It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Shot Trying to Force Way into Home, Shooter Arrested for Murder

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
even if you wake up and see a man standing in your hallway....you absolutely have no right to shoot or kill him. There was no percieved threat of death from the guy breaking in, and he has no way of knowing if he intended to hurt someone or had a weapon etc....
Look, he couldve yelled real loud and scared the guy away (probably)...

What the...

I ask this in all seriousness, are you on any medications?

If so, have you been taking them regularly?

edit on 28-8-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
I support the home owner completely. Break into my house at your own peril.

Criminals these days have more rights then their victims.. A perp tried to break into my home once, I just watched him and waited for him to get inside. He was lucky he looked up before completely getting into my home. Once his foot hit my floor he would have kissed his ass goodbye.

Maybe its me NOT BEING AMERICAN but i just cannot for the life of me see how anyone can kill another human without any form of remorse for putting "a foot on someone elses floor".

Your assuming he would have stolen some possessions etc but is it really worth taking a life for? You have NO IDEA of the circumstances.

I know most of you will flame me but...

Its precisely why Americans are viewed as paranoid by the rest of the world. You all live in so much fear that few of you can live a normal life without some form of weapon to kill another human.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
even if you wake up and see a man standing in your hallway....you absolutely have no right to shoot or kill him. There was no percieved threat of death from the guy breaking in, and he has no way of knowing if he intended to hurt someone or had a weapon etc....
Look, he couldve yelled real loud and scared the guy away (probably)...

What the...

I ask this in all seriousness, are you on any medications?

If so, have you been taking them regularly?

edit on 28-8-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Why are you asking if he is on medication? Is it because he doesn't share the same thoughts as you regarding gun violence? If so then maybe its you that needs medication.

There is no reason to kill another human because they enter your home. If they are armed, fair enough but if not, i believe that killing him/her constitutes murder.

You guys would be better suited to better education, police force expansion and improving quality of life for your "needy", instead of spending so much on guns, bombs and tanks!

You'd maybe then begin to see a reduction in criminal activity.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
In my book the home owner was justified making sure that person wasn't a threat to him or his property. You try to break into someones home you better be ready to pay the price. If i was on his jury, no way i would find him guilty of murder.

If a off duty police officer did this, i bet they wouldn't be brought up on charges. The local news paper would of called him a hero.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I think you all missed a verrrrrry important piece in this story.

According to Garland County Jail records, Young's address is different than the one where the shooting took place.

According to the story, NOWHERE does it say he followed the perpetrator from his house into the yard. Apparently, Young followed him from someone's house and shot him in someone elses yard. NOT his house or yard.

Young is in deep doo doo.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Not much is clear in this story, it all seems shaky.

Speaking as a non American what I don't get is how willing some people are to kill somebody. Is it you know a kind of Hollywood thing by people who know nothing about life? People who don't know of the trauma that can be caused by ending somebody's life. Or is it a cold blooded / power thing by somebody who wants to kill someone legally?

I get wanting to protect family, but are you guys sick enough to think that killing people doesn't have consequences on a normal person? Then why the hell do you guys seem so willing or eager to do it? And don't give me this 'last resort' thing - responses here show that some of you are itching to shoot.

And this talk about 'loopholes' (federal offense is not loophole) or moving bodies. Can't believe that either, people advocating killing somebody then advising them to commit criminal offenses to cover it up.

So on ATS there is one topic that can't be spoken of, but we can talk about exactly how to cover up the most serious federal offense? Great priorities. God bless America

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
reply to post by GoldenRuled

According to the link you posted the shooter followed the intruder into the yard and shot him.

I'm pretty sure self defence no longer applies if the aggressor is in retreat when you shoot them.

According to reports, 24-year-old Tyrone McAfee was trying to force open the back door of the residence with his shoulder, when Young began firing at him from inside the house.

Young then followed McAfee into the back yard and shot him several more times, police say.

And you would be correct sir, if he was shot in the back, it is not self defense...and each shot is a seperate instance....you might get away with 2 shots fired....but not even a cop will get away with that many shots.....each round is a seperate shooting.

And the moment the guy fled, he should have just called the cops....they would have likely found him...especially if he was hit the first time.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled

It's not my usual 911 caller being shot story put it's just as bad. I was told when I lived down around Ar/Ok, I was told if you have to shoot someone, "WAIT" until they are in your house or drag them into your house after you shoot them. This leaves no room for misinterpretation as to the welcome status of someone in your house refusing to depart. Still a steaming shovelful of politics. If the circumstances are clear what's the problem? Glory seeking DA's looking for stats rather than truth in planning their political future on half truths and other people's bad lick. I have to tip my hat to the man in Texas(as well as the state of texas itself for condoning such acts) that shot 2 illegals robbing his neighbor's home with a hand shake of appreciation.

arkansasmatters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I was told the same thing. If the person is killed inside your home; it will be justifiable homicide; but if the person is killed outside; a person could be charged with murder; even if the person killed was an intruder.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The proverbial death by electric chair or a pat on the back for defending your castle is just a line in the sand. Seems this guy crossed it. Hindsight is 20/20.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Correction, the DA will put it in front of a Grand Jury to determine if there is cause to bring forth an indictment, just my 2 cents.

