It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger wears Anti-TSA Shirt and is kicked off Delta flight!!! Passengers Felt Uncomfortable!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
So I came across this blog of a delta passenger that was cleared through Multiple TSA screenings, then harassed at the gate and denied flight by the pilot over his shirt!

Picture of T-Shirt Logo here

My wife and I had arrived at the airport to fly home to Phoenix after attending my wife’s grandfather’s funeral, via a layover in Atlanta on Delta #1176. We had cleared the security checkpoint without incident, but while waiting at the gate, a Delta supervisor informed me my shirt had made numerous passengers and employees “very uncomfortable.”

I was then questioned by TSA about the significance and meaning of the shirt. I politely explained that it was “mocking the security theater charade and over-reactions to terrorism by the general public — both of which we're seeing right now, ironically.” The agents inquired as to the meaning of the term “ZOMG” and who it was that I thought was “gonna kill us all.” As best I could tell, they seemed to find my explanation that I didn’t think anyone would be killing us all and that I was poking fun at overwrought, irrational fears exhibited by certain members of the flying public to be satisfactory. And moreover, they clearly deemed my shirt to be no legitimate threat.

The Delta supervisor then told me I would be able to board the plane, but only after acquiescing to an additional security check of my and my wife's belongings and changing my shirt. He went to lengths to explain that my choice of attire was inappropriate and had caused serious consternation amongst multiple individuals, and that ultimately “It's not you, it's the shirt.” We would then be the very last two people to board the plane, no doubt drawing additional ire of my fellow passengers. Despite what I saw as my right to wear a shirt that expresses my feelings about our Kabuki Security Theater, and a fairly ridiculous over-response to the matter (I had, after all, worn the same shirt at least the last five times I’d flown without any incident whatsoever), I agreed to the stipulations set forth by the Delta supervisor.

Soon afterwards, once the boarding process had commenced, the Delta supervisor pulled me aside again — this time accompanied by not only three TSA agents, but also multiple Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority transit police. I was questioned some more and my wife was also pulled out of line for additional questioning and screening. Our bags were searched, my shirt was photographed, we were asked multiple questions about the cause of our visit, how often we make it to western NY, and our drivers’ license numbers were taken and radioed in for what seemed to be a quick background check. At this point, the TSA agents appeared satisfied we had nothing suspicious in our luggage and that we posed no threat.

However, the Delta supervisor informed us the pilot had decided, regardless of the outcome of the multiple TSA screenings and my willingness to change shirts, that due to the discomfort my shirt has caused, my wife and I would not be allowed to board the aircraft. Passengers on the plane supposedly felt uncomfortable with my very presence on the flight. And the Delta manager went out of his way to point out that he wholeheartedly agreed with the pilot’s decision.

Fast forward in the article a little..

When Mark returned, he conferred with his fellow transit cops. They found out that I had opted out of the body scanner at the TSA security checkpoint. Mark cited this piece of information to his fellow cops as further evidence of my suspicious nature. Now if Mark had even the slightest clue how to do his job, he could have asked me directly about why I opted out. But that would’ve been too much work. It’s a whole lot easier to make baseless accusations.

Had he asked me, this is what he would’ve learned: I’ve been undergoing treatment for stage IV colon cancer since February 2011. In addition to having little tolerance for unnecessary and ineffective security procedures like the body scanner, I’m also not particularly fond of exposing my body to additional avoidable sources or radiation and, more importantly, any scan would guarantee that I receive a follow-up full-body pat-down. Why? Because I have both an implanted port through which I receive my chemotherapy infusion and, having lost nearly a foot of my sigmoid colon, I have a colostomy. A bag that full of some sort of foreign matter strapped to the abdomen of a passenger would raise eyebrows among those analyzing the image of me walking through a scanner. Since I’d be selected for additional screening anyway, why go through the scanner when I can just avoid that altogether and go straight to the secondary screening?

Source

Another Source-Same Story

So not only was this guy harassed because of his shirt, but he is also a Cancer patient. I think they should be sued over racial discrimination. It is in his right to wear whatever he wants and to be denied over other passengers fears is not OK.

If delta had a policy in place about branding some type of spoof shirt with the word terrorist in it I can understand but they don't, so this is discrimination!!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Big Brother wont tolerate dissent in any form .... it upsets his minions and the mindless masses .... in amerika everyone must conform....

people will just blow this off like they do everything else .... untill it directly affects them .... by then it will be too late ... welcome to the totalitarian states of amerika where everyones a terrorist till proven otherwise ...
edit on 27/8/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu causing havoc...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Phoenix TSA is a joke. Last year they "misplaced" a bunch of explosives during an excercise. That being said I'm completely anti-TSA myself but wearing a shirt like that on a plane probably isn't the best of ideas since most people these days are scared little sheep thanks to constant fear-mongering by the government.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
i'll bet if you wore a t shirt that had the U.S. constitution printed on it, you would be pulled out of line and anally probed and beaten.

hey i'm gonna do it, i need the money!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcalx
Phoenix TSA is a joke.

I agree with you about the Arizona airport, except this was at the Buffalo airport. Which I have been to and wouldn't expect this there??
edit on 8/27/2012 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

I apologize I didn't read correctly that they were flying TO Phoenix. (However my sentiments still stand.)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The Sheeple are winning.

