It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye: Creationism is not appropriate for children.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Teaching it as a myth is one thing, and I could find it acceptable being taught as myth or literature. But that is not what is going on. There is a deliberate and concerted effort by the Religious Right to teach it, as an alternative to or as an outright replacement for science. This cannot be allowed.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Creationism has the same credibility as tooth fairy and Batman,

But evolution IS nothing but a fairy tale:

It has been said that if you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it as fact. You even believe it yourself. It is amazing how gullible people can be. Take, as an example, the “fact” of evolution.

One of the most prestigious scientists in the world, Dr. Paul LeMoine, an editor of “L’Encyclopedie Francais,” wrote, “evolution is a fairy tale for adults.”

Evolutionist Francis Crick, one of the world’s most prestigious biologists and co-discoverer of DNA, examined the possibilities of a cell coming into existence by chance on this Earth and concluded that it was not possible.

Evolutionist Sir Fred Hoyle of Cambridge University, one of the most noted astronomers and mathematicians in the world, stated, “the notion that not only biopolymers but the operation programme of a living cell could be arrived at by chance in a primordial organic soup here on the Earth is evidently nonsense of a high order.”

He concluded that life would never have originated by chance in 20 billion years.

In October 1980, at a worldwide meeting of evolutionists in Chicago, Dr. Stephen Jay Gould of Harvard University and Dr. Nils Eldredge of the American Museum of Natural History said that it has long been a “trade secret” of paleontologists that transitional forms do not exist; that missing links do not exist.

Dr. T.N. Tahmisian, a physiologist for the Atomic Energy Commission, said, “scientists who go about teaching that evolution is a fact of life are great con men, and the story they are telling may be the greatest hoax ever.”

Now this “lie,” “fairy tale” and “hoax” is still being taught as “fact” in our public schools, and they call it “science?” 

Evolution is built on a lie

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
teaching children creationism is pretty much like brainwashing them.

And teaching them only evolution is not?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Public School is not appropriate for children.

it kills imagination and standardizes every child.
it forces concensus on the group, not the individual.
it mimics the 9-5 work day and work week
it mimics penitentiaries
it tells LIES apon LIES about history
it is part of the Prussian Education brought to America in the early 1900s and was implemented by Rockefeller and Carnegie to produce a stable work force for their Companies.
It is teaching a backwards form of thinking without reason and logic. Classic Liberal Education is not given to the masses, the Elect get the full program
The System teaches Govt Authority IS GOD.
Public School and Higher Education is widening the gap between the Upper and lower classes
Nothing about this has changed.

Get the kids out of Public school.

then burn it.
edit on 28-8-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
One biological scientist once said the Darwin theory is so mathematically impossible it's odds of happening are like 1 out of the number that represents all the atoms in the universe. Nobody knows what that number actually is.

What part of Evolution is a lie?

It would take days to begin to explain how much false evidence has been put forward as proof for Evolution. There was the Piltdown man fraud, there was the Orce man fraud, there was The Archaeoraptor Liaoningensis: or the Fake Dinosaur-bird ancestor, which turned out to be a fraud, and a big embarrasment for National Geographic Magazine.

There was the Nebraska man fraud, there was the Java man fraud, there was the Neanderthal man fraud. This could go on and on, and the reason for this, is because as soon as they think they found the missing link, the Evolutionist bring out their big brass marching band.

Yet as soon as they find out that the evidence in question is a fraud, everything is hushed up, and you never hear any more about it. Which leaves everyone thinking they have the theory nailed down.

About every few years they come out with the new missing link, only to find out the link is either another species or a fraud. And this happens over, and over, and over, and almost no one ever questions this, and joe public just believes what ever the news media tells them.
Consider this link: www.nwcreation.net...

What part of Evolution is a lie?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by MCL1150
Why do so many people want to take God out of the equation when comes to creationism and evolution... Evolution needs the finger of God for direction, it wouldn't know where to progress!

The entire NWO "god is a myth" agenda revolves around removing God from society.

The real hidden agenda is to distract and feed falsehoods with biased reasoning and logic, their methods are to keep the truth as FAR away from you and me as is possible.

Atheism is only one part of that stealth agenda designed to control you and everyone in the world.

