It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA, DHS Order 1,400 Pounds of High Powered Explosives Set to Deliver August 31

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I did a search and did not find this posted yet so I thought I would post it because I feel that it has the potential to be extremely important. What that may be, I have no clue. First, an order of 500 million rounds then 1.2 billion rounds of hallow point bullets and now this. Who really knows what the implications of this could be.

Documents reveal that The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has ordered over 1,400 pounds of super high-powered explosives through the (TSA) Transportation Safety Administration set to be delivered on August 31st. The news comes just after it was reported that the DHS had purchased over 1.2 billion rounds of hollow point bullets and a wide assortment of riot gear. The new explosives purchase, as highlighted by mainstream news service Government Security News, consists of 1,400 pounds worth of high density ammonium nitrate and A-5 Flake RDX explosives.

In case you doubt the validity of the mainstream news report, you can actually locate the purchase statements on the official goverment website. If you prefer to see the purchase statements specifically, you can view them here (link downloads the document to your PC). Here is an excerpt from the purchase order:

“The CES requires the 700 pounds of High Density Ammonium Nitrate and 700 pounds of A-5 Flake RDX to provide Canine Explosive Training Aids (CETAs) to NCP participants. The supplier must be able to meet the exact requirements by August 31st, 2012. Substitutions for this product are not acceptable.”

The recent bulk acquisition of bullets, explosives, and war-ready protective gear has been written off by the mainstream media as nothing more than a bare necessity for training. Of course the amount of hollow point bullets, which happen to be military-grade and in sufficient enough quantity to allocate 4 bullets per American citizen, also happen to be several times the ‘normal’ amount of training-related orders put in by government agencies. The TSA will likely write this purchase off in a similar manner, however it is important to note that this is the same agency that has not only ignored research published as far back as 1998 highlighting the link between their x-ray machines and cancer, but has been caught telling children that sexually groping them is a ‘game’.

Source

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If you had read the whole order you would have seen that they will be using the explosives to train bomb-sniffing dogs.

They aren't going to blow us up.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I can't tell if this is business as usual via profits from military industrial complex, or a preparation for potential chaos, and if so, is it suspected chaos or strategic chaos? I would like to see comparisons of previous bulk purchases to clarify if this is exceptional or not.
edit on 27-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: sp

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

If you had read the whole order you would have seen that they will be using the explosives to train bomb-sniffing dogs.

It certainly does not require 1400 pounds to train bomb sniffing dogs! Do you think they need 1400 pounds of any certain drug to teach dogs to sniff them out????

I am not a dog trainer, but I will bet in most cases they just use a small amount of any substance to train them to sniff it out.......

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Being an employee of DHS/TSA I can perhaps shed some light on the procurment order and its purpose. The explosives, as indicated by a previous poster, is training material. Now I say that with about 90% certainty, having attended several BAO (Bomb Apprasial Officer) training sessions. While analogs have their uses in training, they are not always the best material to use, and when dealing with explosives nothing beats the real stuff.

Now, as for the ammunition and riot gear I can also give a fair explanation as to their use. Within the past year a vast number of Airports have had large firearm safes installed. Some are in plain view, some are not. I have personally seen the contents of one. The safes contain, at least the one I saw, two shotguns and at least one high powered rifle along with two handguns. There also seemed to be one or two vests - most likely bullet proof. So, after looking at the procurment document there is nothing really sinister about the items, the amount of ammunition is a bit excessive; however, the ammunition may also be earmarked for training. I say training because there are some airports that do not employ local law enforcement officers but have DHS law enforcement officers. As with regular law enforcement officers they most likely have to participate in regular training, which would include firearms training/practice and qualifications.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It could be for training dogs but there is nothing to stop them for "recycling" the materials for other purposes once the training is over. Well unless they plan on blowing up what they use during/after the training?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

you belive everything the government tells you?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm out with EOD dog handlers tomorrow so I shall make enquiries as to their training routine and post back here.
However having been involved with their traing, having many capability briefs and way too much time working with the dogs and handlers on ops this is what I can remember off the top of my head regarding this topic

Dog sections/teams/units hold two samples of training substance of about 10 grams each

So that's 20 grams per dog section ( that's not 1 dog that's the whole unit of dogs and handlers )

1,400 pounds is a little over 635,029 grams
Now devide that by 20 ( being the grams held by each section )
Equals 31,751 ( rounded down to the nearest whole number )

So that would be 31,751 dog units just in the DHS

Hmmmmm !

