It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World View: China Condemns Romney for 'Cold War Mentality'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

It looks like China prefers Obama rather than Romney.

I wonder why?

This story mentions Chinese military buildups and weapons of mass destruction possibly aimed at the U.S.

If true, why does Obama ignore?

China condemns Mitt Romney's 'Cold War mentality'

According to China's state-sponsored China Daily:

By any standard, the US Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's China policy, as outlined on his official campaign website, is an outdated manifestation of a Cold War mentality.

It endorses the "China threat" theory and focuses on containing China's rise in the Asia-Pacific through bolstering the robust US military presence in the region.

And by stating that the US "should be coordinating with Taiwan to determine its military needs and supplying them with adequate aircraft and other military platforms", the Republican challenger has also gone so far as to provoke China over its sovereignty of the island.

So here we have a nation, China, which for well over a decade has been preparing a massive military buildup for an attack on the United States, which has been developing long-range missiles specifically designed to attack American cities, which has developed an anti-carrier missile specifically designed to destroy American aircraft carriers, which has threatened all of its neighbors in the Asia-Pacific and central Asia with vast military threats designed to confiscate their land (Hitler's Lebensraum policy). But every time anyone points out this massive military buildup, or China's obvious intention to launch a nuclear missile attack on the United States, they're called a "war monger" with a Cold War mentality. Be prepared for peace in our time. China Daily

The article has some other stories related to China.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

I wonder why?

Probably because Romney has a stance on China that could be taken by the Chinese as being considered strongly anti-Chinese...

Originally posted by xuenchenThis story mentions Chinese military buildups and weapons of mass destruction possibly aimed at the U.S.

Presumably because military intelligence says that China is not about to attack the USA, or should he declare war on mainland China?

Your last paragraph is quoted as though it is part of the article, you might want to fix your tags so you don't give the impression that this is actually part of the article that you reference:

So here we have a nation, China, which for well over a decade has been preparing a massive military buildup for an attack on the United States, which has been developing long-range missiles specifically designed to attack American cities, which has developed an anti-carrier missile specifically designed to destroy American aircraft carriers, which has threatened all of its neighbors in the Asia-Pacific and central Asia with vast military threats designed to confiscate their land (Hitler's Lebensraum policy). But every time anyone points out this massive military buildup, or China's obvious intention to launch a nuclear missile attack on the United States, they're called a "war monger" with a Cold War mentality. Be prepared for peace in our time.

edit on 27-8-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

This story mentions Chinese military buildups and weapons of mass destruction possibly aimed at the U.S.

I can not find that in the actual article you linked to, would you mind quoting it?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

given that america seems to attack weaker nations how can anyone complain when a nation decides to boost up their defence network .

lets face it the usa never attacks a nation that can defends its self .

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by Elton

given that america seems to attack weaker nations how can anyone complain when a nation decides to boost up their defence network .

lets face it the usa never attacks a nation that can defends its self .

Actually my point is that the article says nothing about China massing weapons to use against America.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The answer is Simple, China knows the difference between the two.

What every one thinks China is Stupid?
To go from a Known to an Unknown,,,,,
edit on 27-8-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Why not? It costs China nothing to throw their two cents into the ring...even though they are pushing pretty hard on some cold war approaches themselves. Those Spratly Islands are heating up and we've been told pretty clearly...they don't give a damn who in the region asks our help, they expect us to stay out of it. Not a bad idea if you ask my opinion, but as others like to say....

Pot, Meet Kettle. Kettle, Meet China.

It's in China's best interest to have a weak United States and US leadership though. I don't blame them...it's just common sense and good handling of their own nation interests. We'd do it too if we hadn't gotten downright self defeating about things.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I read a similar article today from Asia Times Online: link

This article is anti-Romney to the point of being humorous:

Awkwardness seems to be a defining characteristic of the Mitt Romney campaign to be the next United States president and of his China policy, as well as of the candidate himself.

It is Romney's one good fortune that he is running against Obama, whom an aroused conservative rank and file perceives as unacceptably liberal (and black), an advocate of Big Government (and black), hostile to free enterprise (and black), uncomfortable acknowledging America's God-given exceptionalism (and black), and prudent almost to the point of being apologetic in wielding US power overseas (black black black black black).

Really interesting article, it'd be a good read for anyone.

Also worth mentioning is the results of recent global opinion polls on Obama from pewglobal.org

The polls show a major decline in Obama's favorablility in China and across the world (except Japan) since he took office. In 2009 62% of China was "confident" in Obama compared to 38% in 2012, according to poll.

Although opinion has dropped sharply, Obama's 2012 ratings are still higher than Bush in 2008.

edit on 27-8-2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

So here we have a nation, China, which for well over a decade has been preparing a massive military buildup for an attack on the United States, which has been developing long-range missiles specifically designed to attack American cities,

Could you please give links to the above quoted from OP? I cant find any mention of this in your article.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee

So here we have a nation, China, which for well over a decade has been preparing a massive military buildup for an attack on the United States, which has been developing long-range missiles specifically designed to attack American cities,

Could you please give links to the above quoted from OP? I cant find any mention of this in your article.

Originally posted by Elton

I can not find that in the actual article you linked to, would you mind quoting it?

Apparently the Breitbart article author has said that. Not the linked article from China (for obvious reasons !)

It seems secondary to the "Cold War" statements.

But:
(NYTimes -- Aug 24, 2012)

HONG KONG — China is moving ahead with the development of a new and more capable generation of intercontinental ballistic missiles and submarine-launched missiles, increasing its existing ability to deliver nuclear warheads to the United States and to overwhelm missile defense systems, military analysts said this week.

China Is Said to Be Bolstering Missile Capabilities
"existing ability" means they already have the capabilities

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Too bad...

I wonder why?

Doesn't really matter why.
I don't see any US politician coming out for anybody in China's Government...

Sounds pretty scary

Maybe because the US has already had a combined Nuclear force Between Russia and China of over 10,000 nukes aimed at the US since the Cold War?

edit on 28-8-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Maybe because the US has already had a combined Nuclear force Between Russia and China of over 10,000 nukes aimed at the US since the Cold War?

No way...........

America is the ONLY Country, that has these kind of weapons !! They are the only ones that will EVER use them too !

America is a warmongering Nation, hell bent on controlling the World, making EVERY country, a puppet of the United States !!

Oh hell, Ill stop right there.........

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Why not? It costs China nothing to throw their two cents into the ring...even though they are pushing pretty hard on some cold war approaches themselves. Those Spratly Islands are heating up and we've been told pretty clearly...they don't give a damn who in the region asks our help, they expect us to stay out of it. Not a bad idea if you ask my opinion, but as others like to say....

Pot, Meet Kettle. Kettle, Meet China.

It's in China's best interest to have a weak United States and US leadership though. I don't blame them...it's just common sense and good handling of their own nation interests. We'd do it too if we hadn't gotten downright self defeating about things.
Agree. That is the reality which unfortunately many posters do not see from a political angle

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Hmmmm I sure hope your being serious.....easier to flame that way......

Yes America is all of those things.....but you know what they're not? China.......which is a good thing.....if I was chinese from mainland china, I would tell people Im thai......
edit on 28-8-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
forget it....
I am sick and tired of arguing and pretending my opinion matters in a world of Narcissism

you all have fun in the funny farm of ATS........done with argumentative 28 post wonders

edit on 28-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

Moderator CANCEL MY ATS ACCOUNT I am done here
edit on 28-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join