It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is my first post, so please bear with me! My intention is to discover others' opinions and/or experiences with Scientology, and perhaps start a debate.

My experience: I spent a year as a staff member many years ago. In some ways it was the best year of my life...I left under a cloud & have since wondered if it was the right choice.

Sometimes I'm tempted to return, but there's alot of negative information floating around out there & it's possible that in reality I was lucky to escpae when I did. Plus, I wasn't there long enough to get into the "higher" levels (OT levels...heck, I didn't even get to "Clear", just "Release")...and what what I've read about these levels sound like bad Science Fiction. All I can say for certain is that what I was taught at the lower levels (Dianetics, communications skills, etc) was very useful.

Of course, we were also taught that all the negative information is being disseminated by "enemies" of the church...they have a whole organization to fight against such things.

Opinions? Experiences?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azeari of the Radiant Eye
This is my first post, so please bear with me! My intention is to discover others' opinions and/or experiences with Scientology, and perhaps start a debate.

My experience: I spent a year as a staff member many years ago. In some ways it was the best year of my life...I left under a cloud & have since wondered if it was the right choice.

Sometimes I'm tempted to return, but there's alot of negative information floating around out there & it's possible that in reality I was lucky to escpae when I did. Plus, I wasn't there long enough to get into the "higher" levels (OT levels...heck, I didn't even get to "Clear", just "Release")...and what what I've read about these levels sound like bad Science Fiction. All I can say for certain is that what I was taught at the lower levels (Dianetics, communications skills, etc) was very useful.

Of course, we were also taught that all the negative information is being disseminated by "enemies" of the church...they have a whole organization to fight against such things.

Opinions? Experiences?

Of course it sounde like Sci-fi.... It was "Created" by one of the most renowned Sci-fi writers of the 20th century....
Also, any organization that goes around teaching that ("enemies" of the church) are disseminating "negative" information, is not a Religion, it is a CULT !!!...

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
i had to do a report on scientology and the man that created the "religion" said in an interview that the best way for a man to become rich and famous was to create his own religion. 2 years later scientology was born.

kind regards,
DIGITALGRL

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hello, I really don�t understand why do you worry for the scientology. This one more word for musk the true. If you know the true why do you need to explain it? I think for the HAPPYNESS is NOT important, so, all this scientology, magics, religions are just lossing time and mind. Sure they can make more problems than help.
Anyway, this is just my oppinion.
Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join