It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bill Nye: Creationism is not appropriate for children.

page: 15
21
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox
 

You missed the point as well..

Have a nice day everyone, and don't even bother with this thread it's a waste of time.




posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by MrXYZ
 

Evolution is PART of the puzzle, but it's not the whole thing, and it's insufficient to explain a facet of the creation demonstrating an original intent. You missed what I'd presented and it was lost in your assumptions, the first of which is that you are right and I am and must be, wrong.


Of course evolution is only part of the puzzle...it makes no statement regarding how life started in the first place. Doesn't change the FACT that the theory is a FACT...and that your entire argument is based on an argumentative fallacy


Also, how about you prove "intent" is even part of the equation? As I mentioned already, your "earth, moon, ..." stuff is complete and utter nonsense and an argumentative fallacy..

Read up on physics and stop trying to copy O'Reilly:

There was more to it than just the strange Earth, Moon, Sun relationship, something very signigicant that you missed and glossed over entirely.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by nixie_nox
 

You missed the point as well..

Have a nice day everyone, and don't even bother with this thread it's a waste of time.


In other words...you're out of real arguments


You haven't responded to a single criticism people made...instead you simply repeated "blablabla...I am right, I have proven my case"...even after your claims have been completely debunked. That's the very definition of "blind belief"



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 


I'm sorry that we are freethinking and curious and not purely indoctrinated like you appear to be.

Maybe it's time to throw away that silly bible and read something more accurate, maybe some Dawkins or Hitchins will be a good start. Stay away from the fiction for a while cos you seem to believe it.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by MrXYZ
 

Evolution is PART of the puzzle, but it's not the whole thing, and it's insufficient to explain a facet of the creation demonstrating an original intent. You missed what I'd presented and it was lost in your assumptions, the first of which is that you are right and I am and must be, wrong.


Of course evolution is only part of the puzzle...it makes no statement regarding how life started in the first place. Doesn't change the FACT that the theory is a FACT...and that your entire argument is based on an argumentative fallacy


Also, how about you prove "intent" is even part of the equation? As I mentioned already, your "earth, moon, ..." stuff is complete and utter nonsense and an argumentative fallacy..

Read up on physics and stop trying to copy O'Reilly:

There was more to it than just the strange Earth, Moon, Sun relationship, something very signigicant that you missed and glossed over entirely.


Funny how you can't seem to name that "something". You can't seriously still claim "intent" is what I'm missing because that would be complete and utter nonsense



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by nixie_nox
 

Have a nice day everyone, and don't even bother with this thread it's a waste of time.


Honestly, I thought we had the beginnings of a good conversation. I am sorry that you feel differently.

You have been on this board long enough to know how certain people will react. My tip is to make a mental note of avatars, since so many use them, and just scroll right on by! People will hold onto their religion even more tightly when they do not realize they have one. Just like extremist Christians do not represent "real" Christians according the to the tenets themselves, many who espouse science do not represent "real" science according to the tenets of science itself.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Funny how you can't seem to name that "something". You can't seriously still claim "intent" is what I'm missing because that would be complete and utter nonsense

Of course, it would HAVE to be, wouldn't it?


Oh and that "something" would involve the real star of Bethlehem (info provided), and a red moon rising at 3:00pm on April 3rd, 33AD (info also provided).




edit on 28-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Everyone in this thread relies on beliefs that they have not proven themselves. If you read about planets, solar systems, galaxies in your high school text book you are taking it at face value. You believe it because people who you deem credible are supporting the information. If you want to really observe earth and space sciences get in a space ship and fly around the solar system, but until then you are basing your world view off an equally rigid foundation. If you read in the bible that jesus died for your sins you are also taking it at face value, again because your pastor or preist is reinforcing the belief.

I am not going to argue with mainstream science as I agree with the majority of it, and I am sure most people in the modern world would even favor evolution. However it was not long ago most people in the modern world thought the Earth was flat. How wrong were most people back then? A thousand years from now our descendents will look back at how ridiculous we were in most of our scientific/religious beliefs even if the evolution theory continues to be supported.

If you talk of undisputed evidence for either side of the argument then you are biased.

Again the conclusion is... Bill Nye is still ignorant.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam
 


Continuaal responses of, you need to do the research and open your eyes, is very bad posting. And after three or four responses of, you are just blind and you won't do the work, is going to get you made fun of.

You either explain, or provide the information, you don't try to get people to do the work for you.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 


But as I've just taught you the earth is not a sphere so your numbers are incorrect.

It does seem to be a tactic of those who still can't get with the times and let religion go that they try confuse atheists and if they confuse an atheist then there must be a god. Very very wrong

You could always try the chicken and the egg argument






posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 


I rest my case.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 


I rest my case.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Funny how you can't seem to name that "something". You can't seriously still claim "intent" is what I'm missing because that would be complete and utter nonsense

Of course, it would HAVE to be, wouldn't it?


