It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye: Creationism is not appropriate for children.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

But what do I know?

That is what I am wondering. What do you think your post to me actually said?
How do you think you answered my question?
Why did you even bother?
What exactly do you know that could pertain?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
BILL NYE has always been, and always will forever be a hero in my eyes.

this man taught me SCIENCE!
SCIENCE RULES!

not to mention, they had AWESOME music videos...

but really, Bill Nye made science AWESOME. loved the "do it at home" experiments too.

so yeah. Bill Nye is the über-scientist of my childhood. and I agree with his statement.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by Ironclad
I remember a while ago I was in a museum looking at Dinosaur fossils when a creationist school group came through.

I remember the teachers explaining to the children that these giant monsters were walking the earth just a few hundred years ago with the native australians and the other mega-fauna (must have been pretty croweded out on those open planes).

Funny that the Aboriginals have no memory passed down from their ancestors or in cave paintings of such beastsa walking amongst them (with the exeption of mega-Fauna).

I remember asking the lecturer where he studied and what qualifications he had and the reply was masters degree in bible science...

This is an actual academic form of study for this day and age?

So it isn't just aAmerica where this primitive view of the world exists.

What some of our children (our future leaders) are being taught is just frightening..!!
edit on 8/28/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/28/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

Your not that smart or correct
This is an image of a dinosaur painted by Australian Aboriginals

www.answersingenesis.org...

Bunyips were described as well. Looking remarkably like dinosaurs
But hey I guess you know EVERYTHING
creation.com...

Everybody is wrong but you cant be. Any recording of something you cant see on Wikipedia is fake
www.cryptozoology.com...
Where did you study?

That is it! I am absolutely going to stop believing in evolution because an aboriginie drew a Sinclair!!

Whatever was I thinking?

You debunk wikipedia but someone's cave drawing gives you all the answers. No wonder you are so lost.

The first one, Sinclair:

First off, a plesiosaurus is not a dinosaur, it is a sauropterygian.

The drawings that are shown, are not anatomically possible, because an animal of that size, would not be able to pump enough blood to the head and back. It couldn't exist.

Third, plesiosurs fossils have been found in Austrailia. Not that hard for an old guy smoking something out there to see the fossil and make a story out of it.

Fourth, the actual story of Yarru is about a large snake, not a plesiosaurus.

Last, how do you know that some anxious creationists, like the neurotics on this board, didn't paint it and go, see???

Do yourself a favor and stay away from creationist websites.

And before anyone brings out the platypus, the fossilized hat or the fossilized boot, or the footprints in Utah, they have all be debunked. Save yourself some time.

Deep but dumb
A big dinosaur can not possibly get enough oxygen in to its body through its small nostrils... according to science....so effectively..... no big dinosaurs ever existed.

Also you have heard of fossilised hats and boots, fossilisation does not have to take millions of years

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Good for him. Only in the U.S. would this comment by Nye be necessary and only here in the U.S. would his comment be considered controversial and evil. In the rest of the Western world, the the reaction would be, "No duh?And why is this news?"
edit on 27-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

Ya good for him.....
I wonder how he raised his kids? Oh wait he does not have any......
But he wants to help others raise there kids.......

I love irony, this guy is a certified idiot. I am not even religious. This guy is a joke. He should get together with Bill Gates and Steven Hawking and they can tell us all what we should do.......

But he is the science guy so he must be right........
And people wonder why the sheep are so easily lead. At the end of the day he is the flip side to the same idiotic coin. Both sides are equally nuts.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
And people wonder why the sheep are so easily lead. At the end of the day he is the flip side to the same idiotic coin. Both sides are equally nuts.

I love this approach where a falsifiable and exhaustively tested theory and an unfalsifiable logic and observations defying idea, are equated as having the same worth.
edit on 29-8-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

I love this approach where a falsifiable and exhaustively tested theory and an unfalsifiable logic and observations defying idea, are equated as having the same worth.

You are missing the point I hate when people in power tell the common folk how to live there lives. You have the right to do whatever you want as long as it does not infringe on another's right to do the same.

Pretty simple concept to bad people are stupid and arrogant and love to tell others what to do. Science is propaganda so is all of the religions.

Science is filled with lies and liars and so is religion.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

You are missing the point I hate when people in power tell the common folk how to live there lives. You have the right to do whatever you want as long as it does not infringe on another's right to do the same.

But when parents and communities brainwash children with religious belief by utilizing fear, they effectively remove rights such as freedom of religion and free thinking from those poor kids.

Pretty simple concept to bad people are stupid and arrogant and love to tell others what to do. Science is propaganda so is all of the religions.

You can utilize science for propaganda, but in itself it is not propaganda.

Science is filled with lies and liars and so is religion.

Science is the study of nature. You might have individuals who lie to e.g. advance in their careers, but thanks to the scientific method, these people are caught sooner or later. Science is thus a self correcting process. I guess some religions are like this as well, at least up to a point. For example, the catholic church gave up the literal creation view as it became too obvious that it was complete nonsense. I think now their official view is that God put the Big Bang in motion, and also somehow affected evolution so that our species came about. It's a little bit weird stance for too many reasons, but at least it's a step towards what really happened..