My opinion, buy him a beer. He saved the taxpayers a bundle from having to support the dead degenerate.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
A person who is successfully with burglary usually just keeps it up as an way of income. Anyone who has been through it knows the mess and the cost to repair broken parts of a house.

I don't think being chased away would cause a change of thinking about breakins in the average criminal.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I suspect even in Texas he would be in hot water. Once a person is leaving, it is not easy to claim fear for life and self defense and therefore use of deadly force.

That depends. If they are leaving with arms full of your stuff that they have stolen you can still shoot them.

I personally would yell at them to stop and give them a chance before I shot at them, but it's not required. Also, I wouldn't aim to kill them, just to wound them enough to stop them in their tracks. I can't speak for anybody else though.

The reason I'm aware of this is that after we rode out the last few hurricanes the police actually stopped when they saw a group of us outside and informed us of our rights to defend ourselves AND our property. But then again, the police chief in our town encourages citizens to keep firearms and to get trained in their use and safety. He even discussed it in a "Town Hall" meeting earlier this year.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
let me guess, before even clicking the link, the suspect is black, because there is no way an arkansas policeman will arrest a white person for shooting someone trying to break into their house.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Too bad the homeowner wasn't a cop, he could have claimed he was in fear for his safety and it would have never been questioned, plus he would have received a nice 4-6 week paid vacation while it was being investigated. But nooooo, let a person protect their home, family, and property and they're a criminal.

Bottom line, regardless of the homeowner chasing the POS thief into the yard, if the perpetual wasn't being a Lowlife thief he would have never been placed in a situation where he'd have been shot. Personally I think the homeowner should get a reward for getting another bottom feeder off the streets.

If he would have called the cops, by the time they left the donut shop and arrived on scene the perpetual would have probably been long gone, but even if they had caught him the taxpayers would have to pay for his defense then pay to support him while he was incarcerated and learning more criminal activity while hanging out with the rest of the thugs in jail.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The homeowner used excessive force. I'm all for protecting your home but he took it too far.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Stories like this really frustrate me.

"He should have waited until the criminal, who clearly wanted to attack him, was completely inside his house."

I think his intentions are clear enough. He means you harm!

I think if an individual attempts to take away your rights through force has no right to his own. If you try to kill me I will kill you back.

I hope he gets out without punishment. If he is still on your property, you should be able to do what you want. If this was the case there would be a lot less crime.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I have seen many vids recently on broadcast news channels that show shopowners shooting at and chasing robbers from the store - while still firing their weapons - NO prosecutions followed..........NYC mostly which is very hard on people w/guns.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is
justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or
tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the
other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the
deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of
arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the
nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing
immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated
robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the
property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or
recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to
protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or
another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

"(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; " seems some what vague as far as "any other means".

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
Not much is clear in this story, it all seems shaky.

Speaking as a non American what I don't get is how willing some people are to kill somebody. Is it you know a kind of Hollywood thing by people who know nothing about life? People who don't know of the trauma that can be caused by ending somebody's life. Or is it a cold blooded / power thing by somebody who wants to kill someone legally?

I get wanting to protect family, but are you guys sick enough to think that killing people doesn't have consequences on a normal person? Then why the hell do you guys seem so willing or eager to do it? And don't give me this 'last resort' thing - responses here show that some of you are itching to shoot.

And this talk about 'loopholes' (federal offense is not loophole) or moving bodies. Can't believe that either, people advocating killing somebody then advising them to commit criminal offenses to cover it up.

So on ATS there is one topic that can't be spoken of, but we can talk about exactly how to cover up the most serious federal offense? Great priorities. God bless America

That is because this country is full of psychopaths and really they are no better than the criminals they are willing to shoot. And then can't understand when the rest of the country doesn't want them carrying firearms into a church and a theater. The biggest case against CCW permits, are right here in print for you, gun owners that can't or won't determine if an aggressor is in retreat or not. So how exactly is it that were supposed to trust your judgement to use it in public if the need arose?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

According to reports, 24-year-old Tyrone McAfee was trying to force open the back door of the residence with his shoulder, when Young began firing at him from inside the house.

Young then followed McAfee into the back yard and shot him several more times, police say

From your source. He did murder the fellow, following him out into the yard and shot him several more times? The guy was running away, he stopped trying to break in after the first shot. He should have waited till the fellow was in his house. An attempted breaking an entering doesn't consist of an actual breaking and entering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join