Am I missing something about circumcision?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Tragically, a few young doctors botch circumcisions leading to a lifetime of problems for your child. I recommend locating a doctor with perhaps 20 years of history; the young doctors do not have the experience and the old timers sometimes cling to discontinued practices (for example, no pain medications).

This is a decision a parent must make for their child without their consent within a few days of birth. Adult circumcisions can be extremely problematic, much more painful, and should never (IMO) be considered as an option.

In addition to the usual benefits promoted, IMO, circumcision benefits children during infancy by reducing the number of episodes of penile discomfort from urine burns or infections. Growing up with a painful "willy" must cause at least some lasting emotional trauma that circumcision helps reduce.

Best regards,
Z

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I agree with everything you've stated, as well as some others. My husband and I chose not to have our son cut. It seems unnecessary. Might as well take everybody in at birth and remove all "unnecessary" bits, like an appendix "just in case"....

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrZrD

Tragically, a few young doctors botch circumcisions leading to a lifetime of problems for your child. I recommend locating a doctor with perhaps 20 years of history; the young doctors do not have the experience and the old timers sometimes cling to discontinued practices (for example, no pain medications).

This is a decision a parent must make for their child without their consent within a few days of birth. Adult circumcisions can be extremely problematic, much more painful, and should never (IMO) be considered as an option.

In addition to the usual benefits promoted, IMO, circumcision benefits children during infancy by reducing the number of episodes of penile discomfort from urine burns or infections. Growing up with a painful "willy" must cause at least some lasting emotional trauma that circumcision helps reduce.

Best regards,
Z

Maybe you should consider why it's so painful at a later age? Because that's when the organ is grown fully and all the nerves are mature. That's when you are old enough to enjoy those senses and it's a crime to take that away from your child without his consent.
If I put my willy in my underwear without the skin down it becomes a nightmare after only a few minutes and it hurts till it would go numb after a while but remains a very uncomfortable feeling. This indicates that the circumcised male has lost all these senses and it's very sad.
I cannot even imagine how a circumcised male can masturbate without having to put spit or some lubricant on it.
It's all very wrong and just cause you find it normal doesn't make it normal.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Studies demonstrate that circumcision decreases the risk for bacterial growth. Just think about it. Use some common sense. You can barely get children and teenagers in the shower, let alone trust them to properly and appropriately clean themselves. Unless you're prepared to do some early and effective cleaning and sexual education, I am for circumcision. While it is superficial and meaningless, picture your 7th grader in the showers after gym class, or after football or wrestling practice. Kids at that age are mean and stupid. Do you envision your child will be mature enough to make intelligent rebuttals to the stupid kids that see him as different.? Kids have enough reason to feel insecure and inadequate during their teenage years.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It's all about aesthetics. Some women like a man uncut and some like them cut.

Both of my boys are cut though and so am I.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
It's all about aesthetics. Some women like a man uncut and some like them cut.

Both of my boys are cut though and so am I.

Yes, I guess you just have to ask the lady in waiting which she prefers.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I know how you feel.. I have 4 boys and 1 girl.. just got my 4th boy circumcised a few months ago. My oldest wasn't circumcised since he was preterm and I hate that we weren't able to get it done for him because if something happens later in life he will have to deal with that memory, and I know men that have had to be circumcised in adolescence because of some freak accident that little boys will often get themselves into with their high energy.. it seems a lot harder on the older ones because they can't just sleep the days away as a newborn does. But with my 4th son i was better educated as in the different types of procedures that are available, my 2 middle sons were taken and cut with no pain relief and I hated that they had to go through that.. with my youngest 4 months ago I was informed of the plasti-bell circumcision and it was wonderful, I was in the room when they did it, he barely cried... he had tylenol before the appt.. then they injected lydocaine into his glans to numb his penis and that was the only point he whimpered.. just from the needle... he slept through the rest of the procedure and 4 days later the plasti-bell fell off and he was completely healed. I would recommend this procedure over any other type of circumcision because it does not hurt the baby. Oh and the plasti-bell is nearly fool proof when it comes to the cutting. You also don't have to keep it covered in gauze or really any special cleaning techniques.. As a parent it is a whole lot easier and for babe a lot more comfortable.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Grace0f4babes because: add

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
After the husband had to go through circumcision at the age of 25 (and I was 5 months pregnant), he and I decided right then and there to have our son cut right from the get-go so that there was no chance he would have to go thru it as an adult.

