It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Shot Trying to Force Way into Home, Shooter Arrested for Murder

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Arkansas Man Shot Trying to Force Way into Home, Shooter Arrested for Murder

arkansasmatters.com

A man was shot and killed in Hot Springs after reportedly trying to force his way into the back door of a home early Monday morning.

Hot Springs Police responded to a shots fired call in the 200 block of Holly Street at approximately 1:35 a.m.

Officers arrested 30-year-old Quincy Eugene Young and charged him with murder II just before noon on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-8-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It's not my usual 911 caller being shot story put it's just as bad. I was told when I lived down around Ar/Ok, I was told if you have to shoot someone, "WAIT" until they are in your house or drag them into your house after you shoot them. This leaves no room for misinterpretation as to the welcome status of someone in your house refusing to depart. Still a steaming shovelful of politics. If the circumstances are clear what's the problem? Glory seeking DA's looking for stats rather than truth in planning their political future on half truths and other people's bad lick. I have to tip my hat to the man in Texas(as well as the state of texas itself for condoning such acts) that shot 2 illegals robbing his neighbor's home with a hand shake of appreciation.

arkansasmatters.com

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

According to the link you posted the shooter followed the intruder into the yard and shot him.

I'm pretty sure self defence no longer applies if the aggressor is in retreat when you shoot them.

According to reports, 24-year-old Tyrone McAfee was trying to force open the back door of the residence with his shoulder, when Young began firing at him from inside the house.

Young then followed McAfee into the back yard and shot him several more times, police say.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Excerpt from the article....

According to reports, 24-year-old Tyrone McAfee was trying to force open the back door of the residence with his shoulder, when Young began firing at him from inside the house.
Young then followed McAfee into the back yard and shot him several more times, police say.

The Homeowner was inside his home and fired through the door.. and exited his home and put a few more bullets into the Perp.

It is sad but.. He screwed himself.. Should have waited until the Perp was in.

And by the way.......This is NOT ATS Worthy!

edit on 27-8-2012 by Youareallschizophrenic because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Youareallschizophrenic

And by the way.......This is NOT ATS Worthy!

Says the guy with 18 posts.

You are obviously an expert by now, so please enlighten us why this is not ATS worthy?
I really want to hear the basis for your statement.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I suspect even in Texas he would be in hot water. Once a person is leaving, it is not easy to claim fear for life and self defense and therefore use of deadly force.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Very unfortunate, but he should not have chased him.

Though knowing how the law works these days, that individual probably would have sued the homeowner had he not been chased down.

One of those situations where the person is between a rock and a hard place

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I support the home owner completely. Break into my house at your own peril.

Criminals these days have more rights then their victims.. A perp tried to break into my home once, I just watched him and waited for him to get inside. He was lucky he looked up before completely getting into my home. Once his foot hit my floor he would have kissed his ass goodbye.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I suspect even in Texas he would be in hot water. Once a person is leaving, it is not easy to claim fear for life and self defense and therefore use of deadly force.

If he is just fleeing you can't shoot him.
If he is fleeing and grabs you BBQ smoker off the back porch on his way... Well that's a different story!
Ain't no jury in Texas gonna convict a man for protecting his BBQ smoker!

edit on 27-8-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The other side of this, too, is that, generally speaking, anytime someone kills another, self-defense or not, the shooter is arrested.

What really matters is if A)the DA decides to pursue charges; and B)if the shooter is convicted.

Just being arrested does not mean that you are guilty.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
definitely should have waited until he was in the house.
I'm sure high emotion and adrenaline had a lot to do with him following the other guy out in the yard and firing more shots. sometimes it's just hard to keep your head in situations like that

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
A family friend who was an assistant DA in Oregon once told me that if I ever had to shoot someone on my property, to make sure to drag the body inside the house. That is the only way one is truly protected.

Not exactly the best advice for someone on that side of the law to give me, but true nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Should've dragged the guy a couple feet closer the house lol..

I wouldn't have shot him personally. But I would have chased him on foot and punched him for sure.
That's just how I roll. I need some kind of deterrent for all his buddies. That would be it.
I'll make sure you're still alive to tell everyone not to rob that house.

To the guy who said this is not ATS worthy,
ANY STORY that makes you think, WHAT WOULD I DO? Is ATS worthy.
Or, what would I do differently? Or how can I avoid this or that etc...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well I also have to wonder if the shooter was legally covered. What kind of pistol permit he have? Conceal & carry? The article did mention he had a different legal address. If he was staying at his girlfriends house depending on his permit type he may have not been legal to carry.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan

Originally posted by roadgravel

If he is just fleeing you can't shoot him.
If he is fleeing and grabs you BBQ smoker off the back porch on his way... Well that's a different story!
Ain't no jury in Texas gonna convict a man for protecting his BBQ smoker!

edit on 27-8-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

That's true about fleeing with property - I wonder how well it would stand up though. There is something about belief it cannot be recovered.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I doubt if Mr. Young or his GF will live in that house much longer. Gangsters have friends that will more than likely seek revenge for the murder of one of their homies.

More Blood will flow....

Live by the sword, die by the sword....Matthew 26:52

edit on 27-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Well I also have to wonder if the shooter was legally covered. What kind of pistol permit he have? Conceal & carry? The article did mention he had a different legal address. If he was staying at his girlfriends house depending on his permit type he may have not been legal to carry.

In my state a person just has to be allowed, has the right, to be on the premise.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled

Glory seeking DA's looking for stats rather than truth in planning their political future on half truths and other people's bad lick. I have to tip my hat to the man in Texas(as well as the state of texas itself for condoning such acts) that shot 2 illegals robbing his neighbor's home with a hand shake of appreciation.

arkansasmatters.com

This has been my experience as well. I have been in trouble for petty non-sense, just so that a particular DA could gain an edge over another in her local office. It's a shame.

~LR

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Still should not be charged with anything. He shouldn;t have talked to the cops in the first place except to say he was in fear for his life. But now that he has homeowner should say he was so scared and disoriented he thought the guy was coming at him again and then shut the hell up till he talks to a lawyer... Most states have a castle law you threaten harm on anyone on their property and they can kill you apparently Arkansas doesn't...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
I doubt if Mr. Young or his GF will live in that house much longer. Gangsters have friends that will more than likely seek revenge for the murder of one of their homies.

More Blood will flow....

Live by the sword, die by the sword....Matthew 26:52

edit on 27-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

I can understand where you are coming from, but what are you supposed to do? Flee from your home and let the perp(s) take what they want? Call the police and hope they get there in time?

People should be able to fight back, neighborhoods should be allowed to get together and take care of these gangsters.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join