It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a bad feeling....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Excellent post. I have come to the exact conclusion in regards to prepping for tshtf type scenarios.
I have watched that doomsday preppers show and relaized that if a giant flood or nuke went off all that saving and preparing for the worst wouldn't mean squat.
If extraterrestrials invaded or if our government tried to kill us nazi style they both would have more guns and tech weapons to take out even the most prepared person/group.

I say you're better off just living in the moment also.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

Oh exactly, I hear ya. Forget about the past, forget about the future. Just enjoy today, that's all you got.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

I loved this post! It really makes sense. Maybe it is a GOOD thing to have this feeling. That way I can be prepared for anything that happens. And I could have enough supplies to help other too. Thank you!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Well said! And so true. it doesn't matter how prepared you are, if someone comes with a gun and you can't protect yourself, then they have all your supplies. Thats why weapons would be a good thing. I just can't imagine having to kill someone.

The only thing that keeps me from really freaking out is that I believe that God will be with me and my family. Maybe he is telling me to prepare
I just hope i will be able to help other people if something does happen.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

TBH, if i stocked up every time i had a bad feeling, id have enough supplies to fuel an army for probably a year
. But sersiously welcome to ATS, if its not the end of the world in 48 hours*, it means there is a mass internet outage

* Doom and gloom only available in selected forums.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

If you are going to stock up on anything...

Make it tequila and party the bad feelings away. Guns, survival food and water are fine but will only remind you of your fear.

One day at a time...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Interesting
I feel the same tbh
Personally i think thats just the hype of 2012 playing with my head with all the movie signs, Mayan calender...etc
But maybe you are right, better safe than sorry i guess.
Sadly we don't have guns over here.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

In spite of my glibness, I to am concerned for the future and that of my babies. I have prepared as best I can. I have a little bit of a lot of things, in my opinion though, the truth of the matter is if everything goes really sideways we are all in for it. With our just in time warehousing and delivery system we might all be eating the leather handles off our briefcases before you can say sacred procreation. See if you can find like minded individuals to network with and formulate a plan. just my five sparrows worth

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SeesFar

WOW. That is one of the best posts I have read lately. In fact, you very eloquently put into words what I feel but have not been able to...

I too have had a feeling that "something is coming" and it may not necessarily be "good" (by traditional definitions). However, I have no fear or panic about it. Maybe it is because I am a retired history teacher but I am very interested in understanding and observing it all. Like I am literally "watching history" and I want record it in my experience.

But like you, I also think it is "good" that I have this feeling. Like I am not in the dark and that is good, However, I don't feel like there is anything at all I can do to control these things. Therefore, I am just kind of watching events as they unfold and simply have some sort of "faith" that what will be, will be. Neither inherently "good" or "bad". It just "is".

Don't get me wrong, Isaac was supposed to come here and I bought some extra water, PB&J, bread, and I filled up my car with gas. But with absolutely no panic. And now it is heading somewhere completely different. So, I was somewhat "prepared" for this storm like I am somewhat "prepared" for whatever else may be coming. But I just have no angst about whatever "it" is...

edit on 27-8-2012 by nicevillegrl because: grammar

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Weapons will not be of use..stick to the Food and Water and Medical Supply and Cash on Hand.and keep youre Gas Tank full in Car...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicevillegrl

I too have had a feeling that "something is coming" and it may not necessarily be "good" (by traditional definitions). However, I have no fear or panic about it. Maybe it is because I am a retired history teacher but I am very interested in understanding and observing it all. Like I am literally "watching history" and I want record it in my experience.

But like you, I also think it is "good" that I have this feeling. Like I am not in the dark and that is good, However, I don't feel like there is anything at all I can do to control these things. Therefore, I am just kind of watching events as they unfold and simply have some sort of "faith" that what will be, will be. Neither inherently "good" or "bad". It just "is".

