It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye: Creationism is not appropriate for children.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Other than the ravings of a lunatic, you have yet to provide any evidence to back up your beliefs.

Evidence and proof will NEVER benefit a person whose eyes are closed to the truth.

Total copout for saying that you don't have any evidence. Really, that was quite sad.

Without seeing the Illuminati's satanic global agenda, everything appears to make very little sense.

I don't believe in satan. Only christians believe in satan, and satanists are christians. It is all one and the same.

And my world makes perfect sense to me. But the way you ramble on, I can see why yours doesn't.

The goal of the Illuminati is to destroy Christianity and Western civilization

How special that must make you feel, that they would only want to destroy christianity. But then most of it, seems to be about self importance.

. Illuminati worship lucifer and teach that Jesus is a myth.

Both are christian concotions and only apply to Christians. You have to be Christian to worship Satan, you can't believe in one without believing in the other. So this is just xtian on xtian crime.

And Jesus is a myth, stolen from the Jews and Pagans.

How can you be so blind as to the irony and absolute deception of this?

Because I am not rocking back and forth in the corner with you, crying that everyone is out to get me. And since people are waking up from religious control, you cry that they are enslaved,when you are the one who still is. It is a change from religion to spirituality, where people still believe in god,but white men don't dictate to them anymore on how to do it.

It is a beautiful thing really. I certainly won't stop it.

Religion and Science are BOTH Illuminati mind control propaganda.

No, not really. I am pretty sure that when you get cancer, have a heart attack, or need an anti-viral. You will go to a doctor and get the latest evolutionary medicine. Just like the PETA people scream about animal testing, but are the first to line up for cancer drugs, which are all tested on animals.

If you tell me that you will never seek help, good. Than that is natural selection working. Then you can give us a live show on how natural selection works.

How IRONIC that some of you are unable to see the real agenda behind those lies.

If there is an agenda, then Christians will get to see for a change what it is like to be persecuted. I call it retrobution.

LEARN TO THINK IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF PROPAGANDA

You telling me, what to think, makes you no better than the imaginery people you are fighting.
edit on 28-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Too bad instead of simply needing to be right, and spouting all kinds of vitriol at their opponent, if people would only stop and take a good hard OPEN-MINDED look at the information when it's presented.

I'm outta here, bu bye. Good luck wasting your time in this thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Doesn't matter where it came from. If an imbedded design by original intent can be proven, then scientific theory as it relates to creation and evolution will be forced to include the idea of intelligent design and a formative causation, not merely random selection within isolated ecosystems.

Well, until then, we have no such proof and religion has no such standing among the scientific community.

What I find disturbing is how presumptuous and yet completely ignorant the anti-religious atheists are in regards to this, whereby they think that science gives them their axe and a liscene to hack away at religion and ancient wisdom knowledge ie: the Bible.

Science does not respect that which has been proven wrong or that in which can not be proven. This is not an "atheistic" view, it is a practice of logic.

As for "hacking away" at religion. Well, i suppose, if i can hack at it, then what i am using is stronger material.

You cant cut steel with a wooden knife.

You wouldn't even see it if it was placed right under your nose for inspection. You think you know, but it's in your blindspot or in a domain of an unknown unknown or something that you don't even know you don't know, at least not yet.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You wouldn't even see it if it was placed right under your nose for inspection. You think you know, but it's in your blindspot or in a domain of an unknown unknown or something that you don't even know you don't know, at least not yet.

If you have any evidence I will be happy, no ecstatic, to examine it. I would love for religion to be true.
edit on 28-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Unfortunately your link only takes me to the top of the thread.

Do you mind quoting for me?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by ibiubu

Most well known scientists (Newton, Bragg, others) believed in God and creation. What harm is there in educating children in this possibility? None, in my book.

Because if god is the answer, then it's the final answer. No reason to look any further. It stops all research.

We don't need to know about atoms and DNA because creationism gives us the final answer.

How did life get its start? God.
How was the universe created? God.
Where did morality come from? God.
How does the earth orbit the sun? God.
Who will free us from tyranny, save us from plagues, from injustice? God, God, God.

Problem: This answer solves nothing, serves no one, and protects no one. It shuts down human curiosity. Plus, it's simply the wrong answer.

No it doesn't stop it. It hasn't stopped. that is proof enough isn't it? What is God?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I would love for religion to be true.

You ARE kidding, right?

I'm beginning to think NewAgeman is right...