That may be true, and pitting traditional, literalist fundamentalist Christians against atheists is one way to go about it, which simply plays on ignorance at both ends of the spectrum of ignorance (much of which claims to have absolute knowledge).

Whereas the truth is that our absolute liberation is God's agenda and the end game of the "Jesus Project" by the Living God, whereby we are both absolutely free and extremely well informed by the spirit of God which is the spirit of infinite intelligence.

You can hardly "herd" hundreds of millions of people with God-consciousness.. and scarier still for the so-called "power elite", such people as fully self-realized children of God, are infinitely better and smarter than you, so it runs the risk of having the whole power pyramid of earth overturned with the little guy on top and "them" under the crushing weight.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This comment from Bill Nye is completely ridculous to say.There is such thing in all religions and beliefs as learning science and believeing in a Creator or God at the same time.
Not only that but it is rather a wreckless comment to make because it can teach radical education that turns into mass murder eventually agaisnt religion and people of faith.

It also destroys peoples persoanl freedoms and liberties and natural choices in life and they they are taught as a child and erases history if they force this type of belief in a government.

Science and believeing in a Creator or creation are two different things.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

You would really consider listening to the rant of a paid antichristian?

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You can't be more right. The Big Media is buying antichristians all over the world to destroy religion, the one thing which stands in the way for the New World Mother-Nature/Gaia Religion.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Theory:
1 .A coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena.

The definition of a theory according to the Academy of Sciences:

A scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment."

well considering evolution hasen't been tested, or hasn't had tests done to prove that it is fact then this definition can't be used for it or creationisim.

OMG these are the points that skeptics bring up over and over and OVER and they need to be pinned to the top of the forum so the same thing isn't said over and over and over.

Not only has evolution been tested, we manipulate it every day.

The fact that a new flu strain crops up every year, and we can make a vaccine for it, is evolution happening in two different places.

The rise of anti-bacterial resistent bacteria is evolution in action, just like the flu.

The Italian wall lizard is an example of rapid evolution.

Italian wall lizard

The observed evolution of e. coli bacteria

Not only has evolution been true, it has probably been the most proven theory.

2. A proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.

still dosent fit for creationism or evolution because there aren't any factual theories on how life/modern animals came to be.

Hypothesis:

1. A proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.

Just like there is theory and there is scientific theory, there is hypothesis and scientific hypothesis.

A scientific hypothesis:

For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it. Scientists generally base scientific hypotheses on previous observations that cannot satisfactorily be explained with the available scientific theories.
A working hypothesis is a provisionally accepted hypothesis proposed for further research.[1]

wiki

Since evolution has been tested and proven, it is no longer a hypothesis.

Where creationism can't even be tested. So it is not even a workable hypothesis.

2. A mere assumption or guess.

And now were spot on for both, so how about we all stop letting our emotions take control of the debate.

See points one and two and correct thinking.
edit on 28-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I am religious, I am just not Christian. And I can accept intelligent design. If science does prove abiogenesis, I can accept that too.

I am not so insecure in my beliefs that science is a threat. But then I don't follow a man made book that my world evolves around, hence the difference.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Other than the ravings of a lunatic, you have yet to provide any evidence to back up your beliefs.

There is no force removing God, that in itself was a development to control the masses, now that people are waking up and seeing it as a fairy tale, those remaining are hysterical.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

do you truly believe that Satan is convincing us to listen to Bill Nye's incoherent ramblings so we can believe our own little wish-wash nonsense? does that make more sense to you than what Bill Nye is actually saying?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Take another very close, and very scrutinizing look at my post

post by NewAgeMan

And note also that, aside from Jesus' own use of the cosmologically unique Earth, Sun, Moon relationship in the culmination of his Great Work - that the Moon's perfect eclipse of the sun has occured in synchronistic simultaneity with man's realization of fully self-realized God-consciousness (Zenith of man's evolution) ie: in ancient pre-history, the Moon completely blotted out the sun, and in the distant future it won't cover the circumfrance of the sun's diameter when seen from Earth because the moon is slowly moving away from the Earth. There's even more to it than that, showing or proving SUPER-intelligent design (what I call superdeterminism), but taken together these things are sure to give any studious and scientifically minded inquirer reason to stop, pause, and go "hmmmm" if not HOLY SMOKES, WOW!!!

edit on 28-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Murgatroid

Other than the ravings of a lunatic, you have yet to provide any evidence to back up your beliefs.

