It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a bad feeling....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm not sure why, but I have been feeling like we all should be stocking up of food, water, and supplies. That includes weapons. I don't think the world is coming to an end but I just can't explain what I feel. I can't get it out of my mind. I am even one of those girls that doesn't really like guns but I'm feeling like we're gonna need them.

I do feel something bad may happen soon. Maybe not even anything that people have been talking about. Has anyone else been having this feeling? I pray that I'm just being paranoid, that there's nothing to these weird feelings i've been having.I know I sound lame but It's been bothering me and just thought if I could talk to some one about it I might feel better. Thanks for listening

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There are plenty of these exact same threads already. Perhaps go there and discuss with others already discussing this.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Too much TV perhaps?

Cable is full of shows that talk of such things as stocking up, building shelters, etc.

It all feeds the paranoia that something "big" is about to happen, when the facts don't point that direction at al.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBit111
I'm not sure why, but I have been feeling like we all should be stocking up of food, water, and supplies.

We get a lot of that around here.
Maybe you just need to walk away from the comp, turn off the TV and just stare at the clouds and day dream.
It's not a bad thing to be prepared, but don't let it consume you.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Perhaps you need to spend some time away from ATS and in the real world.

A lot of people here would have you believe every other Thursday is going to be doomsday.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

Well since just about every agency known to man has TOLD us we should now stock up on water and food and emergency supplies, I guess there is good reason to think so!

I do notice I get "Bad feelings" from time to time, but I soon learned they come and go...think it is a hormone thing or something, maybe the electromagnetic field and the solar storms, we are having some reaching us right now.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Stick around here more and you will want to stock up on even more food, water and weapons...LOL

It makes sense for everyone to have a stock pile of items whether there is an impending disaster or not.

My two cents.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by namine

A lot of people here would have you believe every other Thursday is going to be doomsday.

Excuse me,...thats every Tuesday I am sure it is!

edit on 27-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: sp

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Excuse me,...thats ever Tuesday I am sure it is!

YIKES!! THAT'S TOMORROW!!

better stock up on water, food, and weapons!

welcome to ATS

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I havnt had any bad feelings, but its a good idea to have extra supplies on hand such as food and water.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Excuse me,...thats ever Tuesday I am sure it is!

Wait, tomorrow is Tuesday and I live in southern a-whole-lotta-shakn'-going-on California.
Great, now I have a bad feeling

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Thanks guys, you have lightened up my mood.
Maybe it is too much tv and computer. It's just with everyone saying we need to stock up and the weird and scary things going on in this world, It's got me shaken up a bit. Thanks for listening to me and being so nice.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If you change your thread title to "I have a feeling I want to be bad", it would get a lot nicer replies.

BTW, stockpile before the cold gets here. This winter is going to suck.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

No, it will be the third Thursday from the next Blue moon. Of this I am almost positive... big LOL

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Hahaha! I literally laughed out loud!! I do think I will start getting extra food when I go to the store. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

Apologies, it's hard to keep up with all these dates

ATS can be a scary please indeed. Glad we stopped the OP from falling deeper into the abyss.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Even though I agree that to much doom and gloom can make you paranoid....as some have pointed out...

I don't blame you.

When you have in black and white..no disputing any of it....like Raub being taken away for FB post, TSA/DHS buying up ammo, ect, extreme Weather like " No ONE " has seen..ever, Bush/Obama Tarp, Bail out, 911,

And omg I could on and on...which I will,

CDC causing panic over H191..gives out flu shots that haven't been tested no more then 6 months,Over 600 CEO's resigning in Banking in the last yr, Soro's buying up tons of gold, betting HUGE on Euro collapse, dumping stocks, 30 EQ's hits Cali in one day, NDAA,

OMG I COULD GO ON AND ON....

How are you not suppose to see, * this way something comes* and it ain't pretty!!! Again..this is all fact...not something you've conjured up in your mind watching " Big Brother " or " House wives " if you didn't have an emergency plan for you and your family..you would be stupid. I would also find someone that can take you target practicing so you know how to work a gun to defend yourself if necessary.

