It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual clounds and unidentified sound (video and images included) - no aliens just denying ignoranc

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hi ATS:ers

I know yet another thread about the cloud formation on strange noises in the sky. But this really baffled me.

The images below were taken yesterday evening walking home - I was so surprised by the way the sky looked I felt I had to take some pictures, not long after i got home an unusual sound was heard so I went out on my balcony to record. The video starts off with the sound that to me is unidentified, I live very near a city airport and hear airplanes of varying kinds all ay long, this is not like any I've heard. If someone recognizes what kind of aircraft makes that noise i would love to hear it.

My recording is about 6 minutes long and includes some ordinary planes passing in the skies for reference against the other noise. I also filmed the clouds in the skies above my house just to show how thick the cloud cover was which made it impossible to see anything - the sound appeared to be coming from the general direction of the airport.

So I ask my ATS fellows to help me identify the craft that made the sound.

Also the last image in the series has a very strange light shining through the clouds
( NOTE: the bottom right section where the clouds glow orange not my lampshade in the left mid section as someone pointed out). The general direction is somewhere North East .... sunrise happens around there in the summer, but this was late in the evening so no sun - wondering if anyone more familiar with these types of clouds know what makes that kind of light phenomenon happen. There was no thunder or lightning at the time although there had been some earlier but much further to the left of the image (meaning from that direction but a few kilometers away at least )

The general location is southern parts of Scandinavia.

I thank you and much love

For clarification purposes this is the area within the clouds that i am interested in - it is hard to tell from the picture but in reality it was glowing as if a setting sun was inside it.

videobam.com...

I hope the video works I'm trying a new video service that i'm not too familiar with.

Thanks you
edit on 27/8/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
second from bottom pic to the left!!!!!
UFO

i just see a few storm clouds

edit on 27-8-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
bottom pic the left!!!!!
UFO

i just see a few storm clouds

No kidding??

Seriously I know they are storm clouds the point is they are unusual for here and did you watch the video? I am not claiming any extraterrestial origin at all just interested to learn from those who know - yes more than just that they are storm clouds. These types of clouds seem more fit for tropical regions imo. But thank you for your input.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
behold!

bum bum buummmmmmmm

regular clouds I believe
edit on 27/8/2012 by blu3nowh3r3 because: watched the 6 minutes of questionable footage and posted this

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by blu3nowh3r3
behold!

bum bum buummmmmmmm

regular clouds I believe
edit on 27/8/2012 by blu3nowh3r3 because: watched the 6 minutes of questionable footage and posted this

Did you also read the OP? Again my question is what is making the noise in the video and what phenomenon causes the cloud to glow like the last shot? But I see being funny is what makes ATS these days.... if you were unsure why I posted then asking usually works at which point I would have explained that many people are posting these things and this was interesting and unusual enough for me considering my location to ask for advice from those who might feel it is obvious.

SO if you clever pants would care to tell me the craft that made the sound and the name of the clouds and phenomenon causing the glow go ahead I am all ears. See I already stated i know they were clouds and explained why I felt they were unusual....

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think that is a lamp shade "shining" through the clouds.

I can hear the noises and they do sound a little strange.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
I think that is a lamp shade "shining" through the clouds.

I can hear the noises and they do sound a little strange.

A lamp shade? In the middle of a cloud? Please explain how you believe it is so.

The clouds where illuminated from within, and that area of the sky is huge (look down to the right of the image where the orange colour shines though the cloud, I first thought it was the setting sun until I realized the sun sets in the opposite direction of the skies. I am sure there is a name for the phenomenon hoping someone will enlighten me (no pun intended)

Much love and thank you for your input

Oh lol I see yes that is my lamp shade shining to the left mid section because the image was taken through my window. I was interested in the orange glowing cloud at the bottom right section though not the reflection of my lamp

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

I suggest these are common "Wall Clouds", "... lowering cloud formation that develops beneath the base of a cumulonimbus cloud" (Wikipedia - Wall Cloud).

The EXIF meta data attached to your photograph of the red cloud indicates it was captured at around 7PM and I suggest that it could be low angle sun light scattered by dust kicked up by the storm that tends to shift the spectrum to the red.

I have not listened to your audio yet so I cannot comment.

Best regards,
Z

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Do you by any chance live in Copenhagen or near, cause the Danish airforce were celebrating something yesterday and therefore had F16 in the air most of the day, i saw them flying formation 3 times during the day over Copenhagen, plus we had a rain storm yesterday.

Posible explanation: F16 fighters and storm clouds of different density

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Sorry, didn't see the other orange light as I couldn't take my eyes off the lampshade.

