It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this ring from? Masonic or other private group?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
magical implement used in evocation, from the legends such as the 1001 arabian nights

the marking is inside the circle which is the stone

it appears the marking is the result of metallurgy (as opposed to paper with colors)

its a mystery but maybe a name of an angel on some ancient scroll/talisman or an almalganation of renaissance high magic symbolism

for example the intersections and corners correspond with letters on a predawn wheel

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It's definitely not Masonic.

It is pretty though.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Looks like a magic sigil to me, but I am no expert. Although, if you run the terms "angel sigil" or "magic sigil" or "demon sigil" thru a search engine, you start coming up with images that look quite similar.

Also, at sacredtexts.com, they have several grimoires available for free online viewing that contain many sigils within them. The Lesser Key of Solomon has lots of sigils in it (just finished reading it) and perhaps also the Greater Key of Solomon (haven't started reading it yet).

OP, I have copied down the symbol, and I have a collection of grimoires at home that I will thumb thru tonite to look for any similar seals. I will post back here if I come up with anything.

Really neat ring, btw. SnF. Cool thread.

Edit: You might also try searching "goetia sigil"...and perhaps "enochian sigil" as another poster before me pointed out.
edit on 28-8-2012 by DustbowlDebutante because: added stuff

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Interesting ring. I'm not at all well versed at oriental languages, but it looks more like a character than a sigil to me.

Also, nothing yet supports the idea that it represents a "group". That would imply that there were multiples of that ring, and we've only been shown one encounter.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think it could be Chinese FU magic which is basically the same thing as a sigil

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Boil it in water. Fifteen minutes should do. Does the stone change color?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I doubt it's Asian.

It's definitely not Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Thai.

edit on 30/8/12 by ConspiracyNut23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
OP, I went thru my grimoires and can find nothing exactly like it. But, in comparing it to images of arch angel sigils on the interwebs, I'm starting to wonder if it isn't several sigils that have been laid over one another...or it could be a personal sigil that someone designed for themselves and then had made into the ring.

Regardless, it is very curious and has had me wondering and researching for days now

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
I doubt it's Asian.

It's definitely not Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Thai.
Thanks for the clarification. That was just a guess from an uneducated westerner.

Still nothing to show that it represents any "group" though. It could be purely ornemental.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I should specify that I'm referring to the characters on the ring.

At this point, who knows where the ring is from.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm on my phone, but from what I can tell it appears to be upside down, and early Phoenician. I'm just speculating because it looks almost identical to a ring my mother lost about 20 years.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join