It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All 2012 Survivalists (especially those with fallout shelters)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hi survivalists,

I've been really interested in the 2012 survivalist movements for a while now and am preparing to write an article about the set-ups people have prepared for 2012 and other such doomsday situations. For this article I'll need to interview doomsday survivalists and I thought here would be the best place to find some.

I'm interested in why people do this, what preserves they have, how they train for the doomsday, their personal beliefs on what will happen in 2012. Also it'd be great to interview those who actually have fallout shelters and images they're willing to share of what they've amassed.

If you'd be interested in this please drop me a DM, I'd really love to get in touch with some hardcore survivalists.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

After watching a couple of episodes of "Doomsday Preppers" on the
discovery channel.I don't think you will get too many replies here.

Even more so since you used the term heretics in the post following
this.
edit on 27-8-2012 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm not trying to interview or poke fun at heretics. I am genuinely interested in people who feel that something may happen and are preparing for it. I don't see this as something so terrible.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

A good prepper, is a secretive prepper....just sayin'....

Des

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
Hi survivalists,

I've been really interested in the 2012 survivalist movements for a while now and am preparing to write an article about the set-ups people have prepared for 2012 and other such doomsday situations. For this article I'll need to interview doomsday survivalists and I thought here would be the best place to find some.

I'm interested in why people do this, what preserves they have, how they train for the doomsday, their personal beliefs on what will happen in 2012. Also it'd be great to interview those who actually have fallout shelters and images they're willing to share of what they've amassed.

If you'd be interested in this please drop me a DM, I'd really love to get in touch with some hardcore survivalists.

If I were a prepper, I wouldn't tell you squat...no offense.

I'm sure you mean well and it is a interesting subject.

But people who prep need to keep this info to themselves when it concerns...well, themselves.

Otherwise through just a few innocent questions and their pride, they may face a threat that they're not prepared for in a TEOTWAWKI event.

Look through the ATS survival forum. I now know of all sorts of food and shelter sites, because the people that made them posted them on-line...with pics.

Pride is a terrible thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

A good prepper, is a secretive prepper....just sayin'....

Des

You got that DES, No one's gonna get my stash!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I have no reason to try and survive...

I believe in destiny, which means that even if i were to dig a huge underground duplex for a few buddies, their families, and mine, and the people close to me. I feel as though it'd be inevitable either way.

Another reason would be, would you want to survive knowing that most of the people you love and care about have perished, with no structured government or leadership, no rules, and complete and total survival is the only thing that would rule in this world?

A lot of people would actually say yes to this, and that is the scary part.
I see them as turning out to be something to the effect of Raiders from "Fallout 3"

Mike

new topics

top topics

join