All false religions are illuminati created...
"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda
All false religions are illuminati created

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Bill's spot on in that video. There is ZERO objective evidence for creationism, so it makes only sense NOT to teach it in science classes...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Theory:
1 .A coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena.

The definition of a theory according to the Academy of Sciences:

A scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment."

well considering evolution hasen't been tested, or hasn't had tests done to prove that it is fact then this definition can't be used for it or creationisim.

OMG these are the points that skeptics bring up over and over and OVER and they need to be pinned to the top of the forum so the same thing isn't said over and over and over.

Not only has evolution been tested, we manipulate it every day.

The fact that a new flu strain crops up every year, and we can make a vaccine for it, is evolution happening in two different places.

The rise of anti-bacterial resistent bacteria is evolution in action, just like the flu.

The Italian wall lizard is an example of rapid evolution.

Italian wall lizard

The observed evolution of e. coli bacteria

Not only has evolution been true, it has probably been the most proven theory.

2. A proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.

still dosent fit for creationism or evolution because there aren't any factual theories on how life/modern animals came to be.

Hypothesis:

1. A proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.

Just like there is theory and there is scientific theory, there is hypothesis and scientific hypothesis.

A scientific hypothesis:

For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it. Scientists generally base scientific hypotheses on previous observations that cannot satisfactorily be explained with the available scientific theories.
A working hypothesis is a provisionally accepted hypothesis proposed for further research.[1]

wiki

Since evolution has been tested and proven, it is no longer a hypothesis.

Where creationism can't even be tested. So it is not even a workable hypothesis.

2. A mere assumption or guess.

And now were spot on for both, so how about we all stop letting our emotions take control of the debate.

See points one and two and correct thinking.

Your theory of evolution equates to "change". Yes things change. Are seasons now examples of evolution? What about aging? No one is declaring change to be a theory. But i see this when Darwinists are pinned up against the wall.. They start declaring EVERY observable change over time as a demonstration of "evolution".

In this definition evolution is a label given to the underlying phenomenon of change. This isn't something to even be considered science. Caveman observed and documented change. Everyone does everyday. If that is all evolution is than why the attack on Christians over it? I don't know any Christians that would argue that things change over time. What's is there to even be taught about it?

Class today we are going to discuss the TRUTH of evolution. Evolution is change. You are now a scientist. End of lesson.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I would love for religion to be true.

You ARE kidding, right?

I'm beginning to think NewAgeman is right...

All false religions are illuminati created...
"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda
All false religions are illuminati created

We know, from your previous posts, that every topic touched upon in this thread is the product of the shenanigans of the Illuminati. We get it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

I suggest you read at least the Wiki article about evolution...because I don't think you understand the theory at all: LINK

Evolution is merely a change in allelic frequency.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

If you have any evidence I will be happy, no ecstatic, to examine it. I would love for religion to be true.

Unfortunately your link only takes me to the top of the thread.

Do you mind quoting for me?

quoting

I agree, and when we really take a good hard look there is evidence of both evolution and creation by intelligent design, particularly when we examine the strange and highly coincidental relationship between the earth, moon and sun (coincidence is an understatement).

Creationism, as it's typically sold by the fundamentalists doesn't need to be accepted for the entire prophetic framework of the Bible to hold water (see my sig for more).

Take this, for example (be sure to click link above red moon):

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

The Day of the Cross

www.bethlehemstar.net...

Day of the Cross

I often wonder.. of ALL the planets in the present-moment living universe, inhabiting sentient, intelligent life (observers), how many (more than one...?) might have their single moon, perfectly exclipse their sun, whereby the shadow of the inhabiting observer planet, also perfectly encircles the visible moon's circumference..

And that's not the HALF of it..

Maybe things are even MORE solipsistic than I originally thought..

And just so that the whole thing isn't TOO ah.. narcissistically solipsistic (cosmologically speaking), Jesus Christ is as much the son of man as he is the son of God and the bright morning star, whereby we are all made, at least in potentia, in the image and likeness of God, and who although last (most recent), are first, and not to be excluded, but enveloped, as the Prodigal Son returned home at last, and the lost sheep recovered.

“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?

while the morning stars (sons of God) sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy?

~ Job 38

And frankly, it's what it says about us as human beings in the creation, intrinsic to a longggg cosmic evolutionary process, and as children of a loving God (see Phi Ratio Proportion) in the "heavenly household" of God as a first/last cause and as the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, whereby Jesus made it all about US in the first place - that is equally if not even MORE astounding!

