It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion: The Root of all Evil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
very well said ....Toltec............

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
As I understand it the word "ditto" in this case applies Helen.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Maybe somebody has said it already but i believe the root of all evil is money.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It isn't the money that is the root, but the GREED for it. GREED is the very foundation of religion. Religion was created as a tool of control.... If you don't do as I say, you will be damned and suffer for all eternity. If you do as I say, you shall be rewarded in the afterlife with bliss. That's pretty much the basic tenet of most religions. Thus, when something is not desirable in your followers, you simply connect it with damnation. Likewise, when a behavior is desired, you connect it with salvation. It's like giving a dog a treat to perform a trick, and the fact that the majority of the world's population continues to fall for it, rather sickens me at times...

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

The root of all evil is man.
Man creates everything that harms himself.

Nature plays it's part in the great scheme of things but the fact is that most of our suffering is created by ourselves.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Man, someone is digging in the archives again

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Agreed Leveller, and well said.

Man is the 'root' to all; it is Man who is ultimately responsable. Its the policy of denial that allows anyone to think otherwise.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I agree
Man is the root of evil.
Its our own moral decisions that decide our fates in the "grand scheme of things".
God and Religion in thier utter absolute have done no harm, its man that had harmed God and Religion.
We create poverty, we create wealth.
We create these in our hearts, souls and minds.
Deep

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I thought money was the root of all evil.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Is not money a material thing based on Man's needs, wants, desires, and a value system of position. etc.?

Money is a creation of Man.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

I gotta admit. I quite often use that phrase when writing about a shallower subject.

But anything that man creates cannot be evil unless he makes it so when he uses it.
Man is therefore the starting point - the root.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I used to think money was the root of all evil, but latley, Im reconsidering this position.

I now consider ignorance the root of all evil. Ignorance of mankinds past, ignorance of our true creation. Ignorance of the reality that is imposed on us. Ignorance of how corrupting greed is.

And presently, in the US, ignorance of the true threat to this country, and the world.

Yep, I think the root of all evil, is ignorance. A ignorance that is held in place by secret societies.

[Edited on 26-6-2003 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   
People who call money the root of all evil don't have it. - Boiler Room

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
I used to think money was the root of all evil, but latley, Im reconsidering this position.

I now consider ignorance the root of all evil. Ignorance of mankinds past, ignorance of our true creation. Ignorance of the reality that is imposed on us. Ignorance of how corrupting greed is.

And presently, in the US, ignorance of the true threat to this country, and the world.

Yep, I think the root of all evil, is ignorance. A ignorance that is held in place by secret societies.

All Seeing Eye. To be perfectly honest, I have never thought of it as 'ignorance'. That is deep.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
So this "smart" author mainly blames Islam and Christianity for wars? Sure, but who were the aggressors? Islam was. And whose Holy Book says to forcefully convert people? Koran does.
In fact, there is nothing violent in Christianity, it even says to take non-believers into your society, its people's ignorance which makes it corrupt, but then again, those are people who only think they are christians.
Its funny how people start to generalize whole picture without having any idea what are they talking about.

I wonder why he put old-testament quotes completely out of context and not new testament?
It is a typical example of putting man in place of God.
Did not Jesus died for us? Also, miracles related to christianity are happening every day, and there are multiple thousands of them documented I wonder if that poor ignorant man with his endless wisdom can explain that.
It is obvious that money is his god and nothing good can be expected to come out from such person.

P.S. Did he just said something good about Bill Gates and Microsoft the axis of evil?

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Have to agree with illmatic67.

But there is a line from a Slayer song.
"Root of all evil is the heart of a black soul
a force that has lived for eternity"

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

exactly.
ignorance is darkness. knowledge is light.
ignorance endangers. knowledge protects.
evil is the root of all evil.
some sitcoms may be partly responsible.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
And I wouldnt put any faith in the saying "What you dont know, cant hurt you" It was probably instituted by a Mason........

What you dont know, CAN HURT YOU, ALLOT!!!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

Actually, the quote in scripture is that "LOVE of money is the root of all evil"...It's the concept that someone who comes to love his fellow human beings *less* than something else will lead to him causing others to suffer.

I've really got nothing bad to say about religion (any religion)...What I have problems with is *organized* religion & those individuals in it who *use* religion for their selfishness.

Originally posted by Gazrok
It isn't the money that is the root, but the GREED for it. GREED is the very foundation of religion. Religion was created as a tool of control.... If you don't do as I say, you will be damned and suffer for all eternity. If you do as I say, you shall be rewarded in the afterlife with bliss.

Not all religions will espouse such an afterlife existance...Many belive in perpetual reincarnation (or until the soul gets it right & leaves the birth/death/rebirth cycle & reaches heaven). Others believe that the so-called "heaven" happens to be nothing more than the human soul merging with the spiritworld. Take a look at a few other religions so see what they believe in before you start to say that it all has to be THIS way or THAT way for *everybody*.

Originally posted by billybob
ignorance is darkness. knowledge is light.
ignorance endangers. knowledge protects.
evil is the root of all evil.
some sitcoms may be partly responsible.

Heh! This is a lot like the Jedi Code:
There is no emotion; There is peace.
There is not ignorance; There is knowledge.
There is no passion; There is serenity.
There is no death; There is the Force.

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Religion signifies a group of people who think their truth is better or more accurate than other people's truth. By definition Religion is judgmental, selfish, and small-minded.

There is more to life than believing some old book or set of instructions.

There are 38,000 Christian denominations. Why? Because the Bible is so damn vague that anyone can make it mean anything he or she wants.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join