It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Your Money Out of Morgan Stanley—Fast!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

With the stock price of Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) inches from its Armageddon lows of Oct. 2008, whispers of the imminent overnight collapse of this U.S. broker-dealer begin to surface. Client funds, again, are at risk.

“I’m hearing rumors that another major financial house is going to implode,” says TruNews host Rick Wiles. In fact, the name I’ve been given is Morgan Stanley . . .

“It’s going to be put on the sacrificial alter by the financial elite.”

Read more: www.beaconequity.com...

Well this is interesting, and possibly we could be seeing the next Lehman Brothers. With the stock market being almost completely run on rumors these days, even a "hint" of collapse could send Morgan Stanley to ruin.

I don't know if anyone on ATS has sold shares via Morgan Stanley, but if you have, could you tell us if everything went smoothly?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
HE HE HE HE HE ha ha ha ha

My ex wife has Morgan Stanley
Shhhhhh.....
shhhh

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You know, I'd absolutely love for EVERYBODY to try and withdraw ALL their money from ALL the big banks ALL AT ONCE.

The banks wouldn't be able to cough up, because they don't own all that physical money. That would be a wake up call for all...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Nah no second Lehman, some money from the taxpayers will make everything alright, if it is true that Morgan Stanley is in trouble

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The timing of the Bloomberg article is no coincidence. Michael Bloomberg is only doing his part for the global banking cartel by tipping off that Morgan Stanley is ready for the “sacrificial alter.” Get your money out.

(1) In early May, Munger told CNBC, “I think gold is a great thing to sow in to your garments if you’re a Jewish family in Vienna in 1939, but I think civilized people don’t buy gold.” George Soros is a Jew, living in Hungary during the rise of the Third Reich.

(2) You can’t trust anybody and the entire system is collapsing. What’s the takeaway from this? It’s to make sure you have every penny in your pocket. —Gerald Celente, after losing 20 percent of his allocated brokerage account with MF Global.

“If you don’t understand what ‘get the hell out’ means, there’s not much I can do for you.” —Ann Barnhardt, after reviewing an appeals court ruling in the case of Sentinal Management Group, ruling that clients funds can be used to settle secured loans initiated through the banking industry.

Read more: www.beaconequity.com...

This may well be the first domino to fall.

Such dire warnings about any stock were rarely heard in the last 10 years.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Or, if you don't have shares, maybe now is the time to buy!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I sure don't like this within context of the DHS buying over a billion hollow points, portable check point kiosks and riot gear. Soros knows. Others know. The rest of us are in the dark and on our own. I think I need to make a Costco run tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me in the least.
Around five years ago I closed my accounts with the bank. People even in my own family thought I was "paranoid." Those same people have finally begun to wake up.
Very sad to think of all the people who will be caught unawares.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Took a quick look at MS, and I'm not seeing any of the tell tale signs of collapse like with Lehman or Bear. Options open interest is pretty normal if not a little weighted toward the expected to go up call side as far out as January. Short interest seems a little higher than normal, but not too bad for a stock on the low side of it's 52 week range. I'm just not seeing eminent demise here.

I'm not trying to shoot the OP thesis down, but I'm not seeing any of the things I would expect for a bank on the ropes.

That being said I think anyone with any material amount of money in any broker who has operations in London is stupid until the issues from MF Global have been addressed. I'd love to see another fall of 08 in the banking sector, but not seeing anything that looks like eminent demise.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Given the lack of transparency, the signs may not be known to outsiders. Look at what happened at LB. They called the government, a meeting was held to drop the bomb, and a couple of days later, poof.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Actually prices are lower then 2008 (15.16 in 2008 to 14.34 in 2012)

But as I said, this is all speculation, but that is all the market needs these days for stocks to tumble. Guess the upcoming weeks / months will tell the tale.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

“I’m hearing rumors that another major financial house is going to implode,” says TruNews host Rick Wiles. In fact, the name I’ve been given is Morgan Stanley . . .
Source

A google search reveals that amongst other imaginative warnings, on June 13th, Rick Wiles' intel issued a heads-up about the [possible] detonation of a 'stolen' nuclear bomb during the opening ceremonies of the 2012 Olympics.

Trunews promotes itself as a Christian news network: "Trunews is the only nightly newscast reporting the countdown to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ."

Host Rick Wiles serves up a blend of hard-shell fundamentalism and Jonesian conspiracy theory that is unlikely to influence the markets imho.

Countdown to Armageddon?

Buyer Beware

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It will just be a dog and pony show...Here look at my left hand Morgan Stanley collapsing while my right hand buys up all their assests at pennies on the dollar and ultimatley owned by the same cartel.

We need real financial reform not little tricks to keep the masses distracted for a few more months!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Seeing as how Morgan Stanley is one of the founding fathers of the banking cartels along with the Rothchilds and Rockerfellers..one has to wonder what this actually means in that way if this is correct.

Curious to say the least....lets keep our peepers open to the sideshow....if this is true the implications do not stop with Morgan Stanley...and if it does fall through, i guarentee that the family that owns it will be in a position to not feel much from this as it was likely preplanned.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

When one of those executives of Morgan Stanley commits suicide, you know the ship is going down fast. until then, I probably wouldn't worry about it too much. Stock price doesn't really mean MS is going down, it could be just the market doesn't see MS doing any good investing for shareholders.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I've got accounts at MS. My brother in law works there. I don't own any MS stock and I'm not concerned about the accounts.

With regards to an investors holdings when the investment house goes bust, you might want to read the following:
finance.yahoo.com...

For starters, cash is held apart from the firm's holdings to protect the individuals. Stocks held in other companies are also still owned by the investor. The only thing you have trouble unloading are investments in the investment bank itself - stock, funds etc.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If this was true then we'd have something on this site.

linky

I don't see anything on ZeroHedge.
I think it's just drama.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yup that worked really well for clients of MF Global didn't it?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

MF global was an investment fund. If you were invested in Morgan Stanley funds, and the company went under, as I mentioned, you'd have trouble getting your money. Morgan Stanley buys microsoft for you. You own microsoft. If Morgan Stanley goes under, you still own microsoft. The only way you'd wind up with nothing under a failed Morgan Stanley would be if they were producing phony documents and they never bought your stock. Then they would be doing what Madoff did.

That is not the case here.

The other thing to note is that many cash accounts at houses like Morgan Stanley have insurance coverage, up to a certain amount so there's added protection but, as previously mentioned, your cash is not mixed with their cash and, in the event they go under, and your cash is gone, then you have a situation where they didn't lose your money, they outright stole it.

Not the case here.

If you want to fear a collapse of a bank, feel free to do so but you should fully understand the impact on the individual accounts before you foster an atmosphere of unwarranted fear.

And, since y'all are so concerned about losing your money, here's a nice tidbit regarding banks:

No depositor has ever lost a penny of insured deposits since the FDIC was created in 1933.

www.fdic.gov...

Note, this only applies to FDIC insured accounts. Investment banks have different insurance on the cash accounts. When Lehman collapsed there were cases of money market funds being worth slightly less than a dollar per share (the normal value).

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Unfortunately here in the US if this was tried I'm sure our government would declare a national emergency and institute a bank holiday as was done duriing te great depression in the '30s

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join