It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Apocolypse breaks out, what would you do to survive???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I need a few more details-

Are they runners? If so, I'm effed.

Let's assume they're creepers. Creepers, even if they can go through water, will most likely sink and not be able to walk through the muck at the bottom of a river. Solution...find an island.

Best case scenario. Bug of out house with water purifier. Haul azz to an island (river island around here). Camp there until the zombies eventually crawl through the mud enough to eat me while sleeping.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Cooper was right the whole time. The basement was the safest place.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I would never retreat to the basement, unless it had an "out" like a cellar door, like the old farm houses have.
If I were in a 2 story home, I would board up the bottom floor, of course, and then retreat to the top floor if it were over run.
I can still jump off a roof without pulling something... maybe

edit on 28-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I like the way you layed it out here. A good challenge it would be. No karate huh? Lol thats a toughy. Can i have Chuck Norris? No? Well ok..
My fisrt thought would be to put on clean underpants. Secondly i would want to move out asap. The longer you wait the more zombies there will be. Gather what you can with out it slowing you down to much and get out of dodge. The first thought is safty in numbers, but the larger the group the faster your spoted. I would feel a desire to help every survivor i could but i think id go at it rambo style and be a lone wolf.
I would wait for the first break i get and make a run for it. Heading for a wooded area if possible. Away from the city. Avoid places where people normaly flock. Plus i think zombies would be poor climbers so if i got traped i could just get up in a tree. This is where the knife really becomes useful. As i made my first break for it i would use the knife if i came across any dead but not zombified bodys to cut bits of flesh to use as bait or distraction. Ofcourse picking up any guns or ammo i may find.
So now i find myself in the woods. Alone. I would try finding a stream or creek and follow it hopefuly to a river. I dont think zombies are good swimmers eather. I would attemp to find a boat or atleast a log that will float untill i do come upon a boat. I would also find or fashion myself a fishing pole. Than my food is pretty much endless. Being that im not far from three mile island i would head for one of the many small islands to set up camp. Though with out anyone to keep the nuclear plant in check i may be screwed. But thats something ill just have to hope for the best on. Once my camp is set i would make daily trips along the coast to look for survivors to bring back with me. After all it gets pretty lonley and palmala would eventualy get old. Hopefuly i would find a woman or two or three or twenty to return to my camp and work towards repopulation. There on that island i will live out the rest of my days in paradise surrounded hopfuly by topless women and all the fish i could eat.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
dub post, sorry
edit on 28-8-2012 by BennyTheBlade because: grrr

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

This is why i don't live in a big city.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by r2d246

what if you flipped over a big plastic garbage bin, cut some eye holes in it, and sort of scooted slowly along underneath it.

Haha this is priceless. I can totaly picture that. Like "just a little farther, a little farther... Oh crap!"
but all in all it might just work if there is only a few zombies and other people around to destract them. Atleast for a short time.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Simple: head to Alaska, the zombies couldn't survive up there

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Hold out till you have about one weeks worth of food left then think about going outside. The majority people have been killed off and some zombies are gone too.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
A huge friggin hamster ball. Seems the best course of action.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BennyTheBlade

I am just the garbage ho hum.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I am just the garbage ho hum.

lol nothing to see here zombie folks, move along.
however this just occured to me, perhaps we should all invest in suits of armor. Seems so obvious but always over looked.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I share your idea! and have posted it before on one of these threads. Who has seen a zombie drive a boat? Or even Swim. An island is a good bet while zombies find what's left(before bullets, energy, water, food) run out. Might wanna bring a mate to restart civilization.

Besides what is a zombie life span anyway? Assuming no victems..won't they all eventually die.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Record numbers of people have gone missing in Alaska. It's north america's burmuda triangle.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

But what if I sat on your can and made you into my prisoner?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well I guess I'll try and answer my own question for fun...

I think I'd wait for a while and figure out a plan. Start by really barricading the door. I'd likely figure out some weapons. And I'd pack a light bag. Then at some point leave at night. I'd ride my bike around trying to find a car if possible. But since I don't know how to hotwire one I'd probably be screwed. But I'm sure some abandon house would have a car and keys. I'd put all my stuff in it, try and siphon some gas and make as many gas and oil cans as I could. Get a few spare tires, tools and parts. Ideally maybe try and find a mini-van and get rid of the back seats and make it camperized. Get some food and water in there. Then try and drive out at night using only back roads. Just drive slowly and quietly as not to raise attention. I don't think a slow moving car that was far out pacing a walker would keep them interested for long. Once you're several blocks away they'd give up chase. I'd try and stop at as many stores, walmart, safe way and gather up anything left. Espcially proper clothing, weapons, and gear. Then once in the country just go carefully investigating various acreages. Look for one that isn't being used. Use it to resupply and settle into and plan my next move. Alternative to that maybe find a grocery store or a wall mart. Even if most of the shelves are barren take whatever is remaining and go find some old warehouse or office area near by and make that a base for a little while. Ultimately I think I'd just wait things out for a while. I'm sure if you could survive at least 1 yr realistically most of the walkers would be gone too. Then all you'd have to contend with is humans. So just get some guns. I think I'd slowly make my way down to the coast. Try and find a small cabin cruiser and make it to an island. Or if there's no gas just find a sail boat and try and teach myself how to sail. Then make my way slowly down the coast to warmer waters, stopping into each little town along the way to resupply. I wouldn't sail far away from shore just to be safe, not use too big of a sail boat as not to hit bottom. Maybe in time team up with a small group that likes the idea of sailing our way down to warm waters. I think the greatest challenge would be finding food and drinking water. I think gradually it would be a nightmare as supplies ran out. You'd almost have to adopt the old pioneering ways to learn to live off the land. But I think if you could survive the first year you'd likely be okay after that.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

When you think about shark suits and how they appear effective with sharks it I'd not hard to imagine armor would be a help in preventing a bite. Sticking with the theme I was just thinking you could probably make a decent mobile shelter out of a large steel dumpster. Could you push one flintstones style and chain th lid shut?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well You can't beat em so JOIN EM!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I was just engaged in a small panel discussion regarding zombie mythos.

In our calculation, you really only have to survive as long as it takes for the average brain to decompose after body functions cease. To clarify, it would be sort of a bell curve.

few infected>lots infected> nearly everyone infected>time to decompose brain>few newly dead>very few newly dead>survive!

I don't exactly want to Google that time, but I'd guess 45 days would cover it depending on atmospheric conditions and a few suppositions regarding zombies themselves. Basically, eating flesh doesn't sustain them and they decompose at a standard rate.

Make sense to anyone?

I just have to survive on my lake/river island for 6 weeks and there's a good chance I'll win!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

When you think about shark suits and how they appear effective with sharks it I'd not hard to imagine armor would be a help in preventing a bite. Sticking with the theme I was just thinking you could probably make a decent mobile shelter out of a large steel dumpster. Could you push one flintstones style and chain th lid shut?

It would work great on flat ground. What happens if you run into a wall of bodies or a fence or a concrete barricade?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join