It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual clounds and unidentified sound (video and images included) - no aliens just denying ignoranc

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This tornado thing have me thinking, could the sounds be associated with above ground tornado? Could it be some sort of sound phenomenon caused by the spinning cloud or the turbulence in general?

aren't most of the weird sound videos associated with thick clouds somewhere in the skies?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815

I caught the colored clouds one night. It isn't out of the ordinary around here though (Other than being sooo bright). Usually the sun is setting and on the opposite side we get these.

Thank you yes i have seen that before and yes this is probably it, it's just I've never seen that happen through such thick cloud before it usually looks like your picture. Sunset would have been happening around the time my images were taken.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Why flies across the screen at the 4:05 mark? Doesn't look like a bird, but it's in a distance, so who knows. There was another bird earlier in the video that was easily distinguishable.

The sounds in the beginning do sound odd. Is there a highway nearby? Truck tires at speed can sound like that. But that sounds in the beginning is much different than the jet that can clearly be heard later in the video.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

i can see flapping

deffo a bird!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Awesome I think the unusual sounds might have found at least one explanation that is plausible... wall clouds and the sounds of a tornado forming... excerpt from the below link (click on the what does a tornado sound like on the right)

"People who have been in a tornado say it sounds like a jet engine or a freight train and is very loud. ......"

www.nssl.noaa.gov...

I love it when i learn something new.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by Bilk22

i can see flapping

deffo a bird!

Yes there were two birds and i was thinking as I filmed it how they did not look like some of the supposed UFO footage that have been debunked as being birds, they definitely look like birds in my video. Well spotted are you per chance a bird watcher??

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
reply to post by IAmD1

Why flies across the screen at the 4:05 mark? Doesn't look like a bird, but it's in a distance, so who knows. There was another bird earlier in the video that was easily distinguishable.

The sounds in the beginning do sound odd. Is there a highway nearby? Truck tires at speed can sound like that. But that sounds in the beginning is much different than the jet that can clearly be heard later in the video.

Those were all birds as far as I remember at different distances from the camera, but to be honest i wasn't too interested in what what in sight more in what was heard. No not truck tires this came from the skies. You can hear the sounds of the cars on the road outside my house in the background too....but i believe maybe i found an explanation. The clouds might have been wall clouds associated with tornadoes and the sound the sound of the air moving in the clouds....

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

does not sound like any plane thats for sure. Sounds similar to some of those other sky sounds ive herd online.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

i aint no Bill Oddie

wook at woes woverly birds!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by IAmD1

i aint no Bill Oddie

wook at woes woverly birds!!!

Oh sure you are.
he's awesome!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
Seriously I know they are storm clouds the point is they are unusual for here and did you watch the video? I am not claiming any extraterrestial origin at all just interested to learn from those who know - yes more than just that they are storm clouds. These types of clouds seem more fit for tropical regions imo. But thank you for your input.

Whilst you may not have noticed similar before (apart from weather geeks, who looks at the sky every day?) I can assure you that clouds like that are quite normal in association with a front passing over in temperate regions. Far more common that rainbows in my experience (living in England).

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Seriously I know they are storm clouds the point is they are unusual for here and did you watch the video? I am not claiming any extraterrestial origin at all just interested to learn from those who know - yes more than just that they are storm clouds. These types of clouds seem more fit for tropical regions imo. But thank you for your input.

Whilst you may not have noticed similar before (apart from weather geeks, who looks at the sky every day?) I can assure you that clouds like that are quite normal in association with a front passing over in temperate regions. Far more common that rainbows in my experience (living in England).

On the topic of rainbows this year has seen an unusual number of double rainbows, very clear and strong in color. I personally think the weather is kind of special this year in particular, again not saying it is not normal just saying it is not what has been norm in recent years. I believe everything comes and goes in cycles. Maybe this is the end, beginning or middle of one depending on where you start looking i guess.

I for one love nature and all it's amazing variations. These clouds and the sound caught my attention because they were unusual for this region and yes i am somewhat of a sky watcher nerd for noticing. I love watching and taking note of even the mundane things in nature. This in my opinion was far from mundane.