Our doctor used a plastibell on our son when he was about 24 hours old. Additionally, I do not recall him fussing about it once I got him home. Actually, the thing that gave him the most trouble and pain was the umbilical cord/belly-button thingy. It kept getting hung on his diaper and bleeding. On the other hand, his penis healed up just like it should and the plastibell fell off on its own.

Just our personal experience...

edit on 27-8-2012 by DustbowlDebutante because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Turtlenecks look gross, and could be smelly as well (see: schmegma). Also, when you do see one that's uncut it looks like a dog's and that's not a good look to have when concerning the ladies.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardoom

That's the whole problem, circumcision is so normal in America that you compare it to stuff like that, when a non circumcised penis is completely natural, and that's how it should look.

I am from New Zealand, and I'm not circumcised. I moved to the US and my wife loves it! Everyone is fascinated by the fact that I'm "natural" and ask themselves, "why did I mutilate my son?".

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
reply to post by Nucleardoom

That's the whole problem, circumcision is so normal in America that you compare it to stuff like that, when a non circumcised penis is completely natural, and that's how it should look.

I am from New Zealand, and I'm not circumcised. I moved to the US and my wife loves it! Everyone is fascinated by the fact that I'm "natural" and ask themselves, "why did I mutilate my son?".

Or they could be asking themselves "why did I give my son HIV?'

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So, having an intact penis is a health risk. Nonetheless, I am missing a chunk of my body, and I will never know if this is something I would have approved of. I suspect that I would be happier with my body in its natural state.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I can't stand the sight of 'cut' penises. They look vile. As for all the other reasons, I wonder how human kind has survived for so long without messing with their genitals? I don't think nature is wrong by protecting the tip of a willy with skin. There is clearly a good reason for it or it would have evolved itself out.

If your argument is about hygiene, I pity those that need a cutting to keep clean. I'd trust a man more if he can take care of himself without being mutilated.
Are you expecting your sons to be dirty little things and are you as a grown man too lazy to wash properly?
You must be, I can't think of any other reason. Why not teach your sons how to wash, or put a little bit of effort in when you wash yourself instead?

Would you cut your lips off to expose your teeth because it may be better? That is how I see it. It is unnatural and ugly.

Seriously, I absolutely HATE cut willies. Yuck!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
Circumc ision benefits outweigh risks, but parents should choose, pediatricians say

Circumcision lowers the risk of a range of diseases, from AIDS to herpes, and doesn’t hurt sexual performance or pleasure in adulthood, the American Academy of Pediatrics said. While the Academy doesn’t go so far as to recommend circumcision as routine, it’s the group’s strongest endorsement yet of the sometimes controversial procedure.

Just found out my wife is pregnant. All of a sudden circumcision is a big deal for me. Never gave it much thought before. I'm cut, just like every other guy in my family. But not for religious reasons. Just a cultural thing I guess.

No big deal for me, but now I have to make the decision for someone else!

I don't think I want to have it done to my child.

A: It's a weird practice when you really think about it
B: I have no covenant with god and I don't think he wants my son's foreskin.
C: What if the doc slips up or some kind of complication arises?!
D: I don't live in a third world country. We have access to soap and and condoms here.

But the CDC keeps saying how circumcision dramatically lowers the risk for STD's and other health problems. Ok, I get it. I understand how that works.

But don't condoms, basic personal hygiene, and general safe sex practices work too?? The way some of the news articles talk about it makes it seem like circumcision is the only way to prevent the spread of AIDS.

Am I missing something here? Can't you be uncircumcised and just use a freaking condom like everyone else?

You've got theories from both camps, pro and cons. At the end comes down to a simple personal choice. All the health issue imo is just a lame excuse. Keep your self clean and over clean if needs to be, practice safe sex and you don't need to cut yourself. I have friends who were natural and for some reasons decided to change the look, lol. They regret it big time now. The feel is different, sensitivity loss, different look, overall a change that is not that easy to bear with. (be it mentally or emotionally). And this comes from guys who once were uncut and not are so IMO are the best people to take an advise from. Whoever is been cut since childhood has no saying on how it feels to be uncut. But whoever has been uncut in his adult years and decides to change it, is able to tell you realistically the difference. Do some research, check what people say then deicide. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by luminaut
So, having an intact penis is a health risk. Nonetheless, I am missing a chunk of my body, and I will never know if this is something I would have approved of. I suspect that I would be happier with my body in its natural state.

