It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion: The Root of all Evil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I think we can all agree that poverty is the main contributor to all sorts of evils, such as crime, hunger, suffering of all sorts and even mental illness can be attributed to poverty at least in part. But where does poverty come from? Who creates poverty? Who is responsible for poverty? Is there an invisible poverty factory?

--- EDIT ---

Link to this essay on Solomon's website:
www.authorzone.com...

Please link to material already existing on the Internet.

[Edited on 28-4-2003 by William]

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
people will always write pages upon pages about '''How religion is Evil'''and it will get them ...no where........

It is not God who made religion Evil........it is our lack of faith and our turning away from what is beneficial to us in the long term.........

People can choose to become whatever or do whatever, but WE all end up in the ground...........im afraid there's no '''REINCARNATION'' of coming back as a better person or whatever it may call itself..........
iF TRUE'''Reincarnation'' then should not the whole world be of Rightous people and goodness everywhere........???

This thread is exactly similar to another!
Pages of disputes about ''''Religion'' being the Evil culprit..........

It is Mankind that is Evil..............It is wanting power.....
.....It is Avarice......(the love of money)that is Evil...........

God is not responsible for corrupt human nature...............it is People wanting to become God and ''RISE ABOVE HIM'' which will never happen.......

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Misuse of religion has been a great contributer to things evil. For without Evil there can be no Good. Everything has its opposittes, kind like how every actions has a reaction.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
>>>>>>>>people will always write pages upon pages about '''How religion is Evil'''and it will get them ...no where........>>It is not God who made religion Evil........it is our lack of faith and our turning away from what is beneficial to us in the long term.........>>>People can choose to become whatever or do whatever, but WE all end up in the ground...........im afraid there's no '''REINCARNATION'' of coming back as a better person or whatever it may call itself..........
iF TRUE'''Reincarnation'' then should not the whole world be of Rightous people and goodness everywhere........???

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Man that # is way to long to read. Man is just... Evil. Men use religion for control. They warp the true message of it because people don't go out and read for themselves. They allways want someone else to tell them what is right and wrong. There is one thing that I know is that the truth is with in us. Why do you think that we have spent the last 13 year trying to decoded human DNA... To find the Truth.

Solomon Tulbure i see that you don't believe in GOD so i won't try to preach to you. The reason that I believe in a higher power is because it would be arrogant not to. This place that we exist in, this place called earth exist in a solar system that is connected and dependent on the sun. Our sun is one of billions in this galaxy we call the milky way. The Milky Way is only one of Billions of galaxies in this universe. and our universe may be only one of many other universes. So you see to think that we are the greatest beings in this reality is like living in an illusion. There is something greater out there and within us and that is GOD the essences of everything.

[Edited on 28-4-2003 by abstract_alao]

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reincarnation............im just talking about how people beleive that they will be reincarnated back to earth as someone or something.......

If reincarnation is so ''true''' as they say it is, then why is the world in the state it's in..........if reincarnation is supposedly true...........where is the goodness in humanity.........

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Wow. You don't seem to understand how most people have both other things to do, and also suffer from short attention span!

Religion isn't the root of all evil, and that statement standing alone makes no sense. Neither does your taking verses out of the Christian religion, having them stand alone and without the rest of the teachings of the Judeo-Christian God and trying to build a case.

What does religion contribute? It lays out the ethics and morals and gives them a foundation. It also gives structure to society. Taking them out of context as you have done does not disprove this, it only allows you to attempt to build a case against religion in general, and obviously, your cae against the Judeo-Christian belief in specific.

Poverty is not caused by religion. If you are not living up to your expectations, I highly suggest you find the real reason so that you might excel in whatever field you choose.

Evil is not caused by religion, certainly not the Judeo-Christian religion. Evil (taking Satan out of the picture for this response) can be summed up in one word - self. Good can be summed up in one word as well, taking the Divine Creator out of the picture for one moment) - others. It's not necessary to take the Divine Creator out of the picture for that, as He wants us to look at life in that way. He wants us to be considerate of others' needs and feelings.

Blaming religion on everything from poverty to evil is baseless, and I can use the same book to prove you wrong, but I won't take the time since you probably aren't interested and it would turn into a novel larger than yours, and as I said, most suffer from short attention span.
What were we talking about?

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
We can only arrive and mature so fast, remember patience is a virtue.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I've read what you put, let me put it very bluntly
I will have to dissagree with you big time.

Because the Illuminati have been consider by millions to be a f*ck up religion.

So by saying that you condem yourself.

Good Luck

P.S. Religion has united humanity to have great civilizations. - Including your Illuminati

[Edited on 4/28/2003 by FoxStriker]

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
By quoting the bible a person only proves that he has learned nothing from it. For it takes a strong mind to understand its true meaning not to be taken literally but as a scripture of enlightenment to be used to better society not to judge.

