It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Apocolypse breaks out, what would you do to survive???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Truth is often stranger than fiction. You know what's funny. This saying form the movie MIB...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

well with all the mutated forms of flu and other sickness around i would say this is quite possible. I for one cant say i know of any other way it could happen except some godly or demonic type intervention. Eather that or they start putting bathsalts in the water suply.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by BennyTheBlade

When you think about shark suits and how they appear effective with sharks it I'd not hard to imagine armor would be a help in preventing a bite. Sticking with the theme I was just thinking you could probably make a decent mobile shelter out of a large steel dumpster. Could you push one flintstones style and chain th lid shut?

Ya that's a smart idea. If we were all a group trying to survive you'd be in charge of transportation. ha ha

I agree. I think we could have what it takes to survive. some sharksuits and a few of those plastic dumpsters to move around in. Use plywood or something to cover the hole in the bottom when were not on the move. Sit right on it nothings getting in. A small opening to see through. Maybe a screen over that. I think maybe having a locked chan keeping it closed could become a hazard if for any reason we need to make a fast excape. Even if we just use a lock thats not clasped would work well. plenty of room inside for guns,ammo, food and much more than we could carry. Esp if theres a few of us all in our own dumpster. Maybe two in one Even to move faster. but i think we use it sideways so the narow end is forward. Prolly have better control.
And all this from scooting in a trashcan lol

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Jeez, we're playing "what if" guys, why so serious?

One thing I think about when I watch zombie movies is all of the ways you could corral, trap, and exterminate. Taking a more proactive approach.

I've got a few ideas about that. In the movies it seems easy to attract them. You could use this to your advantage.
edit on 28-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

with out a doubt. Maybe in a backyard fence or something. Easily take out a few dozen at once. The game Dead Rising let you do similar things. the zombies there were attracted by sound so you could toss firecrackers. idk if that would work. But im sure there are ways.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Right!
In a town you could lure them into an alley with an escape for you such as a ladder over a fence that you retrieve. Then set them on fire.
Lure them into a secure parking lot with chain-link fence. Close the gate behind them then choose your poison.

I try to think of ways that will not waste the ammo. Flammables are plentiful.

S&F OP

edit on 28-8-2012 by tanda7 because: S&F

edit on 28-8-2012 by tanda7 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

You know it is funny. But not how you see it. It's from a movie. A FICTIONAL MOVIE about aliens.

But ok whatever floats ur boat.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
reply to post by r2d246

You know it is funny. But not how you see it. It's from a movie. A FICTIONAL MOVIE about aliens.

C'mon Cuacasian, with all your aggression I bet you would be a great zombie killer. Of course it's not feasible bro, but making strategies is a healthy mental exercise. Wouldn't you want to be on the exterminator team?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Yes, fire seems the most effective. But you must consider the suroundings, end up with a wild fire to run from ontop of the zombies. Rigging up explosives would be decent. Need the makings for them though. What i would like is something of a liquid that smells of human flesh, dump that on the zombies and watch them tear eachother apart. Maybe have gladiator style matches.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hmm get a boat go into a pond make alot of noise drown the zombies. No one thinks of that.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

not bad, seems logical and saves any ammo. Thats what i call cost effective. let them sink to the bottom and get.. Stuck in the muck. For those of you than can appreciate that survival referance. Lol or even know that referance for that matter.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BennyTheBlade

Originally posted by iforget

When you think about shark suits and how they appear effective with sharks it I'd not hard to imagine armor would be a help in preventing a bite. Sticking with the theme I was just thinking you could probably make a decent mobile shelter out of a large steel dumpster. Could you push one flintstones style and chain th lid shut?

Ya that's a smart idea. If we were all a group trying to survive you'd be in charge of transportation. ha ha

I agree. I think we could have what it takes to survive. some sharksuits and a few of those plastic dumpsters to move around in. Use plywood or something to cover the hole in the bottom when were not on the move. Sit right on it nothings getting in. A small opening to see through. Maybe a screen over that. I think maybe having a locked chan keeping it closed could become a hazard if for any reason we need to make a fast excape. Even if we just use a lock thats not clasped would work well. plenty of room inside for guns,ammo, food and much more than we could carry. Esp if theres a few of us all in our own dumpster. Maybe two in one Even to move faster. but i think we use it sideways so the narow end is forward. Prolly have better control.
And all this from scooting in a trashcan lol

So let me get this straight, what your essencially saying is your dream in life is to be a big fat maggot in a dumpster is that it?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Go up somewhere cold and snowy, unless zombies begin wearing scarfs, start driving cars and carpooling I dont think they will stand a chance in the snow. If you want to be a dick, load up a bus filled with zombies and bring them lets say an Alaskan town who think they are safe.
edit on 5-9-2012 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican
reply to post by r2d246

C'mon Cuacasian, with all your aggression I bet you would be a great zombie killer. Of course it's not feasible bro, but making strategies is a healthy mental exercise. Wouldn't you want to be on the exterminator team?

What if the zombie was super hot, would you still kill it?? That's the million dollar question isn't it.

This is horrible.... don't ask how I stumbled across it...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I have to admit, that is a good question. In the film "Return of the Living Dead III", the hero's girlfriend becomes infected and she attempts to postpone the inevitable by piercing herself with glass shards because the pain apparently reminds her of her human qualities.
When I saw this movie in '93, I distinctly remember being very sympathetic to her problem, if you know what I mean.

In the movie "Fido", one minor character has a "pet" zombie girlfriend. In this film they have figured out how to control them. (see the collar).

But it all depends on things like; just how infectious are they? I think a hot zombie girlfriend that was untouchable would be more of a liability than an asset. However, if my wife became infected, and we had not discussed it, I would surely be tempted to keep her around in hopes of a cure.
This is my wife dressed for a Halloween party.

But did you notice that you referred to the "super hot" zombie as "it" instead of "her"? That says a lot. (Assuming you don't normally refer to women as "it")

btw I have to give you a star just for the zombie jello wrestling. In a perfect zombie apocalypse world, we would be entertained, would we not?

edit on 5-9-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

If it's a real zombie it would be an it wouldn't it? ha ha

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

So, food is running short, water is almost gone, time to get out.
Id climb into the attic, and start ripping into the ceiling (roof) for a way in and out without having to run the risk of not getting a door resealed in time.

I would wear any dark, matte, material i have, and something that doesnt give much sound when it rustles and start to scout the neighborhood. After surveying the immediate area, i would start planning how much and what i can carry (bag types) before i am too encumbered to run at a moderate pace if i have to.

Id hit a plaza, grocery store + utility store + sports store hopefully all close to each other. Get food and water first, then make return trips for gear - shoes, shin guards, elbow / knee pads,some "under armour" (amazing stuff that can keep you warm, but also dissipate sweat and encourage cooling), a lightweight, thin hockey chest guard would be nice to have also - not for zombies, but for the threat of other humans who want a physical confrontation as it would give me slight advantage in a 1v1 situation, unless they have a gun.

after i have a nice set up, i would expand, and become a nomad, having multiple safe houses through out the city, keeping a keen eye on placement / strategic points.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i'd kill people for typing too much.
i'd have a good excuse.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

reply to post by tanda7

If it's a real zombie it would be an it wouldn't it? ha ha

Definitely an it.
That's why I think in terms of extermination. Everytime I see a zombie movie, I only cheer when people make an attempt to really fix the problem. Of course it's always too little, too late. Makes for a better movie maybe?

But some films depict zombies that learn. So I could imagine keeping one or two around under the right circumstances.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join