Do you still have your wisdom teeth? How about your tonsils?
Got both yanked out so I never have strep or a jacked up grin.

Just saying we do have useless body parts, and sometimes they can be detrimental to our health.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I struggled with this decision too. In the end, 37% less likely to get aids put me over the top. I stood outside the nursery as it was happening and the little guy didn't even cry. Pretty proud of the little tough guy. They took him right back to mom and he ate and then took a nap.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
With the human species copulating since our inception, and our world population expanded to what it is today, I must say, it's amazing that men lived long enough to discover circumcision!

It must have been awful, back in that cave, watching your third brother drop dead from dirty willy. I wonder if the darned thing fell off first or if it was simply ground zero for a more systemic infection.

The bubonic plague? Lack of washcloths.
The AIDS scare of the 1980's? Shower gel was uncommon, LifeBoy was the norm, and the loofah hadn't been shipped outside a Caribbean island since the whole sugar-cane debacle back in the 1800's.

Watch out folks...there might be kook-aid in that kool-aid.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters
No offense but why are Americans so brainwashed by a bunch of Jews ?

No, it's not okay mutilating your child against his will
No, it's not protecting you against AIDS... really STD's? Who would even investigate something like that? Only Jews would. It's like being OK playing russian roulette if the odds are 37% less... what a joke.

Yes, it does kill your nerves and your sexlife (circumcised guys have no say in this sorry you simply don't know what's missing)
Yes, it's weird and look even weirder... just cause everyone jumps off a bridge... Who would even consider cutting a piece of his dick unless you live is some dirty sandhole and don't see water for months and your dick is all sandy...

It's a very disturbing and vile practice that has to stop. Luckily Germany was the first to take steps to stop it and I hope many countries will follow.

I really don't know how circumcision prevents any disease. An uncut or a cut penis looks the same when erect, so where does the protection part come into play?

What I don't understand is on an uncut penis, the foreskin pulls all the way back when erect. If that foreskin is removed, how can a cut penis become fully erect? Sure seems like they'd lose an inch or two.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This thread proves how brainwashed Americans have become.
It is not true at all that there is a significant increased risk for diseases/stds if you have a intact penis. Just a quick comparision between USA and for example Europe will prove that. The stats shows nearly identical trends.
This is nothing but a cruel practice that is done just in the name of religion or tradition.
Some here even dared to say that urine infections is a reason to do it because of pain and possible trauma?? Never heard of any europeans having that issue and urine infections are not that painful either. Yet the barbaric practice this very same person defend causes such INTENSE pain that the baby pretty much goes into shock. This will be painful for a long time after. Imagine having a open wound while pissing yourself in the diaper?? Or when having the diaper changed..
Is this okay just because they forget?? It still might cause some trauma and is really painful as it is happening. Just because they cant store long term memories yet does not mean they are not conscious and actually feeling the pain.

And then you have those who say that the kid could be bullied because he is different.. So just because there are idiots out there who on rare cases use it as a reason to bully you should keep up this cruel practice forever??
If this is a big problem then something is really wrong with Americans. Here circumcision is extremely rare, but yet no one is bullied over being different here.
What is even more fun is how christians claim that God made you perfect in his own image but yet you mutilate your children on first day.

There are many reasons not to do it as well. Cutting off the foreskin will actually also sever some delicate nerves which will of course remove quite a bit of sensation. The foreskin is also needed to lubricate the penis during intercourse which is why alot of americans need to use lube when masturbating or having sex, which is something we europeans dont have to do.

In my opinion this should be banned so that they can decide themselves when they are mature and old enough.
The only time it should be performed on a baby/child is when there is a specific medical reason to do so.

And to the poster earlier who claim that it should be done because teenagers dont shower... Are Americans really that filthy?? Most teenagers here wants to shower daily..
edit on 29-4-2013 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB

Originally posted by luminaut

Do you still have your wisdom teeth? How about your tonsils?
Got both yanked out so I never have strep or a jacked up grin.

Just saying we do have useless body parts, and sometimes they can be detrimental to our health.

But foreskin is not one of them. That is nothing but pure propaganda that has no basis in reality like i just explained in my other post. People usually remove wisdom teeth because of medical reasons while circumcision is done purely on tradition and religious reasons.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join

ATS Live Radio Presents - The Bear Truth ***On The AIR !!! ***
read more: ATS Live Radio Presents - The Bear Truth - (SE4 EP1)