For those who believe in God, God is the ultimate Judge and to presume to judge others peoples life styles is not our arena. Its not for us to Judge but let God do it when Those who have committed truely wrong act have to be judged at the gates of heaven.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have found that any person that I have ever met who has the Lord Jesus Chist in thier life is on a path of rightousness and has love for all who he/she encounters. I dont think evil is in the promises of the Lord. He mentions evil and squashing the head of the evil one, but I dont think for a min. that this religion is the cause of evil. Maybe the belief that the Muslims have...that if you comit suicide and kill 20 people doing so in the name of thier god and that if by doing this pleases this god....that you will have 20 virgins waiting for you in heaven for doing this deed?????? Now I think that this religion just might be instigateing a little evil.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Solomon your signature is horribly wrong.

There are some here who are members of the same organization that George Washington, Ben Franklin, John Hancock and many of the Founding Fathers were from.

And all of them would agree with me when I say your signature is the proof of your falacy.

This nation's builders, some were dietists, but many others were Christians, like Ben Franklin, George Washington, and none of them were Atheist.

All of them believe that ALL religions share the same "good" in them, which is why Freemasonry *that order they all belonged to* doesn't discriminate based on religion.

Learn your history. And you'll see clearer.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Amen!

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HKoT
Solomon your signature is horribly wrong.

There are some here who are members of the same organization that George Washington, Ben Franklin, John Hancock and many of the Founding Fathers were from.

And all of them would agree with me when I say your signature is the proof of your falacy.

This nation's builders, some were dietists, but many others were Christians, like Ben Franklin, George Washington, and none of them were Atheist.

All of them believe that ALL religions share the same "good" in them, which is why Freemasonry *that order they all belonged to* doesn't discriminate based on religion.

Learn your history. And you'll see clearer.

All of your statements are incorrect. But let's not bother discussing the truth, your fear is blocking it out.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
God you really are thick headed aren't you?

Here...have a read at Ben Franklin's epitaph.

acts413.org...

Yeah that's sure the sign of a true Atheist...RESSURECTION! LOL

I do believe you should relook at history, the founding fathers would probably slap you in the face, for the cowardice exposed by not backing up your statements when I clearly showed how they are wrong

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Helen with respect to reincarnation a translation of Buddhist text which best fits and interpretation related to Christian philosophy. Is that the war in heaven never really ended it is still being fought on earth.

Earth can be understood from the context of a rainbow in relation to its relationship to heaven. As such this planet is an aspect of heaven and what we reincarnate into is a battlefield, between the forces of evil and the forces of good.

Just wanted to point that out

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
was referring to ''hindu'' which they beleive that the world is becoming better because we learn from our mistakes...based on 'reincarnation''' i was told...

Toltec, yes the battle is still being fought............but i beleive that the battle is within us now at a much stronger force.........we are battling with evil '''spiritual warfare'''...........it is ''subtle''and more dangerous because you cannot see it...........
But thank you ........

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Would say at this point Helen that Buddhist and Christians have something in common

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   

The Way Of Humility and Forgiveness

chapter 47......
''The softest thing in the universe.''said the Ancient Sage,
''Overcomes the hardest thing in the universe.
The stiff and unbending is the disciple of death,
The gentle and yielding is the disciple of life.
A tree that is unbending is easily broken.
The hard and the strong will fall.
The soft and weak will overcome.'''

If a painfull experience comes upon a humble soul,
She bends and thus remains whole.
Straightaway she goes against herself,
Straightaway she accuses herself,

And she does not set about accusing anyone else.
Thus she goes on her way,
Untroubled,undepressed, in complete peace of mind,
Having no cause to be angry or to anger anyone.

Therefore,said the Sage:
''Mix with all that is humble as dust.
This is called the original harmony.

It cannot be made intimate,nor can it be alienated.
It cannot be benefited, nor can it be harmed.
It cannot be exalted, nor can it be debased.
For this very reason it is the highest, most valuable thing in the world'''.

The humble soul, at one with the dust of the earth,
Knows the power behind saying,""Forgive me'''
She is among the strongest in the world,
For nothing is more powerful than lowliness.

chapter 47
1-2 Tao Teh Ching,ch.43(Gia-fu-Feng,trans.)
3-7 Ibid..,ch.76.........

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
ST will be honest with you there probably was a time in history in which what you feel in important was something to be reckoned with.

But that time has passed, like the Greek gods what you feel has value was something incredible a very long time ago. Today we call it Magic and pay money to see performers display how good they are at making it seem real.

As Jesus said render unto Caesar what is his.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join