It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to the moon, we never went, was scared off, still going!?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scooter591

Originally posted by spaceg0at
the thing that bothers me is the lack of moon missions in MY lifetime.

If you would like us to go back to the Moon, sign this petition. We currently spend 17 billion on a space program that only goes to LEO.

Did you count the Curiosity rover and the amazing delivery of that to Mars?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at
the thing that bothers me is the lack of moon missions in MY lifetime.

im looking at it from the perspective that they say we went there and there is no need to go there anymore..

i dont believe that. there is plenty of reason to go there, its the moon.

We went there, determined that there was no oil, and never bothered to go back...

Seriously though, we have explored less of our deep oceans than the moon, and we don't go there much either. The reason goes back to my first remark. There is not enough profit to be made from the expenditures at the time. It was more important, and profitable, to do near Earth missions dealing with things that we need, such as satellites. As our spacecraft are custom made by thousands of contractors, and we can only support one such mission at a time, we chose to go with the Space Shuttle as the most necessary and profitable program for the time.

Again though, no aliens have “scared” us out of deep ocean exploration, and that is more accessible, and more profitable then the moon, yet we still don't operate there much either because of the costs.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The reason NASA has not been back to the moon is because there is no funding for it. The money went to funding something else, such as the space shuttle project. Continued funding for the moon program had no military value.

Oops, Defcon 5 post before I did.
edit on 6-6-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by eManym

I think plans for the Shuttle program is exactly why the Apollo program was wrapped up. And remember that the original purpose of the Shuttle was for military goals, such as the delivery of nuclear payloads and spying. The day USA stops making its military interests the utmost priority, is the day we will be going to the Moon and Mars like we're meant to.

Since the WW2 ended, was there ever the need to pump the vast majority of budget into arms and global military presence?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
reply to post by eManym

I think plans for the Shuttle program is exactly why the Apollo program was wrapped up. And remember that the original purpose of the Shuttle was for military goals, such as the delivery of nuclear payloads and spying. The day USA stops making its military interests the utmost priority, is the day we will be going to the Moon and Mars like we're meant to.

Since the WW2 ended, was there ever the need to pump the vast majority of budget into arms and global military presence?

I agree wholeheartedly, explore a little, fight a little, or fight a lot, depending on your point of view.
The good ole war machine, lets keep feeding it, and forget the stars.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
You OP i guess must have already seem the documentary (I dont remember the name but its quite famous one). So I am just saying that the landing is not fake as the Documentary which denies the landing has actually the moon landing proofs hidden in it. You just need to look at it with open eyes. Anyways, According to my opinion The conspiracy itself is the conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by konig
You OP i guess must have already seem the documentary (I dont remember the name but its quite famous one). So I am just saying that the landing is not fake as the Documentary which denies the landing has actually the moon landing proofs hidden in it. You just need to look at it with open eyes. Anyways, According to my opinion The conspiracy itself is the conspiracy.

Nope, did not see the documentary, yep, I believe we landed on the moon.

I do believe I have neglected this thread since its posting, couldn't hardly get a word in anyway...
edit on 7-6-2013 by laughingdog because: Adjustment.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: laughingdog Just thought I would beat this dead horse until it gets up and dances. Caught this video and thought it would go well with this post. m.youtube.com...
And another fine vid.m.youtube.com...

edit on 17-9-2014 by laughingdog because: More content added.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join