It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Give a man a bank and he can rob the world" sign gets protester arrested for bank robbery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

over the years i have seen plenty of reports of disturbed and dangerous folks doing armed robberies in some pretty whacked out ways - this dude should have switched his brain on first.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

I don't think the bank employees had their brains fully switch on either....
the only person who would enter the bank announcing such intention so obviously, would be someone who either has no intention really of robbing the bank and just wants a warm bed for a night, or week, or month, or year, or someone who has a gun ready and aimed.
this guy is lucky some of the patrons knew enough not to take the sign literally and take it upon themselves to beat the crap out of him to prevent the feared robbery from taking place.....

I just find it hard to believe that someone would actually have taken the sign as a threat considering there were demonstrators outside, probably plenty holding signs also....

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
He could have been out of his mind on crack for all any one else knew, and some old dude in the queue could easily have pulled a gun and gone all civil defense on him, and the he would have been up for a Darwin award.

I do feel sorry for the poor berk in a way, but really, he should have thought about it a little rather than giving the bank manager the easy out of misinterpreting the sign and laughing like a drain as the police cart him away.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

This is another case of a non-criminal being turned into a criminal with the preemptive mindset that is infesting people.

There was no crime, there was no victim, there are no damages...

There are laws in place for everything already people...the bank could have simply asked the man to leave and once he did not they could claim trespassing...that is a real crime and has a victim upon which the justice department can make things right. Other than that, he didn't really rob the bank and any investigation will prove those were not his intentions.

You cannot charge people with crimes you think they are going to commit or crimes they might commit or crimes that you thought they were committing but in reality weren't....this is NOT how law enforcement an the justice department work...

The only crime I see that was committed was trespassing if the man didn't leave when asked, and possibly disorderly conduct since he was interrupting a business. on private property. If he was doing this on the corner of the street he wouldn't be breaking any laws...

Again, you cannot criminalize people for your own paranoia and fears. You cannot criminalize people for stuff that hasn't happened yet regardless of statistics (probability/possibility) and we all know that capability does not equal culpability. Once people start thinking they have a crystal ball that sees what the intentions of people are in the future and that is enough to incarcerate someone...we are ALL in a world of hurt.

If the guy even has a decent lawyer he will possibly get trespassing and disorderly but the notion he attempted to rob the bank will and should fall flat on its ass.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

would you bet a million dollars on that?

two.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join