And we will come to know the truth, and the truth will set us free, and yet, if we are freed for his sake why then, we shall be truly free indeed!

"And as my father hath first sent me, even so send I, you."

Deny ignorance!

Tally ho!

NAM aka Bob

Once a formative causation with original intent is established, then what we have is BOTH evolution AND intelligent design (intelligent is an understatement). Through this third way of understanding, both sides of the "argument" are satisfied, while drawing more people to take a look at the Bible and the prophetic framework running through it unto... epiphany, and what an epiphany it is!

Re: the God theory - additional research might include the work of Physicists Amit Goswami (self aware univeerse and monistic idealism - consciousness as the ground of all being and becoming ie: downward not upward causation), and Bernard Haisch and Irvin Lazlo re: Zero Point Field or Akashic Field, the implication of which would involve non-localized information sharing within the context of a singular, interpenetrating, cosmological unity.

-------------

This also needs to be reviewed.

The Real Star of Bethlehem (part 1 of 7)

www.bethlehemstar.net...

Testimonials

"well-researched and reasonable"

Former Chief of Planetary Astronomy, NASA, and Technical Editor, Sky & Telescope magazine

"an interesting look... at the star... genuinely thought-provoking"

Christianity Today magazine

"models the scientific method at its best"

Distinguished Professor of Old Testament Studies, Dallas Theological Seminary

"wide-ranging and insightful scholarship"

Former Publisher and Editor, Scientific American magazine, and President, American Association for the Advancement of Science

"a convincing case...a mystery solved"

Former Director, NASA Dryden Flight Research Center

"This explanation of the Star is compelling..."

NASA's Chief Engineer for the Space Shuttle and the International Space Station, Director of the Columbia Shuttle Accident Task Force

What does this mean?

edit on 28-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by rwfresh

I suggest you read at least the Wiki article about evolution...because I don't think you understand the theory at all: LINK

I understand the theory completely. I think the blind believers in it don't understand it otherwise they wouldn't be misrepresenting it the way they do.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Is that how religious people separate Micro evolution by separately labeling it away from evolution. It should be looked at as an entire thing.

Adaptation > Natural Selection > Micro Evolution > Species differentiation. All are part of Theory of Evolution, some are easy to prove than others, and some can only be proved with time(backward or forward)..

Each step require higher stress to go to the next level, And not all make it to the end.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by rwfresh

I understand the theory completely. I think the blind believers in it don't understand it otherwise they wouldn't be misrepresenting it the way they do.

It's a scientific theory...not a belief system like creationism. It's backed up by objective evidence and actively applied in modern medicine.

And clearly you don't understand what you're talking about judging from your initial post I quoted...because what you consider evolution isn't.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Your theory of evolution equates to "change". Yes things change. Are seasons now examples of evolution? What about aging? No one is declaring change to be a theory.

Everything you just mentioned has a scientific theory to explain it.

But i see this when Darwinists are pinned up against the wall..

This should be good.

They start declaring EVERY observable change over time as a demonstration of "evolution".

Well anyone who declares "The seasons changing" as a example of the evolution of species is wrong.

In this definition evolution is a label given to the underlying phenomenon of change.

It depends on the context. For instance, if we are not talking about the origin of species, this would be the definition.

1. A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form.

We, however, are talking about the origin of species and thus when the term is thrown around it means this :

a. Change in the genetic composition of a population during successive generations, as a result of natural selection acting on the genetic variation among individuals, and resulting in the development of new species.

This isn't something to even be considered science.

What cant be considered science?

Caveman observed and documented change. Everyone does everyday. If that is all evolution is than why the attack on Christians over it?

Evolution, in context of the topic of this thread, mean the change in species overtime.

What's is there to even be taught about it?

By this point, it is clear that you are using evolution as a term not in context with the topic.

Following your lead:

Why should we teach knowledge about tectonic plates? Why should we teach about the reason the seasons change? Why should we teach about photosynthesis? Why should we teach about biology? Why should we teach about math? Why should we teach about art or music?

