It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Convention: Most Pro-Gun Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The Republican Convention in Tampa, Florida is set to unveil the most pro second ammendment platform ever. How do you guys feel about the second ammendment?

GOP set to OK most pro-gun platform ever by Paul Bedard
washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

I stand by it within reason. Just because it says we are all free to bear our own arms, that doesn't mean we all should be allowed carry around suitcase nukes. So, there is going to be a cutoff at some point. Assault weapons would be that cutoff for me, but I would reduce restrictions on regular firearms - the crooks have them anyway, so why do the more law-abiding among us need to be monitored 24/7 for having one?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I want a drone.

That would be a fair armament against what the gov has going lately.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
The Republican Convention in Tampa, Florida is set to unveil the most pro second ammendment platform ever. How do you guys feel about the second ammendment?

Pretty good.
Next question.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
In addition to the second ammendment. They also have "internet freedom" as part of their platform.

EXCLUSIVE: GOP Platform includes Internet Freedom, language indicates influence of Rand Paul and libertarian-Republicans By Josh Peterson

dailycaller.com... ns/

try to copy and paste the link "http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/24/exclusive-gop-platform-includes-internet-freedom-language-indicates-influence-of-rand-paul-and-libertarian-republic ans/"

Sorry the link to daily caller does not work try this one:

Republicans embrace Internet freedom, but what does that mean? by Jon Healey
www.latimes.com...
edit on 27-8-2012 by RELDDIR because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2012 by RELDDIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I dont buy it. Smells like propaganda from here.
It's clear as day to anyone paying attention that both left and right wish to disarm us all. The GOP is just saying this stuff now because of all the things happening, and people pointing fingers at gun owners. It's a tactic to win a vote, then retract the statement after voting has been completed.

Meh.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Romney is terribly anti-second amendment.

Unfortunately it's just political jargon they are spewing. They will still slip in more gun control.

But I don't mind.

I'll still have my guns regardless of who says I can or can't have them.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
How do you guys feel about the second ammendment?

I think it’s great I am going target shooting tomorrow but you know we really need to do something about these crazy people going on killing rampages I think we need a better mental health care system so we all can feel a little safer.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Doesn't anybody find it odd that the last two mass shootings have been in battle ground states? Wisconsin and Colorado. What state will come next?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

I don’t know that the two have anything to do with each other at least this is first I have heard anyone incorporating the two together. Why do you ask has something come out tying the two together?

top topics

join