Buy some seeds, extra water. Knowing where there's an artisan well near you is better. Print out how to make fuel for generators, ect...again..IMO ...you would be stupid not to follow your instinct. As a women, and a person that can sense things...I'll always trust that. If nothing happens....Yeaaaaaaaaaa but if it does...your ready!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

See! This is what I'm talking about. When all this is going on and I read more and more about what's happening I get all freaked out! So many things are crazy right now. The government, the oil prices, wars, the weather, weird things like EQ's in uncommon places and more active, mysterious sounds in the sky, UFO crap that I'm not sure what to think about! Whew... it's just too much to think about. I wanna go dig a hole in the ground and crawl in.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBit111
I'm not sure why, but I have been feeling like we all should be stocking up of food, water, and supplies. That includes weapons. I don't think the world is coming to an end but I just can't explain what I feel. I can't get it out of my mind. I am even one of those girls that doesn't really like guns but I'm feeling like we're gonna need them.

I do feel something bad may happen soon. Maybe not even anything that people have been talking about. Has anyone else been having this feeling? I pray that I'm just being paranoid, that there's nothing to these weird feelings i've been having.I know I sound lame but It's been bothering me and just thought if I could talk to some one about it I might feel better. Thanks for listening

As others on here have said, many at this site (and other sites) speak of these 'bad feelings' when they believe they're being told to stock up on food, water, etc. I do not question that you or others are getting these feelings, but I often wonder why people who receive these messages/feelings believe the messages/feelings are 'bad.'

I often wonder if you and others who have these feelings consider that it could be a 'good' thing you are being told by the Higher Power to do something for yourself and your loved ones?

As another poster stated, several federal agencies have been telling people to have emergency supplies on hand; even up to 3 months worth, in some cases. There are over 308 million Americans - the federal agencies cannot possibly take care of everyone, right?

It is our individual responsibility to take care of ourselves and our loved ones. So, rather than see it as a 'bad' feeling, perhaps you could see it as a 'good' thing that Someone cares enough for you to burden your heart with a responsibility that could, ultimately, save you and others.

Look at what is going on just right now: the current hurricane is taking the same track Katrina took 7 years ago; we are having swarms of EQs in California, there is serious drought in thousands of counties across the Country and there have been (and still are) fires going on. What if, just by some random coincidence, Hurricane Issac hits with a terrible vengeance while California simultaneously erupts in the worst EQs in history? We cannot know if that will happen, can we? It's probably not likely, but it would certainly be possible. How can law enforcement, federal agencies, the Red Cross, rescues, etc. be in both places at once? They simply cannot.

And, certainly not least, we are approaching the maximum of the current solar awakening cycle, which is said to peak some time between now and 2014. Science cannot predict whether or not a big EMP will strike nor how long it would take to have the grid back up and running. And, since nothing can be done about it, why worry?

So, while we cannot change or control the weather and/or nature/earth/solar cycles, we can at least listen to the little whisperings we receive and heed them. Later, you can say 'thank you' for this good advice you were given or, if you don't need the stored food, all items that are not out of date can be donated to homeless shelters, women's shelters, missionary services, etc.

Maybe it really is a GOOD feeling you've been given, but all the doom and gloom that is published makes it seem 'bad?' How good might you and others feel to know you've listened to the urgings you feel to prepare and you have food, water, a few medical supplies - things that will help yourself, your loved ones and even total strangers - in the event of an emergency?

Life happens. It is not a 'bad' thing to be aware of it and ready, just in case. Just another perspective for you to consider. =)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I tend to agree. I think that generally speaking people have become WAY TO RELIANT on the system. They have no back up plan. No extra NOTHING. So if the SHTF then 99% of people would be screwed.

But I heard sort of a saying that goes like this:

Those that are unprepared will last a yr
Those that are will last 2-3 years
Those that have there own farm or acerage but no knowledge of being self sufficent will last maybe 2-3 yrs

Only these nut jobs that have both the preping and the practiced know how and knowledge will last long term. Then then all it takes is a dude with a gun to go in and take over there acerage. So it's madness when you think about it. It's not even worth preping. If the SHTF and you die, so what. Thats' life. You got to go out some how right! Funer to go out in a SHTF scenario than slowly by old age or decease.

But ultimately life is way to short to go threw it being one of those people that are like "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!" All you have to do is come to the realization that everyone, prepped or unpreped is gonna die at some point. Some sooner some later. And if you know your creator than it's all okay. If you don't, then you got to get on that asap before it's too late.

edit on 27-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join