There is no force removing God, that in itself was a development to control the masses, now that people are waking up and seeing it as a fairy tale, those remaining are hysterical.

my understanding is that theres a catch all if you jump off the religious trip--one you dont have to create because its given to us--

some call it Humanism
some call it Athiesm
some call it Communism
some call it science

Controlled Opposition on a Global Scale is what i call it. Would you believe that they all lead to the same end?

Enslavement of the mind.
edit on 28-8-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Evidence and proof will NEVER benefit a person whose eyes are closed to the truth.

Without seeing the Illuminati's satanic global agenda, everything appears to make very little sense.

I believe this is the main reason WHY so few comprehend what is really going on in the world.

The goal of the Illuminati is to destroy Christianity and Western civilization. Illuminati worship lucifer and teach that Jesus is a myth. How can you be so blind as to the irony and absolute deception of this?

Religion and Science are BOTH Illuminati mind control propaganda.

How IRONIC that some of you are unable to see the real agenda behind those lies.

LEARN TO THINK IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF PROPAGANDA

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

So every science teacher I've ever had is wrong and some guy on the internet is right? A theory is stronger than a law. The fact that multiple sources have been given to show just that is pretty telling.

I'd also like to point out that part of what makes science great is words and phrases have universally accepted single meanings in science. There is no room for interpretation theory always mean theory law always means law. If you aren't even willing to use the common lexicon of science then further debate with you is nigh on impossible.
edit on 28-8-2012 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The World According to Jesus Son of God and Lamb of God

I'd rather not post an image of the world according to NWO Luciferians, but if I did it would be overlaid with a pyramid, "built" on a "foundation" of untold death and destruction, misery, sorrow and suffering, and in regards to that image, all the data is now IN.

That said, creationism as literally outlined in the Bible is a powerful allegory and mythology, which also contains some very insightful ancient wisdom regarding the creation of the universe. Proof of intelligent design however, is another matter, because if true, which it certainly appears to me to be so, then the teaching of evolutionary theory as it sits, is just as misleading to kids, because it teaches them that the world they inhabit is Godless and without purpose ie: entirely random, and that's a lie/untruth, and one that has atheists writhing in glee over, assuming (wrongly) that science has killed God.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCL1150
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Nothing stumps me! I think it's funny how folks believe that nothing created something, like God doesn't have a say, how comical !!! Oh I can see it now, when your life is over, on the other side your creator (GOD) will be waiting for you. I can hear your cry now saying: "You're not suppose to be here"!!!!!!

The only people who believe something comes from nothing are those who follow a religion.

Science has no theories like that.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Doesn't matter where it came from. If an imbedded design by original intent can be proven, then scientific theory as it relates to creation and evolution will be forced to include the idea of intelligent design and a formative causation, not merely random selection within isolated ecosystems.

What I find disturbing is how presumptuous and yet completely ignorant the anti-religious atheists are in regards to this issue, whereby they think that science gives them an axe and a licence to hack away at religion and ancient wisdom knowledge ie: the Bible, whereas ironically science is only proving the Bible more and more correct in hindsight. Even the radiant pre-sun light referenced in Genesis ("let there be light") can now be understood as the Akashic Field aka The Zero Point Field..

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Doesn't matter where it came from. If an imbedded design by original intent can be proven, then scientific theory as it relates to creation and evolution will be forced to include the idea of intelligent design and a formative causation, not merely random selection within isolated ecosystems.

Well, until then, we have no such proof and religion has no such standing among the scientific community.

What I find disturbing is how presumptuous and yet completely ignorant the anti-religious atheists are in regards to this, whereby they think that science gives them their axe and a liscene to hack away at religion and ancient wisdom knowledge ie: the Bible.

Science does not respect that which has been proven wrong or that in which can not be proven. This is not an "atheistic" view, it is a practice of logic.

As for "hacking away" at religion. Well, i suppose, if i can hack at it, then what i am using is stronger material.

You cant cut steel with a wooden knife.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join