Believe what you are told is right and not what you know is true.

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcalx

Its cool, I had to go back and read it again to make sure.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Im glad he got kicked. I would have complained too just for fun. The airport is not the place to pretend to be an activist. I still dont get why people think flying is a right.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I would have complained too just for fun. The airport is not the place to pretend to be an activist. I still dont get why people think flying is a right.

You really would have complained, just to complain? It is a spoof T-Shirt of TSA, flying is not a right but there are laws on anti-discrimination. If the company doesn't have a policy on "Spoof" or "Mockery" shirts not allowed on flights then it was not ok to interrupt his flight plans at his cost because of it. If they had a policy againts it then ok they could mess with him but there isn't a policy against it.

This man was cleared by security, cleared by security again, and again. Passengers should not be allowed to dictate what should happen because of their feelings!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There's a time and a place for everything.

This person mentioned he wore the same shirt on a handful of other occasions without incident. To me, this either shows he has a small wardrobe or he wears this shirt for these occasions to try to push some buttons. How convenient to have this shirt available for the times he has to board a plane.

In the end, he got what he wanted. He didn't want to go through with his travels by wearing this shirt. He was hoping to get a story to tell in order to push his agenda.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

I would have complained because I know the type and the more they get away with this douchebaggery themore they try to push. He wears tbis shirtmon every flight, obviously for a reaction. Well he got one. The pilot was the one who made the decision, probably worried someone was going to feed this idiot his colostomy bag for intentionally making people uncomfortable.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisBickle451

This person mentioned he wore the same shirt on a handful of other occasions without incident. To me, this either shows he has a small wardrobe or he wears this shirt for these occasions to try to push some buttons. How convenient to have this shirt available for the times he has to board a plane.

In the end, he got what he wanted. He didn't want to go through with his travels by wearing this shirt. He was hoping to get a story to tell in order to push his agenda.

The guy has cancer, he has a chemotherapy port installed on his chest, he also has a colostomy bag. He gets harassed no matted what he does. Why not make a statement if you are going to be messed with every time you fly and you have a severe medical disorder.

It is overkill on a sick man!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Djayed

I know the type and the more they get away with this douchebaggery themore they try to push.

LOL, I cant argue with douchebaggery!! You see it a lot in California. But this guy is sick...you know he is getting messed with a lot when he travels.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

I get that but I really think he got what he wanted. He got attention and gets to feel like hes a big bad protester battling the evils of butt checkers. I dont care about messing with the TSA, I care about the other passengers.

Also cute dog.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed

Originally posted by TravisBickle451

The guy has cancer, he has a chemotherapy port installed on his chest, he also has a colostomy bag. He gets harassed no matted what he does. Why not make a statement if you are going to be messed with every time you fly and you have a severe medical disorder.

It is overkill on a sick man!

It's unfortunate and all, but I don't see why a sickness gives someone a license to act irrationally. This seems to be a taboo topic. If a person is sick, society has been conditioned to treat them differently and with sometimes extraordinary extreme care, even when it may not be needed. Do they not want to be treated as equals? Do they have to be treated better than "normal" and fit people when that is sometimes not necessary?

In this case, the issue was the shirt, not his cancer. The "discrimination" came from people objecting the shirt, not him and his condition. He was pushing buttons. He was itching for a reaction. He got it, and now people are going to hail him as some sort of hero. He's getting exactly what he wanted.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Djayed

I get that but I really think he got what he wanted. He got attention and gets to feel like hes a big bad protester battling the evils of butt checkers. I dont care about messing with the TSA, I care about the other passengers.

Also cute dog.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

I can agree with you, he probably wanted the attention. For some reason I always get pulled aside and sent through the screening machine, so I try to do things to increase my chances of breezing though to my terminal for some over priced chilies!!!

PS-Thanks, I love my dog and she knows shes cute so its kinda like dealing with a beauty queen. I think she is an aspiring actress, she will let me do anything if I have the camera out. She will also pose, no two pictures can be the same...she does not allow it....LOL

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

I can agree he probably wouldn't have done it if he didn't want the attention. But I think that we need to have a little different set of screenings for: Elderly, Children, and the Sick.

Nana isn't packing a bomb
Little Jimmy doesn't want to be felt up
And the terminally ill probably should get a little bit of a speed pass...like at Disney...LOL

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I don't see why people can't see that an aircraft is a privately owned vehicle... while the sky is federal, an aircraft is no different than a taxi cab, or your own personal vehicle (The government decides who can be on a road, but a private person decides who can be in your car). Riding in someone else's car is not a right, they can decide who can be in it. If someone doesn't want you in their vehicle, consider yourself lucky you only get kicked off, and not something more drastic

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed
reply to post by TravisBickle451

I can agree he probably wouldn't have done it if he didn't want the attention. But I think that we need to have a little different set of screenings for: Elderly, Children, and the Sick.

Nana isn't packing a bomb
Little Jimmy doesn't want to be felt up
And the terminally ill probably should get a little bit of a speed pass...like at Disney...LOL

I can see your point, but these and other changes can create the possibility for loopholes. These loopholes can then simply be exploited.

Sure there can be changes, but that's easier said than done. Just too many permutations of people to create some sort of protocol for each type of person.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join