Don't get me wrong, Isaac was supposed to come here and I bought some extra water, PB&J, bread, and I filled up my car with gas. But with absolutely no panic. And now it is heading somewhere completely different. So, I was somewhat "prepared" for this storm like I am somewhat "prepared" for whatever else may be coming. But I just have no angst about whatever "it" is...

edit on 27-8-2012 by nicevillegrl because: grammar

Thank you, teacher of history. How nice that you caught what I was trying to say. =) Yes, both history and prophecy has shown us what is to come but so few want to learn the lessons of history nor heed the warnings of prophecy. Something is coming ~ what that 'something' may be, no one of us can know for sure. Some will make come through it; some will not. Some areas will be spared; some will not. We will each be right where we are supposed to be when it happens.

For myself, I do believe in a little preparation - I do not believe our federal agencies would be telling us to be prepared were there not some reason to be prepared. I think I said "EMP" in my other post when I meant "CME," but, at the end of the day, there's not much difference in what the two of those things will do, really. And what of it can we change? Nothing. Sufficient is the day's own trouble, right?

Historically speaking, I currently view us as teetering on the edge of a calamitous cross between a Crash that will make '29 and '08 look like a cakewalk, the inflationary situation in which the Weimar Republic found itself, the seemingly insurmountable conflicts within the populace ..... all of it coupled with natural disaster(s). We will see how it plays out. The biggest 'decider' in the game will be how many Americans can set aside all differences and see one another as just Americans ... as people ... as fellow human beings.

But, to keep on topic, I sincerely do view these feelings people are getting as GOOD feelings - it is all the 'doomsday' hype that make people misinterpret their feelings of the need to prepare as 'bad' feelings. Listen to the small, still voice inside you - if your heart and your gut tell you to prepare, then prepare. And, should it turn out that you do not need it for a disaster, well, there are options as to what can be done with it once you know for certain that it is unneeded.

That said, I do NOT view that which is coming as something 'good' - it is neither 'good' nor 'bad' - as you said, it simply "is."

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You aren't alone. I'm sure a lot of us feel this way. I sure do. I don't watch TV or listen to the radio so its definitely not the media making me feel this sense of dread and anxiety. I feel this way because of the things I see from day to day like the overbearing police presence, and the military playing urban war games ect. I just wish I had more time to prepare.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
i also had this feeling about..ooh twelve, thirteen years ago?

the thing that's different--is even back then at the old age of 40 or so i thought it might be a good thing to listen to those 'voices'...

tried az--way too 'hot' as far as ah..'funny' things go..so i put my finger on a map and looked at the most essential thing that i felt, even in a 'elevated' state(oh please)i could not create..namely pure water(or as pure as i could get in north america)

with water comes food, of course, and, once you come to terms with that this possibility may very well occur in our lifetime, i would guess that the logical move would be to somewhere where one could 'ride out the storm'. just saying..

i mean,. if you never act on any of the feelings you get? yeah, of course, our Lord will help you out..but you may be helping from the 'other side' ::rolleyes:: is all i am saying..

in other words, like i say to my five year old granddaughter. pay attention..

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Either way Comrade, stock up. Food prices are going to skyrocket very soon. The Kulaks on wall St. love to make money on others misery and will soon be be driving commodities prices up with speculation, all the while the idiots in Washington have mandate a good portion of the corn crop to ethanol production. Stock up better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well, I'm gonna go fill my gas tank and gas cans. I heard gas prices are gonna go up because of ISAAC. I seems they look for any excuse to raise the gas prices :/ Anyway, I'm going to town to start buying supplies. I hope I buy the right kinda foods. I decided from reading all your posts that I am not going to panic or lose sleep over this. I;m going to prepare the best that I can and just see what happens.

I know to get tuna, peanut butter and stuff like that. If you have any other ideas of good things that I need to get please let me know. Thanks for all your comments. I did feel better after reading them. I'm not as anxious, just gonna be ready for whatever happens.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join