As I said I'll speak to the experts tomorrow and get some answers regarding this area

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I just want to get this straight. So some of you think the Goverment has a secret plan for martial law that they reveal by public releases of ammunition and explosives purchases. Not even numbers anyone I find impressive. You should how much ammo a single SEAL teams uses in a months worth of training, you would think they were planning on fighting WW3 all by themselves.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
All the ammo, riot gear and high explosives are just for training. Everybody go back to sleep. Nothing to worry about. (end sarcasm)

They can say whatever they want. I DO NOT trust them and I DO NOT believe one word that comes from their lying lips, period.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Call me a sheeple, but 1,400 lbs of high explosives ("super high powered explosives" really tells me that somebody doesn't know what they're talking about, or is just engaging in hyperbole just to stir up the readership) isn't a huge amount. Admittedly, it's more than I want to be sitting on top of when it goes off, but it's not exactly enough to bring on the Apocalypse.

It does seem about right for training purposes, given that the training is going to require a lot of small packets of explosive, and presumably they'll be training several dogs (in several different schools) at once.

Now, if it was 1,400 *tons* of high explosive, that would be a different story...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

That amount is more than enough to get the ball rolling.
I just hope i'm not around where it is used.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
sounds like enough to I dunno bring down a large steel based structure....

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Is this just for dogs or is this part of the order for normal training if it is just for the dogs where is the other order. If it is for both I think they will need more.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Sorry for the delay in my reply

Ok a dog unit holds between 75-100 grams per substance
That's PER dog unit .......NOT per dog

But also ...larger amounts are used to replicate former devices or to fufil a specific training requirement
two examples I was given was a large vehicle IED
And a buried 'arms cache' training scenario, a large quantitie hidden in a LARGE area

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The TSA's dog training center looks like is on Lackland Air Force Base. The TSA could sign out explosives from the Air Force for training. And turn it back in so it would eventually be used by our military to kill bad guys. Plus there would be a long paper trail so the military could keep on eye on where all the explosives was going.

Not sure its a good idea for dog handlers to be dealing with high powered explosives since they aren't trained on it. Things like maybe shelf life.....will we start seeing TSA dog handlers going BOOM because they improperly stored high powered explosives for years and past a shelf life leading to a scenario where it became unstable?

As for the TSA/DHS ordering billions of rounds of ammo....prior to the new boogey man they created our own military wasn't using very much ammo. They were using air compressors connected to M16's to get the actions to cycle and pointing and clicking on big screens to annually qualify on weapons.

We've got retired military members who've only shot less than 200 live rounds from military firearms due to the cost saving cuts.

DHS ordering BILLIONS of rounds........doesn't quite compute. They also don't last forever and will have to be disposed of and replaced....either they have a plan to use them......or somebody made a MAJOR ordering error....which I highly doubt.

They plan on using them.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The samples are kept for 12 months and held in the central armoury On that units camp untill signed out for use
And then depending on the substances drawn, different protocols are followed to ensure safety and prevent accidental initiation

After 12 months the samples are destroyed ( or possibly used in dems training )

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I think you have a point. I think they would want a dog to be able to smell a teaspoonful of this stuff, so the smaller, the better. NOT a huge quantity. And they could put anything on those purchase orders. If you are questioning the amount at all, then shouldn't you also question the reason?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainEnigma

Indeed
The handlers I discussed this with said 5-10 grams is their preferred training weight
- probably where I got the 10g's from in my original post

But hold 75-100g

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
I just want to get this straight. So some of you think the Goverment has a secret plan for martial law that they reveal by public releases of ammunition and explosives purchases. Not even numbers anyone I find impressive. You should how much ammo a single SEAL teams uses in a months worth of training, you would think they were planning on fighting WW3 all by themselves.

Actually as a former SWCC Operator that went through my training prior to SWCC and SEAL training being seperated, I can attest to the fact that the numbers are not as high as you are making them out to be. To qualify SWCC I had to have fired 230,000 rounds of ammo, and that was from the start of BUDS through my entire 10 month training. That was while going through my initial SWCC training, once assigned to a SBT we didn't spend as much time at the range as during course training and so the number of rounds we used were less.

As I stated in another post concerning the ammo purchases, our combined forces in Afghan and Iraq used approximately 1.3 billion rounds of ammo in the last 2 and a half years, that's in two seperate combat campaigns composed of all armed service members from each branch. Now looking at those numbers its hard to believe that DHS which has approximately 280,000 employees is going to use more ammo for training than our enitire actively deployed military of 1.6 million personnel uses in combat. The numbers just don't add up.

I also ring the 1,4000 pounds of explosives being used for training to be suspect. As another poster mentioned around 10-15 grams is more than suffecient for training purposes. I figure that 1,400 pounds is enough explosives to severely disable a vast majority of the bridges in this nation. Not destroy them but make them unpassable.

The government is counting on the people that have no idea about ammunition and quantities needed for training of both firearms and explosives to buy into their lame ass excuses for the procurement of such vast quantities. There are however plenty of people whom know what these numbers signify.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join