It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else experiences weird graphics on ATS now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The pasts several minutes,k after reading for a while today on ATS, the printing has become an unreadable blue shade I can only read if I highlight it.

Images are in odd and funky spots too.

Is this board wide or a sudden out of the blue glitch on my end?
edit on 8/27/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Strangely enough, about ten-15 minutes after it started, it seems to be back to normal -- for now.

WTF happened??

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'd say your end

If your getting graphic glitches might want to check your video card
drivers and such.

Sometimes you might get odd glitches if you don't have a power supply that can handle what
you have int he box.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

My system can handle my video, that's not the problem I think.

w/e

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I was having a similar issue on another forum, i updated windows and everything was fine.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Only weird graphics i have seen is the advertisement of finding peoples arrest records and their suffering and anguish.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Happened to me earlier, for a little while the whole site was messed up for me, in Chrome I was just getting place holders for any graphics,, which covers the menu, reply and quote buttons etc, just had the place holder box but couldn't select anything. In firefox it just didn't display anything except the text.

I just left, came back about an hour later and everything was fine

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I saw this issue once with one of my own monitors when the cable was loose and it was dropping the red colors. I didn't realize it right away till I noticed other things looked odd too. Did/does the problem only effect the web page or have you checked to see if it's effecting the colors on your desktop?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Pretty sure that girl in the MEH T-shirt in that add steals a bit o my soul every time I see it before logging in.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is an example of just one of the weird things that happens ONLY on
ATS for me:

edit on 8/29/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
All other sites I visit show normal, it is a problem I have only been experiencing here on ATS.

It is off and on -- some times it is like above, sometimes completely unreadable, and sometimes "normal".

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

You using Opera. That browser has all sorts of issues on many of the sites I visit with it. I'm sure if you use Chrome or Firefox you wont see those issues. For whatever reason, opera gets confused between the various CSS and html5 elements on a page. I've seen the same issues when making my own web pages and eventually gave up using the browser all together. Opera used to be a very good browser back in the early days when it could pretend to be any browser you wanted it to be and could do a very good job of displaying pages the way a specific browser could. Now it's just a very poorly done browser and I've found others more stable and less of a hassle.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
All other sites I visit show normal, it is a problem I have only been experiencing here on ATS.

It is off and on -- some times it is like above, sometimes completely unreadable, and sometimes "normal".

It's those Damn Spyware Cookies, this Site is at the Vanguard of Spy Technology IMO...........

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Myth024

I have tried FF and chrome and even the dreaded IE.
Same issues off and on.

I do notice a lot of Opera bashers on ATS, though.
A previous thread I did on similar issues on ATS had a lot of people blaming Opera too until I posted pictures of all the other browsers doing it too.

(I should mention that my other comp does it too off and on)
edit on 9/9/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

If there was an issue with code not interacting with a browser correctly or some aspect of the site was coded incorrectly, I would guess that all browsers would have an issue. Most sites will dynamically generate a page based on php code, so the end result of a page "might" cause issues with random browsers but I would suspect that more people would have the issue. So I would venture to guess that it would have to be another element that all browsers have in common and might vary between computers. Two things I can think off off the top of my head is java and flash. I know that a recent flash update caused some elements of streaming audio to not work in rare occasions. Even rarer and a really way out there theory, is that a router is actually blocking some odd element from downloading correctly. I would infer that this happens if a site is offloading some content to a cdn network. It would then be that one element that prevents a web page from not dynamically rendering correctly. It's also possible that anti-spyware or anti-virus may be blocking something that causes pages to not work correctly either. Of course I don't know the exact cause of this so these are only possible places to look.

top topics

join