Basically, using the term evolution out of context with the origin of species, you are asking :

Why should we teach anything?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Strange Moon

reply to post by nixie_nox

Take another very close, and very scrutinizing look at my post

post by NewAgeMan

And note also that, aside from Jesus' own use of the cosmologically unique Earth, Sun, Moon relationship in the culmination of his Great Work - that the Moon's perfect eclipse of the sun has occured in synchronistic simultaneity with man's realization of fully self-realized God-consciousness (Zenith of man's evolution) ie: in ancient pre-history, the Moon completely blotted out the sun, and in the distant future it won't cover the circumfrance of the sun's diameter when seen from Earth because the moon is slowly moving away from the Earth. There's even more to it than that, showing or proving SUPER-intelligent design (what I call superdeterminism), but taken together these things are sure to give any studious and scientifically minded inquirer reason to stop, pause, and go "hmmmm" if not HOLY SMOKES, WOW!!!

Which makes me really wonder - how many times during the course of human civilization, has the visible moon risen in a daytime solar eclipse during the Jewish Passover Festival, followed by a night time reddened harvest moon..?

The Humbled and Exalted Christ

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

~ Philippians 2:5-11
(Italics as it is written here)
www.biblegateway.com...

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
~ Revelation 22:13

edit on 28-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

One biological scientist once said the Darwin theory is so mathematically impossible it's odds of happening are like 1 out of the number that represents all the atoms in the universe. Nobody knows what that number actually is.

Talking about numbers that nobody knows what the number is, isn't proof or even a very good arguement.

It would take days to begin to explain how much false evidence has been put forward as proof for Evolution. There was the Piltdown man fraud,

Was a scam run by Charles Dawson, not the Geological society. Just like you have Christians walking around pretending to be prophets, you have scientific frauds.

It was also strongly challenged by Royal College of Surgeons from the outset.

It was a scam just like Just like the F.A. Mitchell-Hedges scam that scientists can't be blamed for.

there was the Orce man fraud

Is a debate,not a fraud. And one that had lasted a decade, that no one could agree on and identify, what this tiny fragement of skull was from.

, The Archaeoraptor Liaoningensis: or the Fake Dinosaur-bird ancestor, which turned out to be a fraud, and a big embarrasment for National Geographic Magazine.

NG is not a peer reviewed article. The fossil was smuggled in from China, illegally.

Again, it was the experts that were most critical from the moment it showed up. The scientific community was even outraged at it being named by NG without peer review.

It was the scientists who revealed that it was a composite. NG automatically assumed that since both fossils were found together, that it was the missing link.

So a non scientific, peer reviewed article is not a fraud on science part. AGAIN. Especially since the hypocrisy is that it is the scientists, who keep revealing it as a fraud.

Also, there have been other legitimate missing link fossils found. So there is no questions there about the bird/dino relationship.

There was the Nebraska man fraud,

That was a tooth that was mis-identified..........in 1922. When skeletal remains were found, it was corrected. No fraud there.

there was the Java man fraud

found in 1891. Are you actually pulling samples from 2 centuries ago?
And how is it a fraud? They are just some fossils found in a 50 ft. circumfrence.

there was the Neanderthal man fraud.

Fail to see a problem here.

Yet as soon as they find out that the evidence in question is a fraud, everything is hushed up, and you never hear any more about it. Which leaves everyone thinking they have the theory nailed down.

Um, nothing has been hushed up, none of these take away any legitimacy of evolutionary theory, and I debunked the 7 you found out of the millions that have been categorized in the musuems.

Talk about grasping at straws.

About every few years they come out with the new missing link, only to find out the link is either another species or a fraud.

I would love to see the others, considering you only listed a dozen and I debunked them for you.

Not only that, you can't even find one in this century.

The only propaganda people buy into is you and creationism. If you did any real research of your own, you would of known I could of made a fool out of you.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I am really alarmed that people on here actually believe in creationism rather than the fact of evolution. We can observe evolution but apart from in the desperate religious mind creationism is the joke of the educated world.

I used to think America was more advanced than the rest of the world but now I can read more from Americans on the Internet it is really worrying just how indoctrinated people are. I don't think Americans are too far away from waging their own holy war. I used to think Muslims in poorly educated countries were the only people stupid to believe in religious nonsense so deeply that they are willing to behead non believers but is America so far away from evangelists carry out similar demented crimes.

I feel fortunate that growing up religion was an option rather than something we were forced to believe. Among my contempories here it is pretty much agreed that there is no god. Christianity is dying in England but unfortunately Islam is growing due to uneducated immigrants entering the country.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I believe the nearest-to-true statement might be that "certain scientists are as dogmatic as certain fervent adherents to certain religons."

Actual science is simply making educated observations and trying to prove them in the real world. Humans are fallable. Science tries really, really hard not to be. That doesn't mean that some people trying to practice science aren't fallable.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join