On another note i do have a theory now about the sounds coming from the clouds themselves created by the turbulence within them.... but would like to hear more views on this...do you have any to offer?
edit on 27/8/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

On another note i do have a theory now about the sounds coming from the clouds themselves created by the turbulence within them.... but would like to hear more views on this...do you have any to offer?

By all means tell us. But I cannot think or any possible physical way in which clouds can create sound.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

I downloaded your video and carefully listened to the audio several times. I can only speculate as to what you actually heard but the strange noise early in the video, IMO, sounds like a pilot changing the attack angle on a constant speed propeller. Modern multiple engine propeller aircraft combine a constant rotational speed with a variable prop attack angle to obtain the best performance under all conditions; but it is noisy during stop and go taxiing to the runway.

Why could the noise be much louder on this day instead of others, atmospheric refraction perhaps. The incoming storm likely chilled the upper atmosphere that in turn decreased the speed of sound above your location. With warm air near the ground and cool air above, sounds that would otherwise scatter upwards can be refracted by the dissimilar air temperatures to a distant ground observer very efficiently. Just a hypothesis, of course.

Best regards,
Z

edit on 8/27/2012 by DrZrD because: spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

The glow is not in the cloud it is reflecting sunlight.

I'm so good I think I should get an award.

PS

It's the sound of a DC 10 configuration most likely in my opinion. Because of the two engines ahead of the single engine in the rear you get a bit of an echo sound mixed into the overall sound mix compared to other to aircraft as it passes giving an unique Doppler effect only heard with that type of engine configuration.

Listen for yourself and compare.

edit on 27-8-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: i added a video.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Here is a comparison:

Notice the oscillating hollow sound much like heard in your video.

Notice that the 747 is more of a steady hollow sound. This is due to engine configuration. Single engine have the same sound but more mono. the same is true with all tail mounted engines be they twin or a trio configuration.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

It's difficult to understand what is "normal" in your part of the globe, clouds like that are pretty common in my area. The second last picture was a little ominous because of the reddish glow but other than that they just look like storm clouds.
Perhaps you are paying more attention to the sky lately and noticing things that you usually would not? It seems like that ailment is going around lately, I certainly have caught it.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is an important thread. There is something unusual going on and relaed to the clouds.

Since the chemtrails have disappeared I've notice huge cumulus cloud formations. It only occurred to me since I noticed the lack of flat, chem clouds.

Two days ago while driving on Rt 81 near Bristol, VA I saw what looked like a postage stamp shaped blimp between huge cumulus clouds in a valley. As bizarre as it seems it seemed to be trying to get my attention. Just as I got my camera out, we drove past a few mountains blocking my view.

A number of "light workers" have been posting the impression that there are cloud ships among clouds. I have no proof. I need empirical evidence to believe such claims but it warrants attention.

My gut tells me the chem trails may have something to do with obscuring the sky as opposed to geo engineering.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Interesting post and photos! I wonder if you live in close proximity to an airport? I do and on occasion, I hear the same type of noise as the Boeing Turbo Props are taxiing on the runway. The clarity and volume of he noise is dependent on how the plane is taxiing. If he is heading towards or away from me, I hear the noise. If the plane makes a left or right turn, the noise lessens or disappears. A few minutes into your video, it sounds like he has taken off.

As to the orange clouds, I speculate that this relates directly to the intensity and time of day of the storm. Storm clouds can take on various colours, orange being one of them and it appears when the sun is lower on the horizon and the clouds are carrying a lot of moisture, either rain or hail. Hail is caused by strong updrafts in the clouds. Hail bends sunlight towards the yellow, green or orange end of the spectrum. The more hail there is, the more the light is bent. If you're in an area that doesn't normally see drastic shifts in weather systems (cooler and dry air mass immediately replaced by hot and very moist or vice versa) then this can appear highly unusual don't have a source for this, just a few braincells still firing what I learned in high school Geography and meteorology classes.

Clouds are definitely menacing but I really don't think it's anything sinister. Everyone the world over is saying they're experiencing what they feel is abnormal weather lately....

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
OK, what is this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join