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

The Torah is part of God's word. The koran, however is not the word of God, but the writings of a false prophet/pedophile/murderer. How could we take those writings with anything more than a grain of salt?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Bill Nye is a tool. There is science in the Holy Bible, you folks just do not know what you are looking at. The science in the bible started being proven with the invention of the electron microscope and period table of elements.

You know, this might be ALL RIGHT AND GOOD. People can go to their church, read their bibles or Qurans or whatever as often as they like. I don't mind.

There is only one thing:

Keep your BELIEFS out of school, and keep science and religious beliefs separate. Period.

If you believe in the science of your holy bible, this is entirely your right - but i get angry i i see you guys trying to mingle science and religion - or trying silly things like TRYING to establish creationism in schools as if it would be a valid, second alternative to science. This stuff belongs in your church, and nowhere else.
edit on 29-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Hang on a sec, you're telling me now that big dinosaurs didn't exist, forget about the throusands of creatures discovered like T-Rex and many others.

Matter of fact, your in previous post you made it a point to show me a cave painting depicting a Pleasiosaur (a BIG huge ass dinosaur), to argue your story that man and dino walked together a few thousand years ago...

Gotto stop contradicting your self there pal.

I thnik you should start to accept that the 5k year old earth theory just flew out the window for you and now you really are grasping at straws...lol

Have you ever seen the skull of one of those things and the size of the Nasal cavity?

Not to mention the huge arse mouth it had to draw in massive ammounts of oxygen..heh

Or are you going to now say that all meusium peices like that are faked? Or possibly that T-Rex had a massive head but a tiny body...lololol
edit on 8/29/2012 by Ironclad because.

edit on 8/29/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by aardvark888
reply to post by pajoly

The Torah is part of God's word. The koran, however is not the word of God, but the writings of a false prophet/pedophile/murderer. How could we take those writings with anything more than a grain of salt?

All the Abrahamic religions are nonsense and their scriptures but lies written by uncivilized desert people. The True Word of God™ can be read from Tao Te Ching.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
HA!

Bill Nye

=

EPIC FAIL

Evolution is a lie, apart of Darwin's control over science and philosiphy of the masses.. anyone who belives a spontanseous episode called "the BIG BANG" is just as lost as this guy haha.. man the human mind is easy is deceive..

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

Evolution is a FACT and can be viewed, for example in the embryo of a chicken there are visible remnants from the chickens evolution from reptile to bird. Evolution can be reinforced by scientific evidence and can be observed in the natural world. Natural selection is an indisputable fact. The only people who dispute it is those who do not want to believe it as it goes against what they have read in the Bible.

As there is no evidence to back up creationism and religion for that matter it can not strongly compete with evolution. Creationism is what religious nuts want to believe whereas Evolution can be studied and vast amounts of strong evidence can be provided.

This evidence far outweighs anything that is written in a very old and very dubious book.

EDIT:

Is the big bang more ridiculous a theory than that of a giant invisible man creating everything. I think not. If god created everything then who created god?
edit on 29-8-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: Additional comment

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
HA!

Bill Nye

=

EPIC FAIL

Evolution is a lie, apart of Darwin's control over science and philosiphy of the masses.. anyone who belives a spontanseous episode called "the BIG BANG" is just as lost as this guy haha.. man the human mind is easy is deceive..

Or they could take a high school biology class and realise the big bang has nothing to do with evolution

You clearly haven't done that...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

Is the big bang more ridiculous a theory than that of a giant invisible man creating everything. I think not. If god created everything then who created god?

Let me add on here, if you will.

The Big Bang theory is not comparable to the Creationism "theory". The big bang theory requires matter to have already been in existence and attempts to explain how that matter ended up in its place in the universe.

Creationism says matter was created out of nothing, with magic.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

You have to remember though that the Big Bang is still just a theory, it is a very likely theory but it is clear that we do not know what started it.

Evolution on the other hand is a fact and has mountains of evidence to support it.

Creationism is a hopeful theory at best that can be easily dismissed as there is nothing to support it.

Religion has always claimed god did this and god did that but science has gradually proved all that wrong and we are certain now there is no evidence that god did anything. The one thing we need to learn is more about the big bang but the answer is certainly not god did it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

You have to remember though that the Big Bang is still just a theory, it is a very likely theory but it is clear that we do not know what started it.

While it isn't on the same level as evolution in regard to evidence, it still has a lot to back it up. Enough objective evidence, in my opinion, to cement itself as a running theory on the placement of matter in the universe.

You are, however, right in that it is not on the same level as evolution.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

What is there to back up Creationism, surely not the Bible?

The Bible states that the universe was created in 6 days, well we were created on the 6th day and we know without doubt that to be nonsense. You can't take a book seriously that can be so incorrect.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981

What is there to back up Creationism, surely not the Bible?

The Bible states that the universe was created in 6 days, well we were created on the 6th day and we know without doubt that to be nonsense. You can't take a book seriously that can be so incorrect.

There is nothing to back up creationism, i am not sure why you would tell me that since i have made the same point in this very thread.

Maybe we got off on the wrong foot?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Yes sorry, I am working at the same time. Having read back you are supporting the big bang rather than creationism.

No worries.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join