It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awkward: Democrat National Convention Chairman Won't Use Bank of America Stadium's Name

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Awkward: Democrat National Convention Chairman Won't Use Bank of America Stadium's Name

Pssssst.........

Hey Democrats......

The Democrat National Convention is using a stadium named Bank of America Stadium !!

How many of you have been screwed around by That bank ?

It seems some are a wee bit shy when referring to the stadium's real name

I wonder Why

Very Ironic indeed !!

Next week, the Democrat National Convention will convene in Charlotte, to take place at the [redacted] [redacted] [redacted] Stadium, home of the Carolina Panthers. Or at least, that's what party leadership is calling it, as they're unwilling to use its given name: Bank of America Stadium. Instead, some are resorting to calling it "Panther Stadium," or just "the football stadium," as Los Angeles mayor and chair of the convention Antonio Villaraigosa called it......

It's hardly a matter of principle: BoA gave a quarter of a million dollars to Obama in the 2008 cycle. Simply a case of bad optics. After all, it's hard to villify a company that sponsors your convention venue!

(YouTube Caption)

On CNN: Democratic Convention Chair Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa refuses to call Bank of America stadium by its name (August 27, 2012).

"Chair Of Democrat Convention Won't Say "Bank Of America" "

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What a silly and petty little game to be playing but it does show how some politicians will do just about anything to change appearances and language, even if reality isn't changed in any way, whatsoever. The ownership and sponsorship isn't changing, as I've read about this for awhile now. They're just going to 'pretend' it isn't called that and BofA doesn't sponsor the location....for a few days. Sheesh...

I've never seen people more afraid of simply stating reality as it exists than the crew we have now..and both sides can just eat some Humble Pie and come down a few notches on the National level. All of 'em have heads bigger than the balloons at their respective conventions.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The MSM is at a crossroads here. The dilemma: how to support their Obama without making him look too "corporate" and at the same time advertise for BofA.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Ah yes !!

And the Democrats / Obama Campaign are experts at the old bait & switch routine.

I wonder if the DNC plans on "over spending" on credit .......

Will BofA give them a "break" on the loan interest ?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I dunno... I suppose some still need sweetheart deals. Although senior people like Franks, Dodd and that merry bunch got their deals before everything blew up. Obama sure got himself one hell of a sweetheart deal too, so he wouldn't be needing it now. Of course, that's no supposed to matter so we're not supposed to even mention such things, huh? We're hateful or something.... lol

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Am I the only one it bugs hearing all these corporate names in sports stadiums and bowls and things?

I liked it when, for example, the Sun Bowl didn't have Hyundai or another corporate sponsor's name so prominent in the title.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So what is the big deal here? I grew up in Charlotte and we never called it Bank of America Stadium we have called it Panther Stadium I never gave it any thought till today. Bank of America Stadium just doesn’t sound good to me. I was really happy when we got a Pro team come to think of it even the radio stations called it Panther stadium when promoting concerts but they would clarify they meant Bank of America Stadium as well at some point.

Just offering the perspective of a local, well I don’t live their anymore but I’m still a Panther fan and it’s where I grew up. It has been a few years so maybe everyone does call it Bank of America Stadium now but I highly doubt it.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

I guess all Stadiums have a corprate name to them now but the locals will still call it what they want.

new topics

top topics

join