It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Apocolypse breaks out, what would you do to survive???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Interesting. I like how you stick with what you know. Lol. The sharksuit is prolly much easier to move in than armor. And a sharks bite must be stronger than a zombie so im with you on that.
The dumpster got me thinking. Its plausible, yet very heavy. Moving it could be tough. Than i found this.. plastic dumpster This would not only move easier but cuttting a hole would be fairly simple. Just wont be as long lasting as metal but lets face it, we dont wanna live in a dumpster forever. I would recomend maybee flaps on the bottom all the way around to eliminate any gap to the ground. Just to be safe.
edit on 28-8-2012 by BennyTheBlade because: the world may never know..

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I would do nothing because your typical zombie apocalypse is nothing but pure fiction.

There is no possible way that the portrayed zombies would even stay alive if they are rotting. Their antibodies would die bacteria would start to eat their bodies. They would start to bloat from the gas build up and they would explode.

So no you wouldn't have to do anything as the problem would solve itself.

So say thank you to germs. And stop being paranoid because it will NEVER happen.

That is all.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'd hold up in my house until the food supply ran low. Then i'd set myself on fire and run to the nearest market. Then i'd set myself on fire and run back home. Nice,easy, and most importantly...SAFE!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Some people just love ruining a good thread so therefore id cut u to bits before u got infected give the zombies a distraction

Get loadda beer and tramadol .... to the docks-pick a ship with water and food or if its got white powder-sail out a mile and watch the city

If city had know docks id steal a large truck-with tramadol and beer and well..........relieve myself drivin round

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wizard88

Get loadda beer and tramadol

Blah, tramadol? Vicodin is soooo much better.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by wizard88

Get loadda beer and tramadol

Blah, tramadol? Vicodin is soooo much better.

Il have to give it ago .......nice one

Fancy blowin the horn while i drive round lol

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wizard88

Some people just love ruining a good thread so therefore id cut u to bits before u got infected give the zombies a distraction

Get loadda beer and tramadol .... to the docks-pick a ship with water and food or if its got white powder-sail out a mile and watch the city

If city had know docks id steal a large truck-with tramadol and beer and well..........relieve myself drivin round

You would cut me to bits? I find that extremely hateful and rude.

How did I ruin a good thread? I stated proof of what would happen. Like it or not its the truth.

The original poster stated what would you do if there were zombies. I gave my input. And that is to do nothing!

Its theoretically impossible for a zombie apocalypse to ever happen. And of it did it wouldn't last very long.
1. In winter they would freeze their cells would be ripped apart.

2. Animals would start to eat them and attack them as a food source.

3. Bacteria and fungi would begin to deteriorate them quickly.

Would you like me to go on with my proof. Or do you have anything of factual information that this could even remotely happen as in the movies.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
ATTENTION:

The topic of this thread is "Zombie Apocolypse breaks out, what would you do to survive???"

Please keep all comments on topic and stop this interpersonal bickering. There is an alert feature on every post. Please use it and allow ATS staff to do the moderating.

Thank you.

Hefficide
ATS Moderator.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

well this is all very true. Crows would be pecking at them and all the maggots alone would solve most of the issue. But its all theoretical here. I mean if zombies could possibly exist than everything thats fact would be thrown out the window because we all know dead corpses are nothing more than inanimate objests.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hopefully you've read it ... or listened to it.

edit on 28-8-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I have not. But im about to hehe. Thank you, sounds interesting enough.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by BennyTheBlade

When you think about shark suits and how they appear effective with sharks it I'd not hard to imagine armor would be a help in preventing a bite. Sticking with the theme I was just thinking you could probably make a decent mobile shelter out of a large steel dumpster. Could you push one flintstones style and chain th lid shut?

Ya that's a smart idea. If we were all a group trying to survive you'd be in charge of transportation. ha ha

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

ahh that's great. I was thinking of buying the book. Maybe now I'll just download it and listen. Like people joke about this but this is serious. The way they keep pushing these zombie movies it makes me wonder. Anything in hollywood they fictionalize they do to make people believe it's not real and could never happen. I wish brainwashing could be an optional feature in movies.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Zombie Fact from Fiction....

I'm just gonna add one comment that plagues me since we're on the topic. Maybe someone could answer it.

They have a basic explaination as to how a zombie could happen or come to life etc etc. The Zombie Survival Guide explains this. But I think it's just a theory. I think in real life I can't really see this happening. Like in all the descriptions they give as to how it could happen. There's just way to many holes in the theory.

But here's what I'm thinking.... Rabies! (well a very mutated form of it that gives the victim energy and longevity not appathy and coma)

Look at any animal with Rabies. It's sort of an example of something similar to a real zombie. Some strange mutated form of Rabies could cause a person to maybe act sort of like a zombie. Basically make them crazy, ravonous, and possibly even seeking to attack any living creature it comes across.

And possibly the mutated strain could be developed in a way where it maybe gives the creature added addrenalen or whatever it needs to keep going for as long as possible. Instead of like the current rabies where you'd be dead in about 72hr from the time you go crazy.

But what I'm getting to is this.....

If this was a type of rabies that could break out in mass, people would still be subject to the normal laws of physics, and biochemistry in a human body. So after not having enough food, water, or exposure to cold heat etc etc they'd simply die.

So I don't think the zombies would be around forever in the way they depict normal zombies. Where they end up as walkers forever unless the brain is damaged it just keeps going. To me that makes very little sense. I can't see that happening. Like even if somehow the body could keep moving without the need of the heart, lungs etc, then first that alone makes no sense because the body would become stiff. It wouldn't be able to move. But lets say by some miracle it could just as in the movies, wouldn't the body rote away still? And I don't think that would actually take too long either. Maybe like a yr or 2 max it would be gone.

But the rule of thumb is often truth is stranger than fiction so who really knows right. I could be way off base.

But thought I'd see what you're thoughts on this were?

edit on 28-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

ahh that's great. I was thinking of buying the book. Maybe now I'll just download it and listen. Like people joke about this but this is serious. The way they keep pushing these zombie movies it makes me wonder. Anything in hollywood they fictionalize they do to make people believe it's not real and could never happen. I wish brainwashing could be an optional feature in movies.

PLEASE explain how a zombie apocalypse could actually happen?

Include rational factual information of how to reanimate dead cells in a living animal. Causing the dead to become the undead. Walking around without lungs to bring oxegen to dead decaying cells. Using a brain that is useless as the brain will start to deteriorate after minutes of expiring.

I would love to hear any of your ideas until then im never going to worry about zombies.

I am not joking about this being fictional its just so far away from the laws of nature that they forget what happens to organics once it dies.

*(Nvm please excuse this post you already answered the questions for yourself. Thank you for being a rational thinker)*
edit on 28-8-2012 by TheCaucasianAmerican because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join