Oh and that "something" would involve the real star of Bethlehem (info provided), and a red moon rising at 3:00pm on April 3rd, 33AD (info also provided).




edit on 28-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit


Get a planetarium software (I recommend Celestia if you're on a Mac) and you'll notice that this isn't a rare event. And astronomical happenings don't automatically make the other claims in the bible valid...ESPECIALLY if there are HUNDREDS of things demonstrably wrong in the bible, a fact you seem to wilfully ignore



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Serdgiam
 

you don't try to get people to do the work for you.


Interesting you should bring that up.. What specific experiments have you done to verify what you accept as true? What work in genetics have you done to verify evolution? What archaeology have you performed to these ends?

And to just try to make this point clear; Have you done testing of the collisions of particles at near light speed, or rely on structures such as the LHC to do the work for you?

I am not attacking or making fun of you because of it though. We all do this is some form or another, and I feel its just part of being human. As far as justifying making fun of people.. I still dont see the need to openly make fun of someone. That doesnt just refer to you, but the endless ways this happens throughout this board and even the world.

Edit: And this is specifically why I would like to see the educational system better equip individuals to explore on their own through the scientific method through knowledge, education, and facilities. Not just have the "answers" given to them.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 


But as I've just taught you the earth is not a sphere so your numbers are incorrect.

It does seem to be a tactic of those who still can't get with the times and let religion go that they try confuse atheists and if they confuse an atheist then there must be a god. Very very wrong

You could always try the chicken and the egg argument





I hope you realise that scale wise the bottom picture is COMPLETE AND UTTER NONSENSE...that...and the orbit of the moon isn't a circle, it's an eclipse. Even worse, we've known that since the 17th century.

I really suggest you get yourself a decent astronomy program...there's tons of free examples around



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 

That didn't describe the orbit of the moon.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Serdgiam
 

you don't try to get people to do the work for you.


Interesting you should bring that up.. What specific experiments have you done to verify what you accept as true? What work in genetics have you done to verify evolution? What archaeology have you performed to these ends?

And to just try to make this point clear; Have you done testing of the collisions of particles at near light speed, or rely on structures such as the LHC to do the work for you?

I am not attacking or making fun of you because of it though. We all do this is some form or another, and I feel its just part of being human. As far as justifying making fun of people.. I still dont see the need to openly make fun of someone. That doesnt just refer to you, but the endless ways this happens throughout this board and even the world.


Exactly the point I have been trying to make. All information anyone here has learned regarding evolution was from a source they believe to be credible. Every belief you hold(true or not) whether atheist or christian is based on intuition and not logic, since we only know logic exists through intuition. Have fun proving the existence of logic with logic... similarly try proving existence of god because you believe in god.

Welcome to religion evolutionists... Enjoy! (This is a taunt)



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by MrXYZ
 

That didn't describe the orbit of the moon.


It doesn't describe anything really...not even the earth is a circle, so they didn't even get that right



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by centrifugal

Originally posted by Serdgiam

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Serdgiam
 

you don't try to get people to do the work for you.


Interesting you should bring that up.. What specific experiments have you done to verify what you accept as true? What work in genetics have you done to verify evolution? What archaeology have you performed to these ends?

And to just try to make this point clear; Have you done testing of the collisions of particles at near light speed, or rely on structures such as the LHC to do the work for you?

I am not attacking or making fun of you because of it though. We all do this is some form or another, and I feel its just part of being human. As far as justifying making fun of people.. I still dont see the need to openly make fun of someone. That doesnt just refer to you, but the endless ways this happens throughout this board and even the world.


Exactly the point I have been trying to make. All information anyone here has learned regarding evolution was from a source they believe to be credible. Every belief you hold(true or not) whether atheist or christian is based on intuition and not logic, since we only know logic exists through intuition. Have fun proving the existence of logic with logic... similarly try proving existence of god because you believe in god.

Welcome to religion evolutionists... Enjoy! (This is a taunt)


WRONG.

Why?

Because of scientific method and peer reviews ensuring that mistakes are caught...mistakes that religions aren't willing to catch at all.



posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Funny how you can't seem to name that "something". You can't seriously still claim "intent" is what I'm missing because that would be complete and utter nonsense

Of course, it would HAVE to be, wouldn't it?


Oh and that "something" would involve the real star of Bethlehem (info provided), and a red moon rising at 3:00pm on April 3rd, 33AD (info also provided).




edit on 28-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit


Get a planetarium software (I recommend Celestia if you're on a Mac) and you'll notice that this isn't a rare event. And astronomical happenings don't automatically make the other claims in the bible valid...ESPECIALLY if there are HUNDREDS of things demonstrably wrong in the bible, a fact you seem to wilfully ignore

Yes, but what doesn't happen often, or again, is the sun rising in front of Virgo with a crescent moon underneath, and at night, a triple retrograde conjunction of Jupiter over Regulus, as seen near Judea, preceeded by a perfect conjunction of Jupiter and Venus nine months prior, followed 33 years later to the day of the cross, a date verified also by prophecy (Daniel) coinciding with a full lunar eclipse as it rose on the horizon occuring at mid afternoon, and then a red harvest moon in the evening. Also worth considering, ah never mind, this is really just throwing pearls before swine to be trampled under foot by ignorant and hard-hearted people with an agenda not an open-mind.



new topics

top topics



 
21
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

log in

join