I don't remember what it is called, but I have heard of this glow happening. (Try sundog maybe?)

The glow is interesting and the noises even more so. Thank you for videoing and sharing here.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Do you by any chance live in Copenhagen or near, cause the Danish airforce were celebrating something yesterday and therefore had F16 in the air most of the day, i saw them flying formation 3 times during the day over Copenhagen, plus we had a rain storm yesterday.

Posible explanation: F16 fighters and storm clouds of different density

Good call thank you but no I live much further north than that. Do you have an example of F16 fighter sounding like the noise in my video because I guess it could have been none the less.

Interesting so the different densities causes the glow - that is a lovely phenomenon in that case do you know what it is called?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

it was sarcasm concerning the UFO
(of course its a lamp)
and its now the second from bottom pic!
OP added another pic
and no OP i dont see anything unusual!
Just in Birmingham UK 2 days ago the same type of clouds formed

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
reply to post by IAmD1

Sorry, didn't see the other orange light as I couldn't take my eyes off the lampshade.

I don't remember what it is called, but I have heard of this glow happening. (Try sundog maybe?)

The glow is interesting and the noises even more so. Thank you for videoing and sharing here.

No, thank you for pointing out the lamp shade to me, I was wondering why I was getting such snide remarks . I tried to be very clear that I wasn't calling for any unnatural causes, but alas an obvious lamp shade was what threw me into the bottom less pit of ifyoudon'tknowwhatitisitmustbeanalienwhatcausedit.com

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Doodle19815

it was sarcasm concerning the UFO
(of course its a lamp)
and its now the second from bottom pic!
OP added another pic
and no OP i dont see anything unusual!
Just in Birmingham UK 2 days ago the same type of clouds formed

yes indeed I did add a close up of the section I was asking about because as Doodle pointed out to me the lampshade was what got every ones attention lol

Are these common in Birmingham because when I loved in the UK I don't remember seeing these types of clouds much. Grey skies yes 80% of the time but not these thick fluffy clouds that seem more normal in tropical regions. Again I wasn't saying they were not storm clouds just unusual for my region and well I wanted to know the name of the glowing phenomenon. Alos do you have any views on the sound in my video?

link   
reply to post by IAmD1

No i don't know what it's called other than clouds.

I searched Google for some Cumulus clouds and found these pictures and article about glowing clouds.

G oogle cumulus pictures
Not much to read in the article though.

www.geograph.org.uk...

edit on 27-8-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Yep, I caught on but I don't think he did. That is why I pointed it out.

Strangely, I would not have been surprised if this was in the UFO forum. I have seen worse claims.

Have you watched the video yet? There are some strange sounds.....

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrZrD
reply to post by IAmD1

I suggest these are common "Wall Clouds", "... lowering cloud formation that develops beneath the base of a cumulonimbus cloud" (Wikipedia - Wall Cloud).

The EXIF meta data attached to your photograph of the red cloud indicates it was captured at around 7PM and I suggest that it could be low angle sun light scattered by dust kicked up by the storm that tends to shift the spectrum to the red.

I have not listened to your audio yet so I cannot comment.

Best regards,
Z

Interesting thank you however I wonder the sun must have been somewhere in the clouds behind me and behind the building I live in...do you know how it could throw the light all the way to the other side of the skies past my building? I assume some sort of refraction in the water droplets of the clouds perhaps?

great input thank you will love to hear what thoughts you have on the sound.

Wow interesting wall clouds are often associated with tornadoes - as I suspected these clouds do not belong in northern europe so much as in southern parts of the US. We've had some crazy rain this year and i was speaking to another person about it today. This person thought the rain we had was reminiscent of Thailand rather than here.

much love and thank you for that input

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I caught the colored clouds one night. It isn't out of the ordinary around here though (Other than being sooo bright). Usually the sun is setting and on the opposite side we get these.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

ok so yea normal clouds for UK

but the sound is deffinately reminiscent of the strange sounds heard around the world
sorry OP for not listening fisrt time!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by IAmD1

ok so yea normal clouds for UK

but the sound is deffinately reminiscent of the strange sounds heard around the world
sorry OP for not listening fisrt time!

Thank you for taking a second look at the video...

Hmm do you think, I don't know what to think of the noise but it was very loud and like i said like nothing i h ave heard here before. I have in past heard the loud rumble in the sky and also the loud airplane type noise but this was nothing like it. Also I recorded at least 7-8 minuted of it but do not want to load the first video as it includes images of my face I would rather not share on here.

again thank you for taking your time hearing me out

<<   2  3 >>

join