative, Ron, for the fake one, Mitt.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Thank you, the best man will win in November! Amen to that!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join